Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

PrP Episode Discussion - 3.09 and 3.10 - The big 2 hour event

The Parent Trap

Addison must perform a complex in-utero surgery; Naomi and Sam discover their daughter is growing up too fast.

Blowups

An explosion at Dell's house sends Heather and Betsey to the hospital; a shocking family secret is revealed when Addison's mother visits

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 12-02-2009 at 05:08 AM
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Thanx for the new threat!! One question, if the title includes both episodes, 9 & 10, shouldn't also be the summary for the 10th ("Blowups"), since they'll be aired on the same day? or what, I don't know, and will both episodes be discussed here, or in 2 separate threats?
Thanx in advance!!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

it was only because I didnt find the blow up description! found it now and I have edited it in

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

okey I wasn't complaining at all just wondering how you guys use to deal with a double airing and the title and initial post was confusing to me
Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, a lot happened in this episode.

Poor Addie, Her family is so screwed up. Violet and her father sleeping together was weird... Violet is still so messed up. Addison's mother being a lesbian was a surprise. The relationship that is building with Sam and Addison is interesting, but I'm still hoping for Pete and Addison.

It was sad when Heather died, even though it was her fault. It's going to be hard on Dell and Betsy.

Can't wait for the crossover! It looks like it will be good.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Addison/Sam again It needs to actually happen though, I mean if the Pete thing is DOA, it's like... let's move on then. Yeah? Plus Naomi's on her own "I don't want to know what is going on in my daughter's life" bubble. I mean, her major meltdown, I hate to say, was hilarious. They were trying too hard to make her come off as tough or threatening. I felt. Mya was stupid to use Sam's house as a party pad and think it would be cool, cause he's the cool parent. Girl has issues.

Addie's mom reveal that she's a lesbian. Nice. I predicted it when "Susan" arrived, but it was played out well...and justified her father's actions. Nice going, Shonda!

Cooper/Charlotte - I'm annoyed with the back/forth fighting. I am liking Cooper less this season, and dare I say it, I want Charlotte's ex-husband to come back (if he's alive) and sweep her away, because Cooper needs to stop making this relationship so complicated. I'm rooting less for them, sadly.

Oh, Violet. Not a good idea. So lame. I get why, and I get how it was ok, in the grand scheme of things, but still... just don't. Hard to trust her now. A shame.

Second part blew first part out of the water. Like, no joke.

Dell telling Heather "I hope you die" - Whoa! That was just... outlandish. But such a hard story to follow, as I was crying through most of it. OMG. It was intense. And how Pete tried to get Betsy to see her Mom, and Dell took her away. And then, OMG... Her thinking Pete was Dell, apologizing to him. I was like, dead, after that.

Ok, so Sam's a stand-up guy and didn't take advantage of Addison when she was in a bad emotional state, but otherwise... I think he was game. Love how much of a friend he was to her, though. That was fantastic to watch. And how amazing was KW in this episode, in the Yale sweatshirt, jeans, flip flops. Her scene with Sheldon in the elevator where he said she's taller Awkward.

First Part = Ok... 2nd Part, awesome!'

Crossover looks interesting. Glad to see they are involving more of the cast this time around. I'd love to see Charlotte mingle with the SGH crew.

kenny | credit
Old 12-04-2009, 06:09 AM
New Fan

I actually would like the Addison/Sam pairing, but only if Naomi was out of the picture. I liked that Sam stopped the kiss and didn't take advantage when she was vulnerable. Personally imo, even if it was another guy, Addison would have kissed him as well, because it was a matter of her not wanting to be alone.

I may be in the minority on this, but I thought that Addison's mom being a lesbian was such a replay of the episode in season 2 where the guy found out his mom who was a patient of Sam and Violet's was a lesbian. Except in this, it had more depth and it affected Addison's childhood and how she turned out the way she is. The actress playing Addison's mom is awesome though. Very good casting choice.

Did anyone else LOL-ed when Sam gasped at Maya's "because you don't have a boyfriend" comment to Naomi? LOL, that was funny.

