Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

6x13 In Which We Say Goodbye [Series Finale]: Episode Discussion

in which we say goodbye [series finale]
6x13 - episode discussion
WEDDING BELLS RING FOR ADDISON AND JAKE,
ON THE SERIES FINALE OF ABC’S “PRIVATE PRACTICE”

Audra McDonald Returns to Reprise Her Role as “Dr. Naomi Bennett”
Also Guest Starring Matt Long (“Mad Men”) and Sarah Ramos (“Parenthood”)

“In Which We Say Goodbye” – ABC’s hit drama “Private Practice” will end its run with a special farewell to the beloved doctors of Seaside Health and Wellness. Naomi returns to stand by Addison’s side on her wedding day, Cooper struggles with the hardships of being a stay-at-home father, and Violet begins a new project close to her heart, on the Series Finale of “Private Practice,” TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Private Practice” stars Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery, Benjamin Bratt as Dr. Jake Reilly, KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King, Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman, Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace, Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd, and Griffin Gluck as Mason Warner, with Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett and Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner.

Guest cast TBA.

“In Which We Say Goodbye” was written by Shonda Rhimes and directed by Mark Tinker.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

I'm so sad.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the finale was ok, but i was so bummed that addison and jake hardly got anything! WTH? also, why was addison talking about derek like it was his fault! um, nooo! neway, i'm sad it's over. i really am! i have so few shows left i can turn to and say, i had that in my early twenties. SIGH! </3
Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm happy Addison got married to Jake and had her happy ending, but was disappointed.

It looks to me like Shonda didn't know what to do with the finale. She was all out of ideas/stories and didn't care, so she made the finale all about Naomi, a character that left 2 seasons ago and hasn't been mentioned since then. Ridiculous. Naomi got the big twist, while the others really got nothing. As much as I love Audra, Naomi (happily married to Fife) should have just popped up for Addison's wedding and left. The rest of the show should have been about the others, not her. JMO.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the finale it was a nice way to end the show.

I really loved that Violet's book is called Private Practice it's a nice salute to the show's title and what her life has been about the last 6 years.

I'm so glad that Naomi and Sam are together and having a baby I have always supported them together cause I believe they never stopped loving each other.

The two weddings was nice, it wasn't long ceremonies but they were sweet and short which was a nice touch.

Overall, I really did like this episode it was a nice way to end it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

I loved the finale. I got my endgame. I loved seeing Naomi again and I like that jake and addie wound up together along with charlotte and cooper who I never stopped supporting. I liked naomi and sam together a lot. It seems they always come back to each other somehow. It doesn't seem like anything else has worked. I liked that they got married and had a baby together. They never got over each other.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's sad that it's over. I'm just glad it wasn't a whole hour of Jake. All the characters deserved to have screen time and they got it. I still think Addison would have been better off without Jake, imo.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddisonLove (View Post)
I'm happy Addison got married to Jake and had her happy ending, but was disappointed.

It looks to me like Shonda didn't know what to do with the finale. She was all out of ideas/stories and didn't care, so she made the finale all about Naomi, a character that left 2 seasons ago and hasn't been mentioned since then. Ridiculous. Naomi got the big twist, while the others really got nothing. As much as I love Audra, Naomi (happily married to Fife) should have just popped up for Addison's wedding and left. The rest of the show should have been about the others, not her. JMO.
I agree with everything you said....this episode seems a Naomi centric one no a series finale.
I would have love to see more about the lead character like Addison,CharCoop and Amelia( she was in only 2-3 scene) I know they all already happy but that doesn't mean we don't have to see them..even Addison beside the wedding all her scene were related to Sam and Naomi. Not even a finally scene with Henry. That's not fair!!!
The post that Shonda write in which describe all that amazing CharCoop moment that went cut made me even more mad...I really really don't understand why she cut them.
All the Addison and Jake fans and the CharCoop fans deserve better from this finale.
The last scene instead was reall beautiful with the whole group in the kitchen and then the elevator door closed as the last image.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't know that there was a scene with Charlotte and Cooper that was cut. That's a shame.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah,It's really a shame!!!
Shonda explain in a post that they have to cut some scenes because the episode was too long...I get that but I really don't understand why they cut all their moments.
There are at least 2 scenes that were cut:
-one where Violet offer to Charlotte and Cooper, Pete's room as a nursey and then a shoot of all the cooplets plus Henry and Lucas playing there.
-the second is a scene after Sam and Naomi wedding in which they book a room to have sex and then realize they're too tired for it and decide to watch a movie and slept. Then Charlotte said to him: "I never love you more".
I wish we have could seen these,because both seems really nice moments,:,( it's really unfair for all the charcoop fan...I hope at least they put them on the dvd.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Those scenes sound nice. It's a shame the finale couldn't be a two hour long episode.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

yes it's really a shame!!!! so sad about it....I guess the only thing is waiting for the dvd and hope that all of this scenes will be there
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I have to say it was kind of weak for series finale. I'm kind of disappointed. Too much Naomi and too much Sam. It was in fact Sam/Naomi reconciliation tirade. And they cut out the best scenes to make room for this? But whatever. Those who i wanted to get happy ending, got it and that's all that matters.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I have to say I loved the finale.. just three things I hated..

1. I expected a juicy moment of Charlotte and Cooper like the old days.. obviously it was cut
2. I HATED that Stephanie got hurt again..
3. I looooove that Sam and Nae are bacj together, but the baby was waaaaay too much... because all of a sudden Sam is all over for that baby??? please..

Other than that I loved Shelon's speech to Miranda (btw I would never have thought he's supposed to be 56.)
And I loved how Charlotte loves her babies
and I love the title of Violet's book.. aaand the Addie speech for Nae's wedding

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day