Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
That's basically what they were trying to do if I remember but a lot of the main cast members left just before the show got cancelled due to poor ratings. I think they were making Jada Pinkett-Smith's character Lena as the main female lead after Whitley left with Dwayne
The episode before the last had Lena Horne visiting the campus. That was the last we saw of the original cast.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Yes that's right

They could have done the spin-off from this spin-off with Whitley, Dwayne and her child but I guess Jasmine got tired of playing Whitley.
Well, there is one thing we will remember from her and that is......DWAAAAAAAYNE
Old 02-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Yes that's right

They could have done the spin-off from this spin-off with Whitley, Dwayne and her child but I guess Jasmine got tired of playing Whitley.
Well, there is one thing we will remember from her and that is......DWAAAAAAAYNE
Yeah, I guess that is one that could of worked.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

I first watched this show a few years ago. Two episodes in a row would air on one of my cable channels, but I was never able to watch the episodes in complete order until I binge-watched the show on Netflix (no longer available. ) about a year or so ago. I think I was a sobbing mess by the end, where the very last scene was of Ron looking heartbroken as he watched Whitley and Dwayne leave off to a different world.

Thanks for that video, TopManKing. So glad there are fans out there who love this couple enough to create a fan video.

Quote:
It was annoying and endearing at the same time.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden of Might (View Post)
I first watched this show a few years ago. Two episodes in a row would air on one of my cable channels, but I was never able to watch the episodes in complete order until I binge-watched the show on Netflix (no longer available. ) about a year or so ago. I think I was a sobbing mess by the end, where the very last scene was of Ron looking heartbroken as he watched Whitley and Dwayne leave off to a different world.

Thanks for that video, TopManKing. So glad there are fans out there who love this couple enough to create a fan video.

It was annoying and endearing at the same time.
That does sound sad. I see it listed on the TV grid almost every day. I can't remember the channel. BET maybe.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

It was a sad ending but Dwayne and Whitley stayed as a happily married couple.

Dwayne and Whitley are my favorite couple ever. Before Ross/Rachel, there was Whitley/Dwayne.

Maiden of Might, I'm Mike
Whitley's "DWAAAAAYNE" is annoying but it's so funny

Now this video is what I call "the calm before the storm"

Old 02-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Barry, I think I did watch it on BET. But I got rid of my cable a year ago, so I can’t watch it there anymore. I believe the show is available through Amazon Prime now.

Hi, Mike. I’m Miros. Dwayne and Whitley are my #2 favorite couple just behind Mulder and Scully from The X-Files. I know who Ross and Rachel are, but I have yet to watch an episode of Friends. lol

Thanks for posting that video! Yeah, that talk between Dwayne and Whitley the night before her wedding was long overdue. They cleared the air between them, and it left the door open to Dwayne’s epic wedding crash.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Hi Miros

I like Mulder and Scully too but Whitley and Dwayne are my No.1 couple on any show.
The night before the wedding had to be done for these two. That epic wedding crash from Dwayne was incredible - he was about to lose the love of his life. I think Byron would have made Whitley unhappy. She may have got poorer when she was married to Dwayne but she felt inner peace which was demonstrated in S6 - this is why I love them so much. You can come from different backgrounds but there is no denying when you are supposed to be destined for someone, rich or poor, nothing can stop it (not even their mothers ) - that is what true love is all about - that is exactly what these two had

Here is another of the many epic scenes they had together - the start of the something special between them

Old 02-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Great scene! I absolutely love how crazy the live audience would get whenever Dwayne and Whitley kissed. For me, all those ooooouuuuu’s add to the excitement of shipping them. lol

Quote:
I think Byron would have made Whitley unhappy. She may have got poorer when she was married to Dwayne but she felt inner peace which was demonstrated in S6 - this is why I love them so much. You can come from different backgrounds but there is no denying when you are supposed to be destined for someone, rich or poor, nothing can stop it (not even their mothers ) - that is what true love is all about - that is exactly what these two had
Amen! And yes, their mothers cracked me up, especially "Chipmunk's" mom.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

"Chipmunks" momma was hilarious. Patti Labelle was hilarious along with Dianne Carroll who played Whitley's mom

This was another classic scene

Old 02-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Who did Patti LaBelle play?

Old 02-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Patti Labelle played Dwayne Wayne's mom - she was a trip on the show. She calls him "Chipmunk"

Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Thanks for that. "Chipmunk". Lol. That is funny.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

4X22. That must have been an awesome cliffhanger for those who were watching the show air live! Thanks to Netflix, I didn’t have to wait through an entire summer for the next episode!

Patti LaBelle is great as Dwayne’s mother. Thanks for that video. I can’t remember if both moms ever fully came around to accepting the marriage…
Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Both moms finally accepted their marriage in season 6 in episode 10 when both moms were fighting with each other then they made up at the end of the episode. I will post that video at some point.

The episode 4x22 was a cliffhanger but we know what happened next

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 02-12-2018 at 05:32 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread