Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

Your views on Colin Farrell

I hope this topic that i started is ok cus I just wanted to see what his fans here think of him in general.

As an actor: I have no doubt in my mind that Colin is one of the best actors of his generation if not that best. His ability to portray a wide variety of roles as a villain, a naive vulnerale simpleton in A Home At The End Of The World and even in comedic roles are just evidence of his vast talent. And I will always look up to him as an actor.

Off-screen persona: You might not like me for saying this but this is what I truly feel now about this aspect of Colin and I hope I don't get hammered for this even if you don't feel the same way and I really don't mean to come down on Colin in any intentional way here.
I have to admit that at first I fully embraced his bad-boy "I don't give a damn what others think about me and I will do and say what I like" attitude cus I did think he was being really cool there and I really did admire his honesty. Though lately, I seem to be reading more negative press about him like the lawsuit filed on him because of sex calls he reportedly gave; though he was cleared of the charges I somehow feel if there was some truth to it now especially after he reportedly has a sex video tape of him and a fellow playboy model now and I'm thinking is he trying to pull a "Paris Hilton" here? That's why I'm actually kind of losing some respect for Colin here truth be told especially after this report and I mean it doesn't matter if it gets circulated or not, cus the fact that he might have one just rubs me the wrong way somehow. And don't get me wrong, i love ogling at Colin's body and all but if I had to do that through a tasteless sex video tape, then I'm not sure I want to at all.

Ok I've just spoken my mind now and I still love Colin as an actor, but I have to admit though I'm not so sure if I'm that interested in his private life that much anymore.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
New Fan

I, too, think he's one of the finest actors of his generation; he proved it in both "Tigerland" and "A Home At The End Of The World".

I'm disappointed, though, that you buy into the very crap that the media are trying to sell about him. He was an easy mark for this nutcase who accused him of phone sex. Everyone KNOWS he did it because he has a high sex drive; it must be true, right? Please.

And I'm sorry if it insults you, but I'm also offended by the phrase "tasteless sex video". This was a personal tape made by two people in an exclusive relationship and it should never see the light of day. How in the hell is consensual sex between two people on a video meant only for their private enjoyment tasteless?!?

This won't affect his career; the tasteless ones are the money **ores who try to drag him down into the gutter with them. He'll come out of it barely scathed; a year from now nobody will remember this and he'll be more respected as an actor after "Ask the Dust" and "The New World" are released.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Oooh good thread idea huni!..I'll have to come back with my thought on the lover-ly Colin, I gotta take my time..since it starts to lead in another direction.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't really care about him Off-screen. I love him as an actor. I think actors get tough breaks with people all up in their personal lives. If I was an actor, I don't think I could handle being judged like that. It's like, when I leave work I leave work. I don't have my clientelle peeping through my windows and chasing me down the street in SUVs snapping pictures of me all day and passing judgement and lies about me.

I couldn't imagine. I leave my clientelle at the workplace and go home. If those looney-toons tried to follow me around and point out what the perceived to me my flaws every day, ...something would have to give...

I'd be like, "Oh, you think I did a good job?!
What? You appreaciate my service? Thankyou! You don't like my shoes? You think I should divorce my husband? SCREW YOU!!! "
BehrFamily Waitress#37 DREAMER ClosetOUTSIDER JBObsessie#10 Bob#8, Cronomaniac
Old 07-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree with you Wingnut, 200% They label this man, and then we poor little broke consumers, buy it hook line and sinker...Well, some of us, cuz I sure as heck don't.

I don't buy into media hype. I don't care. I just wanna go to the movies and ride some fantasy make believe rollercoaster for about 125minutes and then go home and get a goo night's sleep and begin the ho-hum hum-drum of my everyday REAL life all over again the next morning.

It's not even real. And it doesn't even matter. The whole planet is at war. People should find that appalling.

Colin Farell's personal life? 'Not so much....
BehrFamily Waitress#37 DREAMER ClosetOUTSIDER JBObsessie#10 Bob#8, Cronomaniac
Old 08-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

I understand that his personal life seems so.....controversial. But I only care about his performance on screen and I think he's a good actor. There have been a lot of stuff reported about him...I think a lot of them are exaggerated. Even if it's all true, it doesn't really matter that much to me, that's his personal business.