Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

PrP Episode Discussion Thread - 4.04 - A better place to be

A Better Place to Be
TV-14 S

Emotions are stirred up at the practice when Dell's daughter arrives; a pregnant woman experiences chronic pain.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

has anybody seen the episode? i cant believe what they did with Betsy, at least one of them should adopt that sweet kid!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I just saw the eppie, and I'm de-lurking to write that I was incredibly disappointed in all the characters tonight. One of them should definitely taken custody of her. Dell was part of their family! And as Sam said he died basically taking care of his kid and he couldn't stand up to take care of Betsy, shame. :no no: And why the hell wasn't Naomi called, she may have wanted to stand up for Dell's daughter. Honestly, sometimes the collective immaturity of PrP's characters astounds/frustrates the hell out of me!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm upset about that ending. Dell would have stepped up for any of them, but no one stepped up for Betsy, not even when Violet pleaded them to. And she had to break the news to poor Betsy Everyone's dilemma seemed to mainly be about whether or not they wanted Betsy, and not so much about giving the poor girl a break. I felt Violet was the only one who really spoke for Betsy.

I know I am a ViP fan, so naturally I tend to favor those scenes over the other ones, but I really felt the most compelling part of the episode was the Betsy storyline. Panic moment aside, that family morning scene was adorable and I absolutely loved the soda-spilling scene in the kitchen. That end scene where Violet had to break to Betsy that she couldn't take her was heartbreaking and I felt that last line "We did a bad thing, today" was very fitting.

The medical cases were okay. I loved the talk between the guy and Pete, the parallells that were drawn between what he was going through and Pete thinking about what he himself went through.

I don't know what to think about the bullying case. I felt like the kid was really jumping from reaction to reaction. From faking illness, to bringing a knife to school and attempting suicide in the matter of days? Something just didn't make sense to me.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojojo123 (View Post)
has anybody seen the episode? i cant believe what they did with Betsy, at least one of them should adopt that sweet kid!!!

That was quite painful to watch, Dell must be spinning in his grave.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

what an awful episode... Violet was the only one watchable... what the hell is wrong with the writing for the rest of the characters I expected more from Addison AND sam .. and addisam is another sinking pairing for Addison in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

That ending was heartbreaking, but amazing. I can't believe Violet was the only one who wanted to adopt her (but couldn't because of Pete). Amy Brenneman was outstanding in this episode.

"We did a bad thing here, You all know it.. we did a bad thing"
Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leneoth (View Post)
That ending was heartbreaking, but amazing. I can't believe Violet was the only one who wanted to adopt her (but couldn't because of Pete). Amy Brenneman was outstanding in this episode.

"We did a bad thing here, You all know it.. we did a bad thing"
Word! She was the BEST thing in the episode!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

And why in TH wasn't Naomi called and told about this?

Dell and Betsey lived with her a for while, so I'm sure she had bonded with the child on some level. She annoys me at times, but i think Naomi would've been willing to take her.

Really not liking Pete these days, even less now after last night's eppy.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on Sam, with his MILK DUD HEAD.

SMDH...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Absolute Fan

I wonder that, too... why was Naomi left out of this decision? She would have stepped up, I'm sure of it. Even with everything on her plate, she would step up.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully it will be mentioned on the show if she knows about what went down. And if she would have taken Betsy in or not.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

This was really sad. Poor Betsy, i think her father must be spinning in the grave.

All characters were so selfish in this episode. Well, not all of them, there was one person who showed real interest in Betsy and that was Violet. It was clear, she was the only one who genuinely wanted to help her. The biggest disapointment for me was Pete. And Pete and Violet was the only couple that could have taken her, they are married and most stable couple here. But his selfishness won. And the last scene where Violet asked the others if they could took her was siply sad and heartbreaking. Poor Violet even had to tell that bad news to Betsy. Horrible! (but great acting by Amy)

But i think this storyline is not over, i have a feeling we will see Betsy again, or at least hear of her. The last Violet's sentence how they did bad thing makes believe in this.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

i was very disappointet in this episode and if shonda doesnt do anything to make that show more likable I will be done watching it pretty soon.

I cant believe she ALWAYS gives Addison something bad. I mean if she would have still been alone she would have probably taken Betsy in. and I hate to say it but I think Sam was a bad influence this time. I mean I understood the reasoning that sam told her she shouldnt take her because it would be hard to let go but... maybe she wouldnt have had to let go. I mean who would have taken Betsy from her once she legally adopted her? She could have finally fullfilled her wish of a child and even if she says she doesnt know if she wants one... we all know that she does. And of course shonda is throwing the obstacle at her and makes Sam not wanting one.

I liked the scene with violet and betsy in the kitchen but i am also glad that she didnt take betsy because i dont think she is ready. She might be fine but she is not ready for that

still i am disappointed that really no one took her. I mean really... they are all so damn selfish and idiots. This child thinks of them as a family and no one cared for that kid. well maybe cared but they actually thiought that it was better to send her away,. I am not saying that anotehr family wouldnt be a great family or that she will not be sent into a good place but really.. they should have offered.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Regardless if you think Violet was ready for it or not, was putting her in the system actually a better option in your mind? I mean, I know Violet's not the most popular character on this board (understatement of the year...), but is a life of her being shipped between foster parents and group homes better than being adopted by Violet and Pete?
Old 10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

I am disappointed that no one else stepped up. I think that charlotte and cooper should have take n her in, or that Sam and Addison (or just Addison if Sam is being a jerk) should have offered. Even Naomi should have been called but I guess that its a bit to hard to always fly from NY to LA for audra so they kind of cut her out for some episodes so they couldnt really fit her into the storyline if she isnt even around which is sad because I am sure Naomi would have taken her.. even with Maya and the new baby (although maybe they use that as why naomi would have said no, I dont know)

LEVERAGE campaign