Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

first of all.. as long as Violet doesnt get professional help (not running off to touch monkeys or watch the rain forrest or whatever) I still dont understand her. As long as she doesnt search for help and finally starts healing with the professional help of someone else.. she is not healed and yeah...

no offense but Violet and Pete started out with only sex as well, its actually funny how people seem to forget about that but are against Pete and Addie. Generally speaking of course. V/P started out becasue the one felt horney and the other one was there.. they started out with lots of sex (while Violet had the most sex because she had TWO sex toys) and THEN formed into something more. So why shouldnt that happen with Addison and Pete? Because they are in love with other people? well sometimes you start to actually move on from the feelings if you know that you cant be with the one you love. It would be really sad if you could only be in love once.

why exactly is it unfair? Violet decided to turn her back on her relationship (and while I support her choice to leave Lucas to Pete because she clearly was in no state of mind to take care of a kid and I think it was a good thing that she wanted lucas to have it better and brought him over to Pete) but the decision I am really talking about is: She made the decision not to get professional help, therefore she was not getting better.. she lost her boyfriend in that process - so now all of sudden.. it would be a bit unfair to want him back just because he is moving on with Addison.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Absolute Fan

I have not forgotten how my ship started out, thank you very much. But considering my shipping tendency is not purely based on how logical the romance is, but rather what my gut instincts tell me, there is no way you can logic me into jumping ships, so why bother trying? I get that you're on team Addison, and while I don't think there should be a contest, I'm gonna pledge my allegiance to Team Violet, cause she needs my support far more than Addie does (stipulating once again that I LOVE Addison and have done so since she first appeared in Grey's... and I'm a diehard MerDer shipper, even)

I've been longing for Addie to find happiness and I had high hopes for her and Alex to find it, but of course she was on track to get her own show, so that was doomed. Now my high hope is for her and Sam to find it and I think this Addie/Pete thing stands in the way, not just for Violet's happiness, but Addison's as well. I don't feel anything, not a zinge when I watch Addie and Pete together, not like I felt it with Addie and Alex, Addie and Sam, and more importantly Pete and Violet, which in the end is my main ship.

In my heart I don't believe Paddison is moving on, I think they are in denial. I think they believe that if they try really hard they can make themselves fall for each other, because it's way less messy than going for something with the people they actually are in love with, but that isn't how it works. Love isn't about logic, about what's easier, love is something that just happens.

Having said all that, I want to underline that this thread is about Violet, not Addie. Addie has her own very active thread (at least compared to this one).
Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

I wont tell anyone to jump or switch ships, everyone gets to decide who and why they ship a certain couple, but I can at least write what I like or dont like about a certain couple or a certain person and THEREFORE I use a comparions to Addie or Addie and Pete. Its not like I want to have everyone to like Addie or just talk about Addison, it was purely for comparing purposes.

anyway I think there are nicer way to talk to each other. its a discussion and nothing we say should be that personal. Its a tv show, we shouldnt forget that everyone

but talking about guts, I dont feel it with Violet and Pete. Never did. Never will and trust me I have tried. I have tried hard. I have nothing against violet (well at least I didnt have in season 2) and I have nothing against Pete.. but I just cant see them together and my gut is telling me that too

anyway. I was talking more about Violet getting proffessional help and what decisions she made. ITs her thread so, then lets talk about that then

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think anyone is in here trying to convince people of who they should and shouldn't ship. There's no need to get personal in here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion right? And I don't think there's anything wrong with using comparisons to make a point.

And yes I've never felt any spark with Pete and Violet either, not since the very beginning.

And so true, this is about Violet and I don't really understand why she was off taking a long vacation when she's been avoiding her problems as it is. Some professional help would be much better for her then running away.

