Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hephaistion's Death Scene

Sasha
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

hey guys it's stef..when is alexander coming out on dvd??
Old 02-17-2005, 05:11 AM
New Fan

I heard March-- but this 3 page interview with Oliver Stone says he's still working on it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...66,curpg-5.cms

Did anyone hear about the edit they did in India that made it look like the King of India killed Alexander? Weirdness!!

http://www.macdesignpro.com/articles...e.jsp?id=30503
Old 02-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Supreme Fan

What! Really?

I wonder if all this stuff that Oliver left out and edit etc will be put on the DVD. Hope so.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm haven't heard of that edited part but interesting, it would have at least gave a closure as to why Alexander died in the movie.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scare Queen
Hmm haven't heard of that edited part but interesting, it would have at least gave a closure as to why Alexander died in the movie.
Well history says Alexander died of alcohol posioning. Which to be shown in the movie quite clearly. Although, when I hear alcohol poisoning, I think of drinking yourself into a stooper and dying, what the movie made it seem is that Alexander's drink was literally poisoned. But I'm also rubbish when it comes to history.

-Kristin
Old 02-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah though the cause of Alexanders death has veen pretty specualtive cus some said he died from alcohol poisoning, some said from all the stab wounds he got from battles and also talk of how he could have fallen so ill because he was missing Haephaistion so much. Hmm now it would be quite interesting if he somehow died of STDs because of unprotected sex which was never mentioned as part of the specualtion of course.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah though the cause of Alexanders death has veen pretty specualtive cus some said he died from alcohol poisoning, some said from all the stab wounds he got from battles and also talk of how he could have fallen so ill because he was missing Haephaistion so much. Hmm now it would be quite interesting if he somehow died of STDs because of unprotected sex which was never mentioned as part of the specualtion of course.

Hey one can only wonder.

-Kristin
Old 02-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

And Alexander seems to be pretty open to sex like Colin is, haha I guess they really let his true persona shine there but only difference is that Colin practices safe sex whereas there wasn't even condoms back in the day.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And Alexander seems to be pretty open to sex like Colin is, haha I guess they really let his true persona shine there but only difference is that Colin practices safe sex whereas there wasn't even condoms back in the day.
Sex was an odd thing back in those days or at least it sure seems like it was.

-Kristin
Old 02-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty arts

Battle Tactics Scene

Sasha
Old 02-19-2005, 08:47 AM
New Fan

Condoms have been used since before Alexander's time, Scare Queen. They weren't made of latex, but of sheep skin.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I was just about to say that, Wingnut. How werid it that?

Talkin' about Alexander's cause of death, eh? There are sooo many theroies. I watched this thing on the Discovery Channel called 'Who killed Alexander the Great' i'm sure some else has seen it.

They used a detective and gave the theory that Alexander had become ill from overdosing on this root herb stuff they used back then to make people better. But small dose can be harmful and taking more then required causes death in the way Alexander died. They think he was trying to speed up his recovery for his next move into india.

i thought that theroy sounded like a winner, but it doesn't give as much juicy drama if scandal assanations are thrown in.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut13
Condoms have been used since before Alexander's time, Scare Queen. They weren't made of latex, but of sheep skin.
Oh interesting, didn't know that. Hmm I might never look at sheeps or lambs the same way anymore.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid-Angel
I was just about to say that, Wingnut. How werid it that? Talkin' about Alexander's cause of death, eh? There are sooo many theroies. I watched this thing on the Discovery Channel called 'Who killed Alexander the Great' i'm sure some else has seen it.

They used a detective and gave the theory that Alexander had become ill from overdosing on this root herb stuff they used back then to make people better. But small dose can be harmful and taking more then required causes death in the way Alexander died. They think he was trying to speed up his recovery for his next move into india.

i thought that theroy sounded like a winner, but it doesn't give as much juicy drama if scandal assanations are thrown in.
I was just going to say this.
I saw it too. They said Alexander was phyically and emotionally ill, from battle and Haephastion's death, and they were trying to speed up his recovery by giving him too much of this "medication" (I don't remember what it was exactly) and it ended up killing him. It did sound like a pretty good theory, but I guess we'll never really know.

Icon by Elya