Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Anti Violet / Anti VIP Thread - Because she and they are just "caught in a bad romance"

Due to a request I am opening this thread. A poster asked to try and limit the frustration for a character and a couple to a certain thread so that the general threads will maybe be a bit less affected so thats what we are trying to do here.

I am really not familiar with threads of that sort because I dont really like them and never posted in one, so sorry if I forget anything in the rules. I can still add if we come across anything.

WELCOME TO THE FIRST ANTI THREAD

of course there are rules too

1. Be respectful towards posters! You can say whatever you want, but remember that not everyone is going to agree with you and please seperate Characters from real life people

2. Dont use certain words. Words that are crossed out in the general ff forum rules are certainly also not allowed in here, even if this is an Anti thread so please be careful

3. Rant and talk with us about your frustration all you want just dont forget that this is a TV show so please dont let it get out of hand

THATS ALL SO FAR

have fun and come ranting

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 04-02-2010 at 01:48 PM
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread hun You know I'll be posting in here on a regular basis
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

well I sure hope so hope you like the title too

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Addicted Fan

I love the song that the title is inspired by.

Did anyone (anti!Violet people) see P/V as an actual romance? All I saw was Violet sleeping with both Pete and Sheldon. Then she shut them both out during her pregnancy. She told Pete she picked him the day she was attacked, but after she was attacked she was in no condition to have a relationship. Oh, and Pete only started sleeping with her because Addie turned him down. I don't really see a great love story there. If someone else did please explain it to me. I'm at a loss.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

hehe I thought it fit them pretty well

and no. I NEVER saw it as a romance. They were people who had sex.. they didnt date.. they didnt really talk about important stuff... they were just having sex not having an actual relatioonship and suddenly Shonda made them be in love? I never really got that and I never really saw it either. I feel nothing with them other than it shouldnt be happening. Violet only wanted Pete when he was wiht someone else.. before that she didnt care.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the title

I sure never saw them as a real relationship. And yes they just had a lot of sex. There wasn't really a build up of dating and romance or anything like that. And I never understood that suddenly it was supposed to be love. First it was comfort, then suddenly it was love? I don't feel anything when those two kiss or have scenes together. It feels unnatural and forced. And I hate that NOW that Pete is happy with Addison, now Violet is back and will most likely want him. It's just like when he was dating that single mom and Violet became jealous. She wants him when he is with someone else.

Last edited by SwanQueenLove; 04-02-2010 at 04:03 PM
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

To be fair, if you are going to do an anti thread make one for ALL characters. I understand the reason behind it, but it just seems silly when people rant about others characters (Cooper comes to mind) as well. By doing that it doesn't come across like you are targeting the particular character (being the ONLY anti thread and all) which I feel is the reason the thread was created in the first place. Which is kind of ironic.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

This special thread was requested by a poster on this board. The poster preffered us to discuss Violet in other threads so the poster requested the anti thread. Thatswhy it got opened. maybe we can find a better solution (but yes its normal to have one single thread for each couple / Char and not one for all of them together so if more anti threads are requested please talk to me and my co mod about it)

I think one thread for all would be a bad idea.. because things would definitely get out of hand, If this thread is about one char or one couple.. then people who love them can stay away.. while if this thread would be about all characters.. lovers and haters would clash and it would turn out to be a pretty big mess because people would just keep either defending or putting down different chars. With one thread.. lovers can stay away.. haters or lets call it dislikers can discuss

Ash - I agree, there was really no built up and it really seems like V only wants something when it looks like she cant have it .. which isnt love... to me it isnt.

ETA also I think that Violet was more liked in season 1 and 2

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 04-03-2010 at 06:18 AM
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If there were anti threads for all characters and couples that would make a pretty big mess out of the board. The thread was created because it was asked for not to target the character and couple.

Suz - It's not love to me either. That's just jealousy and it comes off as being really selfish and maybe confused. That's not passionate or caring or romantic to only want something when you can't have it. And I hope Pete doesn't fall for that.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I agree. I also think that Violet is pretty selfish and unfortunately she didnt think much about other people but only herself. the only thing she did for someone else was to give lucas to pete because she couldnt take care of him, still that also meant that she gave up her son for almost a year of his life. then she slept wiht Addisons dad and I am sorry but I still dont see the "good" in that because it maybe helped her but it hurt TWO other people in the process and that is pretty selfish

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Loyal Fan

^ Here here my friend!

Yeah that is a good title.

I think I will probably be posting a lot in here too!

I never really saw them as a romance either. I wasn't really bothered to tell the truth. I didn't really like the fact they were together. I didn't really pay that much attention to their relationship. When she started having the affair with Sheldon I went right off her though.

If I'm honest I can't see it myself. I don't think Pete and Violet have similar enough personalities and values.

I'm happy for Violet to be Lucas's Mum as long as the one and only doesn't feel pushed out that is. That's more Pete's look out though. I just don't want a ViP reunion.

Also Vip? What's that all about? What's so important about them?

Oooh I think I am going to enjoy it in here!!

Making a list? Can you please add me?
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She is a pretty selfish person. And yes she's missing out on an important time in her sons's life. Where he's bonding with Pete and yet doesn't really know her at all which sucks. I get that she wants Lucas to have a stable parent and so she left him with Pete but then I wish she would be working on herself and doing everything she can to get better so that she could be in her son's life again. And it feels like that took a really long time. Sleeping with Addison's dad was pretty awful she hurt Addison and Pete with that and all so she could feel attractive? I would think friendship and respect for the people you care about would be more important then casual sex.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

She has. I think the first years are the most important ones.. althogh with a kid all the time is important. and yes I also thought that she cared more about Addie and Pete to run off and have casual sex with someone she KNEW was Addisons father and she only knew for about a few hours. But oh well.. so far Violet has done a lot of things I just dont get

Lyida - welcome to this thread. I still think.. like I have mentioned.. they are more like brothers and sisters which is why I get shudders when i see them together.

I think VIP is for VIolet and Pete the first letters of their names.not sure tho lol

and I hope you wil enjoy it here

hmm shall I make a list you guys? I dont know if a list in an anti thread is appropriate. might have to ask my co mod for that

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so too and it's a shame that she's missed out on so much. But apparently she didn't. The worst thing was that she didn't even apologize for it She actually told Addison how great it was and was all casual about it with Pete as well. And I think that was the wrong way to handle it. Not that she should have even let that happen in the first place but she still could have handled it differently.

I don't know if we need one here either hun but I'm sure you'll make the right decision with your co-mod
Old 04-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

es that really is the worst

today I saw an episode of scrubs.. and although the show is a comedy.. the storyline of PTSD was handled a lot better with Carla there than here with Violet. Carla also didnt think she would need help and she tried to just get away and run from her problems but her friends told her that she needed help and she got some... I wonder why that cant happen here.. Violet is a therapist and she doesnt get professional help? this is a medical show.. I dont get that. really.

and yes.. she should have told Addison that she is sorry and not "it was great.. he was so gentle" I mean ewww, who wants to hear that about her own father??

LEVERAGE campaign