Okay what else. Dell shocked me when he told Heather she should die a slow painful and agonizing death. But I can understand why he did that; how can a mother put her child at risk by cooking meth when the child is within close proximity?! Poor Betsy. I also felt Pete shouldn't have taken the initiative to take Betsy to see Heather for the last time. Suggesting it to Dell is one thing, but taking Betsy on his own accord was none of his business, imo.

Cooper was an ass, again. When will they reconcile? Geez, I don't get why they are dragging it out.

And Violet, I'm so over her. I can't get over how selfish she is. I loved that Charlotte called her out; that she is essentially committing adultery with her friend's father.

Wow, long post. :p
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Loyal Fan

pretty depresive episodes

i liked sam and addison, but naomi was really annoying this episode.

Violet is adulteress.....i don't care anymore about her...

Coop/Charlotte - i kinda expected that they will drag this out for several episodes...Shonda just can't write happy couples....she doesn't know how to write it so we have to accept it.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay here it comes

first of all I have to say that I loved both episodes (altlough I am glad that I have a fast forward button and didnt forget to take a bucket to bed with me)

Sam / Addison - hmm thought that was over but seriously.. that kiss didnt really mean a lot, I mean if Pete would have been there she would have probably kissed him instead of Sam, she was alone, her mind was clouded and she just needed to feel something else than pain. Still.. we will see where Shonda is going with this

Jo Beth Williams is a brilliant actress, I already love her from other movies or tv shows and I think that she was a prilliant cast as Addisons mother (altough I always wanted to see either Kelly Bishop or Julie Andrews)

That she is a lesbian.. I called that about two weeks ago actually, and won myself some sweets with the bet I had so it ddint really surprise me.

Kate Walshs acting was brilliant and I really hope she gets noticed for it because otherwise it would be a real shame. I loved to see her vulnerable again because it was really understandable. I also loved how she talked to Violet and called her on her crap and I loved teh talk she had with her parents. Altough ... she was just started to sort the mess she was in out.. and now.. she has a lot more to sort out.. poor Addie.

Violet - if I didnt like her after all the sleeping around she did in season 2 and the giving up her son in the beginning of season 3.. then I lost all the rest of respect I had for her when she slept with Addisons father and didnt even feel any remorse over it. She only thinks about herself and how it made her feel better.. sure thats great for her.. but gosh woman.. can you start to think about anyone else besides yourself??!! she is such a egoistical person and sorry to say that... but ... I dont want to see her with anyone of that show because all the guys on the show are far too good for her! And then she called Addison on telling Pete? is she freaking serious? SHE slept with ADdisons father and is mad about Addison actually telling pete? soooo low of her.

The Dell storyline was okay but it didnt reach me that much, it was sad to see heather die and I think the scene where dell told her that he wanted her to die was a little much.

Maya - she did grow up a lot .. wow.. we havent seen that girl in awhile.. but making a party.. seriously? that was so dumb,

All in all I hope to see more brilliant Kate Walsh acting because once again seh rocked the episode and made it worth watching

and the promo for the crossover? hmm I expected more

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Kate Walsh and JoBeth William were amazing. My heart broke for Addison the whole episode.

Violet you are dead to me. She is so cruel, heartless, and selfish.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The episodes were great and I loved to see so much of Addison in them (lol yeah and I actually pressed the FF button on the remote while watching certain scenes and yelled "Why can't you fast forward live tv?")

Sam/Addison - I thought that was over too but well like you said, it was an act of needing comfort and distraction on her part so it didn't really mean anything.

You are good, I wouldn't have come up with that on my own that Addison's mother would turn out to be a lesbian. And yes the actress did a great job playing that role.

I loved Addison's scenes and it was awesome when she went to Violet and told her off because that SO needed to happen. And thank you because I was thinking the same thing. When she yelled at Addison for telling Pete I yelled at the tv lol. I mean really, she is the one who slept with her dad, she has no reason to go there. If she didn't want Pete to know, she shouldn't have done it!

Addison really does have a lot more to deal with now then she did before and it's sad that now she has issues or well more issues with BOTH of her parents for cheating. In the last scene it seemed like she was trying to make peace with her mother but I'm sure it takes a lot more then that to really be okay with it or accept it.

