Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think her illness excused some of her actions, yes. thats why I understood it that she gave Lucas to Pete, that was a good decision in my opinion

but the point is that Pete still thought they were together when eh talked to the captain and Violet didnt even think of it. Yes she has PTSD (although did they ever officially mention that on teh show, I mean its logical that she has it but did they mention it). I know that.. but I dont think that she cant make a decision who she sleeps with. and seh slept with a total.. well almost a total stranger while the father of their child still thought that they had something. she didnt even think of Pete.

I excused a lot of her actions because of what she has been through, but not this. And I think with that action she hurt Pete so much that I personally think that he deserves someone better.. someone who cares about him.

the real bad thing is .. that from the talk with Addison, it looked like she didnt even want Pete to know about her sleeping wiht the captain, so.. she hurt pete by cheating on him.. and not being "man" enough to actually tell him. she didnt even want him to know.

Ash - I liked that too. it was time that he told her off, she needed to know that she hurt him with that because I am not sure if she really cared for that.. at least she didnt seem like it. You know fully well that I gave up on an Addison and Pete pairing so I dont have someone to ship PEte wiht and honestly I just want him happy.. so whoever does that ... its fine for me. I just dont want him wiht someone who hurts him, ill or not.. and like I said.. her illness can excuse some things.. but not all of them

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! I'm sorry but not everything she does can be excused because of what she's been through IMO. She's just not good for him or anyone at this point.

And yes it was way past time lol. It really didn't seem like she cared and I'm sure that's was part of what pushed him to the point of not caring either. Because really what's the point of caring for someone who doesn't care back? I would like to see him happy too and that clearly isn't happening with Violet.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

I just maintain all I've said

Well but yes you gotta a point in there; Pete deserves to be with whoever worthy of him and makes him happy, I have said that I add..... "in the long term" haha, it might not be Violet, she is causing him lots of pain I know, but this is temporary. I still wanna see what's next for this couple
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ash - yes I think so too. I agree with that,. and I dont know what would be the point. its really pointless if you ask me

a question.. would you girls also still ship them if Violet was still doing all those things but not being ill and and the katie thing never happened?

Pete and Vi were cute in the season 2 finale, i just cant see them anymore now

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz - I"m glad you agree It would be pointless and Pete deserves better then that. I don't think anyone deserves to be treated that way. She's ignored and hurt him too many times.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
a question.. would you girls also still ship them if Violet was still doing all those things but not being ill and and the katie thing never happened?
If she had done all those things without Katie and the PTSD I would defy Shonda's reality and create my own, like I did with Gilmore Girls mid season 6 and Stargate Atlantis mid season 5. The way Shonda are doing it right now, things are bad, but at the same time I can understand where she is going with it. There might come a time down the road where I say "enough of this, Shonda", and I really thought ep 9 would be that time, but when I saw the scene I rather went "hm, okay"

My intention here is not to say that Violet's actions are okay from every perspective, it is not a good thing that Pete got hurt, but I won't condemn her for actions that I on some level can understand.

Here is how I see things:
Pete was the one who left first (I understand his reasons, and I don't fault him for it, but he still left her). How was she supposed to interpret that? Especially with her mind affected by the PTSD. I have occasionary depressions myself when when I am *in* that place I interpret every single word and action from the people around me negatively. When I am in that rut I am convinced that even my best friend hates me (and we are freakishly close, like sisters). I don't even want to imagine where Violet's mind is at.

Not very long afterwards he started working downstairs (again, for understandable reasons), something that clearly upset her. So from where I stand, in her mind Pete had called it quits first.

I am not looking to villainize Pete, cause that is not how I feel at all. He had reasons to do what he did, and they were honorable, but that doesn't mean Violet doesn't have reasons for what she does.

I'm getting a bit tired of some of this constant damnation of Violet, when there are highly beloved male characters in Shondaland that have done worse. I wonder if for instance Mark Sloan (just to pick a relatively easy example) had been a woman, if he then would've had the same following. Me thinks a female version of Mark would've gotten the ****-stamp pretty much instantly. (side-note: I like Mark, but he does have a much, much longer list of sins than Violet, and no real reason for them, either)
Old 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
New Fan

Well, he may have left her, but he made it clear to her that the reasons for him doing so were for her. And judging by the "come back to me" discussion they had in "Strange Bedfellows" she was aware that he still wanted her in his life.

