Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

I typed up the US two page spread for a friend of mine, so if anyone is interested, I can post it here as well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Smile:
<STRONG>I typed up the US two page spread for a friend of mine, so if anyone is interested, I can post it here as well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
you have to ask? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

please post it. love to read it!

thanks! *hugs*
Old 01-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

From US Weekly:

Quote:
A CRASH COURSE IN COLIN FARRELL

He's charming, cocky, playful - and he has all of Hollywood buzzing. So just who is this lucky Irishman? US gives you the CliffsNotes on the hot, hot, hot start of The Recruit.

As intoxicating as a bottle of Jack Daniel's, the handsome, dark-haired Irish actor Colin Farrell, 26, keeps it real -- very real. Littering his US interview with the kind of salty language usually associated with The Osbournes, the Dublin resident knows how lucky he is to be doing something he truly loves, especially when it's acting alongside a superstar like Al Pacino in The Recruit, opening January 31: "The first day on the est, I nearly **** myself." Here, more fun Farrell facts:

He's a guy's guy.
His greatest pleasures are getting pissed [British slang for "drunk"] with his family and friends, hooking up with the ladies and partying every day as if it were the start of a new millennium. "Like anyone my age, I like to go out," he tells US. "It's no biggie. You can't just go home and sit on the couch."

This Hollywood bad boy does have his limits.
Recruit costar Bridget Moynahan, 30, was somewhat daunted by Farrell's party-boy rep before filming started, but, she says: "You're working with this wild man, but he's also such a gentleman. He works and plays hard." Still, he wasn't entirely comfortable playing a drunk in a scene. "For somebody who's so good at being ****ing drink, I couldn't believe how ridiculous I was," he says.

Success hasn't really changed him.
Well, except for the fact that he says it's now easier to "score" with women. [But, really, how hard was that anyway?] The formerly married Farrell reveals: "God, I love girls. I'm more interested in playing the field, to be honest." That game may soon get out of hand: Farrell plays the baddie Bullseye in the sure-to-be-a-blockbuster action flick Daredevil, starring Ben Affleck and opening on February 14. Still, says Farrell with a shrug," I've been the next big thing for three ****ing years. You do the work and let the chips fall where they may."

He makes good money and has a good heart.
"I have more money than I ever thought I'd have," says Farrell, who picketed a reported $5 million for The Recruit. "When I figure out what to do, I'll do some good - not through martyrdom or because I want good press." For now, his charity work includes picking up the restaurant tab for his best mates.

There's one person can call Farrell on things.
"I answer to my ****ing mother, you better believe it. My family and friends are my life, and that's the truth."

Colin's the Man!
Good times always follow the charismatic lad - onstage, at premieres and, of course at parties!
Pic 1 - Singing with Hart's War costar Bruce Willis at Las Vegas club Studio 54 last February.
Pic 2 - Hanging with Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg at Minority Report's June premiere.
Pic 3 - Charming supermodel Naomi Campbell at the Toronto film fest in September. Ooh-la-la!

Pic 4 - "There's a misconception that I Think of myself as a bar-brawling bad boy," says Farrell, star of the new action-thriller The Recruit. Hmmm ... wonder why, Colin.

Pic 5 - Not the Marriage Type? In 2001, he divorced actress Amelia Warner after just four months.

Onscreen Antics
Pic 6 - The Recruit [January 31]: He's a CIA newbie under Al Pacino's watch.
Pic 7 - Daredevil [February 14]: As Bullseye, he has a clear aim - evil.
Pic 8 - Phone Booth [upcoming]: Farrell plays a publicist who crosses lines with a mysterious sniper.
Pic 9 - Breakout Role. Minority Report [2002]: Tom Cruise tangles with Farrell's tough-talking government agent.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Banned

very interesting article.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]\

thank you for posting it!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for transcribing/finding that. I was too lazy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 02:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for typing up the article! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Ah, I love that guy! He's so... down to earth. Not to mention damn sexy!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for transcribing that Nichole!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

No problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] A friend of mine asked for it and since it wasn't a long article, I went ahead and typed it for her. There a couple of nice pictures of him, too. Definintely a must add to your CF collection!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ben and Jen are on the cover of the new Tvguide. Here's a snippet from Colin..

Colin Farrell, who plays Bullseye, also worried about coming off like a clown.

"I just tried to run with it and have a laugh doing it, but sometimes I felt ridiculous," he said. "I'd kick a pane of glass and I basically looked like someone having an epileptic fit. You just hope that all the (computer-generated effects) they put in later will make you look cool."
Old 01-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I read that Colin was interviewed in the Feb 10, 2002 issue of USA Weekend. I was thinking of ordering a back issue, but is it worth it? I mean, I don't want it if its just a small little picture that I've seen a hundred times, know what I mean? So - does anyone have any info about this article? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm..USA Weekend? I'll have to check that out and see. I'll let you guys know if it turns out to be anything. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

I've never seen USA weekend. The only time I read USA is when I'm on a plane. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lena, if I read that every time I was on a plane, i'd prolly read it once ever 2 years or something. I haven't stepped on a plane in about 3 years or something! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Sorry about the OT-ness, but yeah, I've only been on a plane once in 3 years also. Went to Tahiti summer of 2001 and man, was that awesome!

So uhm, any magazines with Colin been spotted lately?