Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

PrP Episode Discussion -2.18

Finishing

Addison flirts with a new love interest who turns out to be more than she bargained for.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally a new episode. I'm starved

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah teh withdrawl symptoms were bad

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 AM
New Fan

I thought this ep was ok- I neither loved it or hated it- I think it was just one of those eps you'll probably forget about and was used as more of a filler.

I still think the Violet baby storyline is not going to end well. Firstly they made a point of mentioning the amniotic fluid check with Noah's wife- as a means for checking for genetic disorders when they didn't really need to mention it which makes me think and Violet keeps refusing an amniotic fluid test that perhaps the baby will have a genetic problem that would have been detected- knowing the show it'll probably be detected just before the legal abortion age limit (in England its 24 weeks- I don't know what is it is the USA) and bam you've got yourself a HUGE ethical dilemma- the type the show really loves. Also has Addison ultrasounded the baby yet? Because both times it was Dell and that could also be a lead to a storyline- that he didn't spot something major and then beats himself up about it etc etc... I just don't think the baby will go to term as it would make everything too complicated, and in not doing so there is alot of good storylines that could come out of it... (THIS IS PURELY SPECULATIVE- knowing my tv work the opposite to what I've speculated above will probably happen! )

Ok- now to the actual ep.

Noah annoyed me, he was just a bit boring and then they threw in the baby/married thing in some attempt to jazz him up I guessed when he freaked when he heard her name that he was probably the baby daddy. Its annoying that they keep introducing all these new guys for her when we have a perfectly good one just sitting at the practice *coughs* PETE *coughs* although next weeks promo does look promising (there is another bonding scene much like the one in 2.17 by the look of the 5 seconds! ) Oh and when they introduced Noah as a cardio surgeon I did panic slightly after Kate mentioning she could return to Grey's and then knowing that seattle grace is lacking a cardio surgeon I got all worried that they would be riding into the seattle sunset together... but then the married thing put a spanner in the works (thank god!) because I don't think Addison would be silly enough to go down the mistress path to that extent again... at least I hope not

Cooper/Charlotte/Violet- I still can't decide who I like him with... its annoying when they do this cause I loved char/coop at the start of the season but now its got all messy and Violet and him are cute... connnfusing!

Sam and Naomi need to get back together- its clear they still love each other- I liked the kiss.

Overall not a bad ep- liked the patient storylines (that little kid was a good actress) but not a fan of Noah- but glad Addison refrained (and I hope she continues to!)

Sorry its so long!

Last edited by Ludo_rose; 03-13-2009 at 09:06 AM
Old 03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

with this episode I finally once and for all gave up on the Pete and Addie ship. I dont think they will ever be together. I am sorry to say this but by the way it looked.. Shonda made it look like that pete still feels something for Violet and it kinda felt like Violet isnt 'COMPLETELY oppsosed to the either either anymore. she will realize that pete is right.. that she doesnt want to be alone.. and then she will think about her feelings for Pete and BAM. and well if Shonda throws them together,... then it wont ever be Pete and Addison. that just wouldnt make sense to be with one woman of the practice for a longer period of time and then break up and end up with another from the practice.. its completely unreal. And I am not even sure Addie would want him when he has been with violet first.

on top of that I hated it that shonda didnt even show it how they all got to know about Violets pregnancy.. all of a sudden everyone just knows... yeah.. right. like that is real. I really wanna know why writers just think we are supposed to fill in all the blanks by ourself.

and OF COURSE that new guy is married. what else did I expect? either married or at least in a relationship. that is typical really. I am still waiting for the promised "Addison happiness!" so far... not so much.. you just see her hurting.. she falls for someone .. or at least likes someone .. and ends up getting hurt. and well he is a guest star.. so we KNOW he is not going to stick around so they as a couple.. EVEN if they try it out.. will fail.. (if he doesnt sign a contract to be a regular for the 3rd season that is) but I doubt that.

so.. all in all.. Addison is still alone in LA.

all in all.. all couples arent happy right now ..

sam and sonya broke up
Addie and noah (yeah not really a couple but oh well) they.. just .. no
Charlotte Cooper - god knows if they will ever be happy again
Pete/Violet/Sheldon - just a big mess

now of course you can see it from two sites... a show doesnt always need good critics... as long as people cant stop talking about it ... either good or bad things... it is a success.. so even if I didnt like this episode much.. I wrote the longes review ever... so I think Shonda would be satisfied with that-

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly how far along is Violet, I don't remember if they actually said in the episode last night.
I totally agree with you, I would have liked to see everyone finding out that Violet is pregnant, I think the writers totally missed an opportunity to do that.
I really didn't like Noah and don't have anything to say about him..lol
Pete/Violet/Sheldon - can't Violet just grow up and take the test to find out who the father is. If she really wants Pete and Sheldon to stop pushing her to take the test, then she should just get it over with.
Charlotte/Cooper - can't this couple just be happy. All they do is go back and forth and fight and blame each other. Considering they are my favorite couple on the show, I really want them to get back together, and for Cooper to move out of Violets house.

I also didn't really like all the time jumps in this episode, I understand that they were needed to move along the storylines, I can see maybe one during the episode but not 3/4.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm she should be about 5 months along.. well something alone those lines at least. and yes writers missed a huge opportunity with that.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

wow that ep was intense to say the least
Pete/Violet/Sheldon- so over this. although Violets growing bump is pretty..
Charlotte/Cooper- whats with all the crying in his arms? cant we seem happy again? pretty please Shonda?
Sam/Sonya- saw it coming..
Addie/Noah- i KNEW it was the patients husband from the second she asked Addie for details. when addie didnt say he was a surgeon or anything i got suss. at the end i actually thought for a second she might kiss him, but i was so glad she didnt, she wouldnt do that again.

i like the ep, but it annoyed me all the same
Old 03-15-2009, 05:01 AM
New Fan

Hey I'm new to this board I'm a huge fan of Kate Walsh and Addie.

I was pissed at the new episode as I love Josh Hopkins and thought he had chemistry with Addie but of course he has to be married to her patient.

I don't think Addie will give in though, otherwise it will just be a rehash of Greys S2 when Meredith screwed Derek with Addie in the next room, just with Addie in the Meredith role this time I think Addie will stay strong and resist, but I could also see Noah turning stalkery. Just hope Addie doesn't get hurt.

I do think Addie/Pete are still going to get together, if not at the end of this season then next season. I think either Violet is gonna lose the baby or it will turn out to be Sheldons.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the sam / sonya thing coming as well. and I still think that sam is still hung up on Naomi and its about time they both realize it

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Don't like where things are headed with Addy and that Noah guy, hope she doesn't sleep with him.

Is Charlotte having a nervous breakdown, it's time for her to see a therapist.

Finally deal with her father's death.

Violet is still gettin on my nerves, who is the BUG's father already?!