For me, it was not that she made a mistake. That was way wrong, but adultery and inappropriate sexual relationships are nothing new on Shonda's shows. It was the fact that she was too selfish to care when both Addison and Pete came to her visibly upset. What on earth would possess her to tell Pete that having sex with another man was "wonderful"? Shonda couldn't have made her more unlikable in that episode if she tried. Then, she tried to make it Addison's fault for telling him. She desperately needs some professional help. Yes, she went through something unimaginable, but that does not give her free reign to hurt people and not care as long as she herself is satisfied. Both Pete and Addison showed A LOT of restraint with her. I also agree that this particular incident can't blamed on just PTSD. She slept with both Pete and Sheldon without either men knowing upfront and she didn't care. She shut both men out of her pregnancy and didn't care that one of those men would get attached and likely be heartbroken in the end. It wound up being stupid Sheldon that got hurt, but still. She has behaved selfishly and disregarded Pete's feelings before any of this stuff with Katie happened.

I've shipped these two since they first hooked up last season and continued to ship them through the dreadful "who's the baby-daddy storyline" but I'm at the point where there just isn't anything to root for with them. Pete has shaped up to be a good guy and he does deserve better. I'm still open to them being together on down-the-line, but only after she has pulled herself together, and only if she starts to take his feelings into consideration. Right now, I think he deserves peace whether that be with another woman or just him and his son.

Last edited by GreysFan85; 12-08-2009 at 07:43 PM
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Ignoring for a moment the never-ending discussion to mention that someone made a new V/P vid on youtube.

Not Brave

Does anyone here know who the singer is?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also want them still together. First of all they have a son together and I think they at least owe their kid to maybe make a clean cut and start again..

On the other hand.. I don't think Violet cheated on him, because they definitely weren't together anymore. I mean Pete went to go "hunting girls". In the end he left the woman to Shelodn, but still he went, so he couldn't beleive they were still together..

And I think it's totally right, that the captain just saw her as a woman. And that helped her a lot. The others only saw her as a victim. and the handled her like porcelain. and maybe Violet can tell Pete this. and I don't think they as a couple can be possible soon, but maybe at he end of the season or nect one.
First I think they should become friends again and specially they should talk.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I also want them still together. First of all they have a son together and I think they at least owe their kid to maybe make a clean cut and start again..
The kid should not be the only reasons. I have a close friend who at the age of nine was happy when her parents finally decided to split. If the kid had been the only reason, then I'd say it's a better idea for them to be friends and work together on raising Lucas, but I don't believe Lucas to be the only reason. I believe that they do love each other, and that, for me, is reason enough to work on finding their way back together.

Quote:
On the other hand.. I don't think Violet cheated on him, because they definitely weren't together anymore. I mean Pete went to go "hunting girls". In the end he left the woman to Shelodn, but still he went, so he couldn't beleive they were still together..
One of the things I didn't mention, but I wholeheartedly agree there. Pete went out to meet women, and even though he did realize that he still loves Violet that does mean that at some point he didn't consider them together. And as I pointed out above, Violet was left by him twice, first at home, then at the office, so in her mind, they couldn't have been together either.

Quote:
And I think it's totally right, that the captain just saw her as a woman. And that helped her a lot. The others only saw her as a victim. and the handled her like porcelain. and maybe Violet can tell Pete this. and I don't think they as a couple can be possible soon, but maybe at he end of the season or nect one.
First I think they should become friends again and specially they should talk.
ITA here. They need to talk things out, and I think that they can work through it. Gain perspective on the other's situation, rekindle their friendship and find their way back to one another romanticly as well.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
The kid should not be the only reasons. I have a close friend who at the age of nine was happy when her parents finally decided to split. If the kid had been the only reason, then I'd say it's a better idea for them to be friends and work together on raising Lucas, but I don't believe Lucas to be the only reason. I believe that they do love each other, and that, for me, is reason enough to work on finding their way back together.
Okay I think that got out wrong.. I don't want them to try only because of Lucas. My parents ar divorced too.. I was six. I'm still kinda sad, but I don't want that they would have stayed together just because of their kids. But I mean they loved each other when the Katie thing happened and they were really happy. so I think they also own it to themselves, because they shouldn't let Katie also take their chande to be happy together..

and yep.. they really need to talk.. A LOT!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

hmm I dont think the point is in who left who, seriously. the point is that when you are togegther.. you stay together through the good AND the bad.