Violet - UGH. It's just.....I can't even say how mad she made me in this episode. And I already didn't like her any more as a character but this just really pushed me over the edge with her. Not only did she KNOW it was Addison's father before she slept with him (a man she just met) but she didn't even feel bad about doing it and was all happy about it, right to Addison's face. How messed up is it to sleep with your co-worker's dad and then tell her to her face that it was wonderful? Ewwww. That's just wrong. And giving parenting advice? Really?. I just couldn't stand her in this episode. And I don't want to see her with any of the guys either and I was glad when Pete finally told her that he doesn't care anymore.

The Dell storyline was sad and well I think that Dell didn't mean it when he told Heather to die. He was really angry that she put their daughter in that kind of danger and that she lied to him about using drugs again. But then at the end he went to see her, but it was too late. Personally I wouldn't say something like that to someone who was dying though.

Maya - I really don't like this girl anymore. She skips school and lies to her mother, then does the same with her father? That's pretty dumb.

Kate did an excellent job with the storylines and I'm glad we got to see that

Yes I thought we were going to get more then that. I'm hoping that they just didn't show those parts yet.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally finished the whole episode. And my god is Addison's family screwed up or what?! I completely understand why she was mad at her Mother... And i get why her mother never left her father. But I'm more on Addi's side, she lost the chance to have a relationship with her father cause she was so mad at him.

I loved seeing more of Kate, it's always great when they give her the chance to really act. I'm liking the Sam/Addison relationship, but i really don't want it to go any further, lets not make her the bad guy again!!

Violet, Violet, Violet. Why is Shonda turning you into this person. Whether or not the Captain made you feel normal again doesn't matter you betrayed your friend/family knowing how Addison felt. And then when she told Charlotte i get that she didn't mean to, but what did she really expect Charlotte to do.

Cooper needs a smack in the face! He used to be one of my favorites but now i see his face and i want to hurt him. Charlotte deserves better. She didn't lie he never asked her flat out if she was married, she just implied that she wasn't... there's a difference. How many times did you let her believe you had money!

I really felt for Dell, but i don't really care for his story lines. And pete just annoys me to much, not everything is about you and Violet!! Man up!!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddisonLove (View Post)
The episodes were great and I loved to see so much of Addison in them (lol yeah and I actually pressed the FF button on the remote while watching certain scenes and yelled "Why can't you fast forward live tv?")

Violet - UGH. It's just.....I can't even say how mad she made me in this episode. And I already didn't like her any more as a character but this just really pushed me over the edge with her. Not only did she KNOW it was Addison's father before she slept with him (a man she just met) but she didn't even feel bad about doing it and was all happy about it, right to Addison's face. How messed up is it to sleep with your co-worker's dad and then tell her to her face that it was wonderful? Ewwww. That's just wrong. And giving parenting advice? Really?. I just couldn't stand her in this episode. And I don't want to see her with any of the guys either and I was glad when Pete finally told her that he doesn't care anymore.

THIS. IKR? Pete said it in season 2 that Violet was all for herself, and his words was echoed in Violet's actions. So true. Guess some people never change.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, big ol' fail for Violet. Not surprising, she's been a bit off this season. For good reason. Traumas change people. It was a bit low, I'll be honest. I knew they'd clarify that Addy's dad wasn't cheating on the mother, because the mother is gay. I mean, it was like, and there is the reason why this is...okay. Um, ok?

kenny | credit
Old 12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Supreme Fan

No it is not ok. Addison's mother being gay does not excuse Violet's actions. Her attack does not excuse Violet's actions. Violet didn't and still doesn't know that Addison's mother is gay. So to her, she was sleeping with a married man. To top it all off, she was sleeping with her friend's married father. Violet didn't care. She didn't care Addison's feelings. She rubbed it in Addison's face.

If I was Addison, I would have been the crap out of her worthless self.

Nope Violet's actions are not because of the attack. Violet has always been this way. She didn't care about sleeping with two men at the same time. She didn't care hurting Cooper/Char relationship when Cooper moved in. She didn't care about Sheldon and Pete's feelings with the "who's the daddy" stuff. Violet ONLY cares about Violet. Way it has always been. As long as, Poor Wittle Violet feels good that is all that matters to her.

All JMO.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)