Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't know it :O Happy late birthday Amy!

Did anyone of you ever seen Judging Amy? Is it good? I've never seen an episode and I was wondering if it was worth a try.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
Hey. Can I be added to the list?
adding you ..

happy belated birhtday Amy

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin (View Post)

Did anyone of you ever seen Judging Amy? Is it good? I've never seen an episode and I was wondering if it was worth a try.
Not really sure. I have heard good things about it and anything with Amy in it is usually worth a watch. Only thing that kinda makes me hesitant about it is I am not a huge fan of courtroom dramas.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroccs (View Post)
Only thing that kinda makes me hesitant about it is I am not a huge fan of courtroom dramas.
Yeah, that's my problem too.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I didn't particularily care for Medical Dramas before I started watching Grey's Anatomy. It all depends on the show, the characters, the plot, etc, not necessarily the ground concept. Grey's won me over and I adore PrP even more.

I started watching Judging Amy this past year. I've become obsessed with Amy and I just wanted to see everything she had done, cause that is what I do when I get obsessed, lol. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, because a courtroom show didn't sound too much like my thing, but then again Medical Dramas didn't, either, so I started watching it and I fell madly in love with the show. It's not just about the court room, there's the focus on Maxine's (Tyne Daly) work place, which is Department of Children and Families, there's the focus on Amy's family life with her mother, her daughter (Lauren), her ex husband, her brothers (who also get their own storylines) and eventually also her courtroom workers Bruce and Donna get their storylines (Donna mostly, since Bruce's storylines are more connected with Amy's). It's a great show, it's intelligent, it's beautiful, it makes you think, and I think the most enjoyable part of it is the Maxine-Amy-Lauren centered storylines. It's definitely worth watching. Try a couple of episodes and see if it sounds like something you'd like.

I would also recommend Amy's first TV show, NYPD Blue. Again, I was thinking "cop show? um...", but it's incredible. Seriously, it is really good and Amy's character is in my opinion the most interesting character there. I actually made a tribute video to her character (warning, it does pretty much spoil her whole arch, since it starts with her very first scene, shows a majority of her scenes total and ends with the very last scene as well as the very last line she said).

YouTube - Janice Licalsi/John Kelly - Who is it

As for her movies, so far I've watched a couple of them (bought more than I've seen thus far). I LOVE "Bye, bye love" (not just for Amy, I'm also a big Eliza Dushku fan) and "Casper" is a childhood favorite (she had two scenes, but they were so sweet), Friends and Neighbors was a bit too weird for my taste, but I adore the "Jane Austin Book Club".
Old 06-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

its a great show! i just bought the first series on DVD. its basically about the character Amy Gray played by Amy herself, and its actually based on Amy's really life mother who was a judge. The show is about a lawyer who seperates from her husband and leaves her corporate laywer job to be a family court judge in her old neighbourhood. ive always loved it anyways and Amy is amazing in it
Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by house_cuddy4eva (View Post)
its a great show! i just bought the first series on DVD. its basically about the character Amy Gray played by Amy herself, and its actually based on Amy's really life mother who was a judge. The show is about a lawyer who seperates from her husband and leaves her corporate laywer job to be a family court judge in her old neighbourhood. ive always loved it anyways and Amy is amazing in it
Important to note that Amy plays her mother's job, not her mother.

You a scandinavian by any chance (since you got the first season on DVD)? Or has it finally been released on DVD somewhere else, too?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, you both convinced me. I'm watching Judging Amy Pilot tonight
Old 06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Okay, you both convinced me. I'm watching Judging Amy Pilot tonight
Let us know what you think I can never have enough people to discuss that show with
Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, I just finished watching the third episode. After the Pilot I was a little unsure, the very first scene was a little cheesy with all the trowing a quarter thing.. but now I'm loving it. Amy is great, both actress and character, I love her for having had the courage to leave her husbad and start her life again. I think I'm really going to enjoy watching her as a working mum, and the progression of her relationships with her daughter but also with her mother and her borther.

I'm so glad I found I new tv-show to watch during the summer

Just one thing.. I'm not sure if I like the b&w photos between scenes
Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Okay, I just finished watching the third episode. After the Pilot I was a little unsure, the very first scene was a little cheesy with all the trowing a quarter thing.. but now I'm loving it. Amy is great, both actress and character, I love her for having had the courage to leave her husbad and start her life again. I think I'm really going to enjoy watching her as a working mum, and the progression of her relationships with her daughter but also with her mother and her borther.

I'm so glad I found I new tv-show to watch during the summer

Just one thing.. I'm not sure if I like the b&w photos between scenes
Aww, I think those black'n white photos are cute with how they kinda tell their own little story

Glad you love the show, I have the first season on DVD and crossing my fingers, hoping and praying that the other five will be released, too. I have yet to watch all the episodes, cause there are only so many that I can find available, so I'm depending on future DVD releases!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

I had no problems finding all the episodes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
Aww, I think those black'n white photos are cute with how they kinda tell their own little story
I don't know.. the first times they left me a little confused. Maybe I'll get used to them.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I had no problems finding all the episodes...

I don't know.. the first times they left me a little confused. Maybe I'll get used to them.
Let me guess... Hulu? That site is blocked for non-Americans, unfortunately...
Old 06-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nope that's not it , I can pm you if you want.

(also I'm not american )
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Nope that's not it , I can pm you if you want.

(also I'm not american )
PM please!