They got together because Violet was horny, and continued to sleep with each other, and in the same time Violet slept with another men. then she got pregnant and all the who is the daddy drama began in which she didnt care much about who she hurt and how it was making the guys feel.

then after that.. Pete opened up to her and told her about his feelings... Violet didnt want it.. and only when pete started to go out and she saw that.. she got jealous and suddenly wanted him for her own.

then they had a few cute scenes in the season 2 finale and then boom.

he left her.. she left him, what does it matter really? if they were teh good couple and parents you want them to be and are shipping.. they should have stayed together and faced t ragedy together. pete should have helped her through the thing with katie and lucas, and Violet should let him help her. (yes I know she is sick and cant control who and what she lets into her life but still, if she can sleep with another guy,.. she can also say yes to the men she supposedly loves)

they didnt do either of that

I really dont mean to offend anyone and I know what it is like to ship a certain couple and just ... WANT them together so badly. I just say Brucas in one three hill.. but gosh.. sometimes you just have to let it go and say at least that for now.. they are better of without each other, and honestly.. even if they would make a clean cut... I would still dont like them together because Violet wasnt even SORRY for what she did. if seh would have at least showed remorse.. if she would have at least showed that she still cared A LITTLE bit about going back together.. then I would gladly say "yes.. you guys have been right.. adn those two belong together" I dont ship either of those with someone else at the moment so I could do that.. I just .. cant see it. Violet is messed up and i cant stand her and her behavour.. and also pete .. as good intentions as he had.. wasnt with her through it all.. so... yeah..

end of rant

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. I think that all is a very difficult situation.. and I can accept that you can't see them together.. but I still can.. so I hope you can accept that too.. that's the thing with peole being different.. so they see things differently.. I for the matter so wanted to see Pete and Addie together.. and that I can't see anymore.. so I let them go.. I know hoe to let it go.. but with these two it's just different for me. I really can udnerstand some things you say,but in my opinion they are not as bad as you think, but everyone thinks differently..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't have a problem with being the minority of still liking Violet and seeing her point of view, and still wanting Violet and Pete together. But it is getting really upsetting for me to not be able to go anywhere without being bombarded with negativity towards my girl and my ship. Even in their own threads they are not safe from it. There is no safe haven.

I don't want to shut people up, and originally I wasn't gonna delve much into the 'why' in my not hating Violet atm, because I know people here are upset, but I just got tired of no one speaking her side in it, so I just had to say something. Sorry if my opinions upset anyone here.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

wow, you guys been busy round here yesterday eh?
I love most of your points smeagol and Holly I am by your side in almost everything, couldn’t really express myself better than you do...
ok about the cheating issue.... there is the one thing I didn't mention before, just because I seem to have taken for granted that I think like this: were in fact Violet and Pete together when he looks for birds with Sheldon or later on when she slept with the captain? To me, they had been apart since before that, actually I don't consider they do have been together after the... ripping out thing.
They "were" because she chose him and went to live together but to me, they weren't really together. And if they were, it lasted very little. Even before she "gave" Lucas to him, they weren't being together. Loving each other? YES. Wanting to be ok and over the trauma? YES. But together? NOT in the very meaning of it.... it takes more than living physically under the same roof, or havin decided that you're in a relationship, to be together. It takes more than that

IMO, and I thoroughly mean it, their relationship ain't over because it has not quite started yet!! They do not have had the real chance to try and make it work out. The ripping out broke the natural rhythm of things.

So, since they "were" not together, there is no cheating. And even if there's been cheating so what, it's been ONCE. And circumstances are very special ones, can’t take the same way as would take it in a routine peaceful period of your life. And as Amy sais, it ain’t all black or white.
Everybody makes mistakes or just actions that are result of an unstable or depressed or traumatised temporary state of mind! So what, Violet did. It's no big deal, she didn't that wrong. She was raped years ago, she was ripped her baby out of her body, I don't dare to judge her because I can't possibly know what having suffered BOTH experiences means, but I do know, I still accept her actions, I like her, I defend her and I believe she is in her way struggling as best as she can in her situation.

Could do better, could do worse.

The same goes for Pete, he's had his trauma too although in a different level, and he tried to help her and be strong, he tried but hey, he is human, he looked for girls in a bar, he stepped away from Violet instead of trying harder how to help her or to understand her, he moved to another floor. He dropped out. Wittdraw. And I understand. And it’s ok. He was in a difficult position, did his best, suffered, and yet taking care of Lucas come what may.

I worship both, with their mistakes and weaknesses, and still their time has to come, when they're ready to give themselves the real chance, the one that counts, then I will be able to talk about cheating, failure and so on.... But till then, yes I still ship them

Wow. It took so long!!!

Last edited by iKi; 12-10-2009 at 04:42 AM