Last edited by SwanQueenLove; 03-14-2010 at 09:23 AM
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Elspeth (View Post)
and Shonda Rhimes seems to think that a little bit of sex with Addie's father and a couple of weeks in Costa Rica are more than enough to cure PTSD...and this is supposed to be a medical show, but whatever!)
word! i will be pretty pissed if she came back from her trip and will be absolutely normal again. that woul be really "realistic".
Old 03-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Absolute Fan

I agree, I would love to see her get some professional help. Let's hope that is in the cards.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
first of all.. as long as Violet doesnt get professional help (not running off to touch monkeys or watch the rain forrest or whatever) I still dont understand her. As long as she doesnt search for help and finally starts healing with the professional help of someone else.. she is not healed and yeah...[...]
why exactly is it unfair? Violet decided to turn her back on her relationship
It’s unfair because Violet is ill. She’s ill, she’s suffering of PTSD and the fact that she’s not looking for professional help because she's in denial it’s just another symptom of her illness (i.e. it happens with rape victims all the time). That’s why it’s unfair to compare Violet’s decision and Addison’s. We can’t compare a traumatized woman to a well adjusted one! It makes absolutely no sense! Sure Addison has trouble by her own in the past and sure she deserves to be happy, but Violet's life wasn’t exactly a ray of light! Doesn’t she deserve happiness too?
Blaming Violet for not been there for Pete or her son, it’s cruel and also it's unrealistic to think that a couple of months of madness can cure something serious as PTSD, which sometimes requires years of therapy. So as long as Violet receives professional help with her consent or not, I’m happy!

Quote:
no offense but Violet and Pete started out with only sex as well, its actually funny how people seem to forget about that but are against Pete and Addie.
As for Pete and Violet vs Pete and Addison, you’re absolutely right, they started in the exact same way and maybe Paddison will live happy even after and just to be clear I never said I was against them, all I was saying it’s that FOR NOW I didn’t see any kind of love, I saw support… sure support could in a couple of episode be changed in love, that will see. And also people were saying the exact same thing about Pete and Violet at the beginning of their relationship and then they were really in love! Just come back at the second ViP thread and read some posts, there was the same music but against Pete and Violet! So we’ll just see how Pete and Addison will work out and if you ship them good for you!
IMO if Pete cannot understand that Violet is ill or he didn’t know how to help her and in the meantime he fall in love with Addison or someone else, it’s ok for me, because clearly he didn’t love Violet as much as I thought and I'm done with this ship! I hope Violet could find someone who love her so much to give her time and space she need and help her to heal for as long as she need, someone who will be there for her even when/if she pushes him away!

Last edited by V_Elspeth; 03-16-2010 at 08:29 AM
Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Popping in here, as I feel it's the safest place on this board to say how much I am looking forward to see Violet come back. I know I'm one of few, but I really, really miss her. And I really hope something good will happen to her. I'm curious whether Shonda will give us an explanation on what happened to her while she was away, and that she doesn't just play the zen card like she did with Cooper and leave everything else unexplained.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

I also really really miss her bb and I really really hope she'll be back soon and shiny, happy smile on her face and soul, for a change. We want old Violet back!!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
I also really really miss her bb and I really really hope she'll be back soon and shiny, happy smile on her face and soul, for a change. We want old Violet back!!
YES! We want Violet back to herself again! I really, really want to see her get a chance to be a mom! I just really, really hope she won't just show up at the very end of the episode... I dunno if I can take three more weeks of not seeing her...
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

shall we keep the faith okay? 3 weeks is too much [3 weeks of no airing??? what a bummer!!!]

she needs to be a mom, Lucas needs her, and now Addie knows Pete loves Violet and only Violet, so scenario should be easy for her to find her way to be best version of herself!! come on she can do that!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'M so glad she'll be back next episode..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Absolute Fan

On the bright side, after those three weeks there will be no more weeks until after the season finale... I'm SO keeping faith. I was doing that even before the four most WONDERFUL words left Pete's lips last week
Old 04-03-2010, 07:07 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

no one mentioned how radiant and beautiful she looked in 6x19????

looked like a shinny star knocked at the door
Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Really hope Violet was actually getting help and not just on vaca having a party. If she was actually getting help, Pete needs to call her doctor and make sure she is ok and will not be a harm to Lucas. Then, she should only be allowed supervised visits for a while to make sure she really is stable. She may have gotten help, but she could have a relapse and snap and hurt Lucas. Right now Violet is nothing but a stranger to Lucas.

She should be his mother and bond with him. However, It would be really unrealistic to show her jump right into motherhood like nothing ever happened. Not to mention, very irresponsible of the show
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)