Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

PrP Episode Discussion - 3.01 - A death in the family

A Death in the Family

Addison and Naomi fight to save Violet's life after a violent attack leaves her severely injured and her baby missing

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Supreme Fan

I had low expectations, but I loved it! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

The flashbacks were well done. The wigs were hilarious though. I always wanted to know how the practice came about and how they met, now I know more. It was nice to get more of Pete's backstory. I understand him a little bit more now.

Addison rocking the OR were my favorite parts. I love seeing her kicking ass and taking names. The Addie/Naomi scene has to be my favorite scene ever on PrP. Kate Walsh was amazing as well as Audra. I love how Naomi held her hand at the end. Their friendship is my favorite part of this show.

I kinda love Sheldon for the little bit of humor he provided.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Addicted Fan

The episode ended over 3 hours ago in some places and 37 mins ago in others and only one post?

Sheesh I may just lurk on this board, but where's the love?

The episode was awesome I cried like a baby almost the entire ep. I love Amy so much and I was scared to death that something was gonna happen
Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

AMAZING episode. Addison KICKED ASS!!!
The flashbacks were good too.

Poor Violet. And OMG, Katie bringing the baby to the hospital pretending like nothing had happend. Psycho, indeed.

The ending was so sad, and so beautiful. Them crying when Violet woke up and got to see her baby boy.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

I'm loving this show more and more, if someone had told me when it first started I'd still be watching this and long given up on Grey's I wouldn't have believed them.

I figured out it was the funeral for Pete's wife when they did the first flashback of him visiting the practice to speak to Violet about the death, was worried for the first few minutes though and thinking "are they really killing her off!?".

Naomi's flashback hair provided some comic relief

Awesome seeing Addison the skilled surgeon, never seemed to see enough of that side of her on GA. Also the scene near the end with Naomi and Addison was brilliant, I think they needed to have that confrontation/discussion to sort out their friendship.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am still in awe. I woke up early to come online and watch the episode. I was lurking around the spoilers board earlier this week, so I didn't have low expectations at all. I was excited to see Addie back kicking ass and taking names. I loved all of her scenes and how we got some more insight. Favourite part is when she's standing outside Violet's room with Nae and telling her how she screwed up every relationship and surgery was after all the only thing she was good at. So, so much love for any Kate/Audra scene!! They play best friends so well!

The flashbacks fit very well and I also loved the subtle Cooper/Violet friendship SL. "You love her, but I know her." Their friendship is so honest and intense.

I've been waiting for months and months to see the old Grey's Dr. Addison Montgomery again. I wasn't disappointed. At all.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved this episode, I didn't see the finale and I didn't know what happened but man that bitch was crazy, she even looked phycho.

Poor Violet, i'm glad she's alive cause she's my favorite character in this show and I don't want her to die. The ending scene was just so sweet but so sad at the same time. The baby is cute!

I'm starting to be a big supporter of Violet & Pete I think they are great as a couple. I hope they can stay together.

And Addison, she did kick major butt in the OR and saved both Violet and the baby. She really is the best surgeon on tv.

Good episode, I also liked the flashbacks i'm looking foward to next weeks episode.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loved this episode.

Glad both Violet and the baby are okay.

Addie was so freaking awesome in this episode. The scene with Naomi had me teary. So good!

Can't wait for next week's episode
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Addison was pretty much just plan awesome in this episode. And thats why she's the best neo-natal surgeon in the world.

I'm probably on my own in this but i wanted more charlotte!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
New Fan

So I'm a long time Grey's Anatomy fan, last night was my first time watching PrP and I loved it. I don't know why I waited so long to get into this show! It's great to see Addison running the show in PrP unlike GA when she had to play second fiddle to some of the other doctors. I'm going to have to rent the first two seasons to catch up! And hey, if you guys ever miss PrP check out Last Night on TV on MSN. I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach
Old 10-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay here is my review. it might be a little long so my apologizes in advance

The flashbacks were very well done, I loved how they switched forth and back between the scenes and the scenes really got to me and it was good to see how they all met and how pete started working in the practice and how it was opened and all.

Addison freaking rocked my socks and I loved her scenes altough I still wished there would have been more but it was so good to see Addison back in the OR and she really is a great surgeon, She saved both of their lives and she freaking kicked ASS-

I also knew that Cooper would kinf of blame himself, that was expected but I am glad that Charlotte told him that it wasnt his fault. I expect to see more with the two of them.

I love how Naomi took Addisons hand and the speech Addie gave her was awesome and I think it was the best scene in the whole episode..

but now comes the one thing I REALLY hated!!!

And that is that apparently Shonda Rhimes doesnt remember what she wrote in her own shows.

Someone remembers how Pete told Addison in the first season that he and his wife never had a perfect night and that nothing was ever perfect? Someone remembers how Violet came up to her and told her that this was the MOST that he had ever told ANYONE (including her!!!!!!) and that she thought that it was special that he told Addison that and opened up to her?? Yeah.. so it freaking made no sense that suddenly in the flashback Pete tells Violet so much about Anna and how they fought and how he called her a bitch and on and on. It makes Petes and Addies moments in the first season seem so trivial right now and I know that all the pete and Violet fans loved it but shonda should remember what she writes because this wasnt the first time that she suddenly screwed things over. Season 2 of Greys Derek tells Addison that no matter what she would get his mum, she would love because she loves Addison and then suddenly in season 5 she was hated my dereks mum.. yeah.. right. Another moment. but oh well I guess with new couples there suddenly comes a new past. Oy

okay that needed to be said. Apart from that I am more than excited about the new season and cant wait to see more

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

He confided in Violet because she was his therapist though. So I don't think that's the same.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I totally noticed that too, Suz. I do love Pete/Violet but I don't like that they rewrote history for them.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was going to drop PP but the season return was one of the best I've seen, better than the GA return IMO.

Was anyone else 'tricked' by the opening only to see it was Pete's wife from several years before who had died, I thought (like most) it must have been Violet.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Once I'd seen Naomi's hair at the funeral I immediately knew it had to be Pete's wife's funeral.

I loved the season premiere! They were all great. Cooper hurting showed how much he cares for Violet. I missed him in her room when she woke up but it made sense that he couldn't be there.

I agree - there wasn't enough Charlotte!

I loved the ending when Pete brought the baby to Violet. I so hope he'll be the father.