Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

jesus ****ing christ with the spoilers. I wanna chat about this show but not like that. God damn.

I watched episode 1. It was okay but i'm not fully hooked yet. I'll have more time to watch more this week and really sink into it. Melis got me in to Everwood and it wasn't until around episode 3 where I really thought, "this is a great show"
Old 04-16-2017, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
jesus ****ing christ with the spoilers. I wanna chat about this show but not like that. God damn.

I watched episode 1. It was okay but i'm not fully hooked yet. I'll have more time to watch more this week and really sink into it. Melis got me in to Everwood and it wasn't until around episode 3 where I really thought, "this is a great show"
I think that "Life Goes On" is a show that actually gets better as it goes on and I can't say that for many television shows that I watch now or in the past. Libby and Drew are good parents who understand that their children are going to make mistakes and make their own choices but, they also realize that it's part of growing up and they can't be there every second and every step of the way but that that choices and mistakes are part of growing up.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I was invested in the show right from the start. That doesn't always happen with me on a lot of shows. Some you just know before you even see it.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Spoiler:

i agree that drew and libby are great parents. they cared about their children and wanted the best for them. i loved that they treated corky normally and didn't treat him like he was just special ed. they wanted him to have opportunities.

barry, i was hooked too. i remember always watching this back in the 80s/90s. it was appointment tv for me.

matt, i hope that you really like the show. i know you'll give it a chance.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
i agree that drew and libby are great parents. they cared about their children and wanted the best for them. i loved that they treated corky normally and didn't treat him like he was just special ed. they wanted him to have opportunities.
I think that having Corky made them even better parents because they knew how to be an advocate for him and they wanted all of their kids to experience life and they also knew that yes, there were things that they couldn't fix for their kids and couldn't make their children's choices for them. I also liked to see them not always get along or see eye to eye, because that made them more realistic.

Quote:
barry, i was hooked too. i remember always watching this back in the 80s/90s. it was appointment tv for me.
Me, too and it was a time where people actually watched t.v. live, unlike today in my opinion.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 04-18-2017, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melis (View Post)
Spoiler:

matt, i hope that you really like the show. i know you'll give it a chance.
Yes, I loved that about them.

There used to be a lot of appointment TV. I can miss things now because it's always there ON DEMAND the next day. There was something special though about catching it on TV.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Yes, I loved that about them.

There used to be a lot of appointment TV. I can miss things now because it's always there ON DEMAND the next day. There was something special though about catching it on TV.
I agree that there was something special about catching it on live t.v. and being on the edge of your seat and having to wait a week for a t.v. storyline to continue and it wasn't going to be spoiled like it often happens today in large part due to social media.
Spoiler:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

yeah, drew and libby definitely took up for corky and always made sure he was treated fairly.

i love watching tv shows every week. it's just not the same to record it and watch later. you miss all the excitement of watching it when it airs. tv isn't like that now.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

It's true. I think there is a lot more drama and build up in storytelling when you have to wait a week to see something. Something is lost and not as impactful when it's just all right there at once for you.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

yeah, it's exciting when you have to wait.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
It's true. I think there is a lot more drama and build up in storytelling when you have to wait a week to see something. Something is lost and not as impactful when it's just all right there at once for you.
It's not as impactful when it's all right there right away. Season 4 was to me must see t.v. and there wasn't a prime time show dealing with a story like Becca and Jesse's and it doesn't hold back and Jesse and Becca don't hold back either.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

and there still isn't a show that has a couple/family like that. i doubt we ever see a show like this one.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
and there still isn't a show that has a couple/family like that. i doubt we ever see a show like this one.
Quote:
This show was different than the shows geared towards families and young adults in the past and even now because the kids and the adults all realize that some issues can't be solved in a hour and even though technology is a great tool, we live in a society that is very absorbed in their phones and I Pads etc.
Spoiler:
Old 04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

the kids and adults on this show had real problems. they dealt with a lot, and it didn't always turn out all rosy.

Spoiler:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE]
Quote:
the kids and adults on this show had real problems. they dealt with a lot, and it didn't always turn out all rosy.
There was a definite shift in the later seasons and I realize that some fans didn't like it and with that being said,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 04-26-2017 at 07:22 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread