Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Supreme Fan

5x11 The Standing Eight Count: Episode Discussion

The Standing Eight Count

5x11 Episode Discussion

“The Standing Eight Count” -- Pete, Violet, Sam and Addison adjust to their new, singles lives in different ways. Addison questions how much she wants a baby and confides in Jake, Violet considers an offer to go on a date with a young, hot paramedic, and Sam and Pete have a bachelors’ night at a local bar. Meanwhile, Charlotte faces a personal, ethical dilemma when Amelia uncovers a secret about Mason’s mom, Erica, and Sheldon refuses to bend to the pressure when an old friend from the police force wants him to rubber stamp a fellow cop suffering from PTSD.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

THanks.. I'm really curious about this episode..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Supreme Fan

"I think I just fell asleep" (Addison) - This is exactly how I felt during this episode. Sad, because I have liked every episode this season.

I don't even know what the hell the Sheldon case was about really.

"Guy's night" was really lame and kinda gross. Was Sheldon not invited?

I knew Mason's mom would end up sick. Charlotte was way wrong for stealing her medical records, especially since she was mad at Cooper for stealing cord blood a couple episodes ago.

Good, Addie is moving forward and checking out more options. I understood her getting discouraged after disappointments. Nice moment between Addison and Jake. No more of Sam's bad juju.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 01-13-2012, 05:20 AM
New Fan

I think this episode was a little boring because of the fact that there isn't any good cases (Sheldon's one was damn boring)
The best about the episode was about Mason's mom's sickness. Amelia and Charlotte was very nice trying to help her and I think Charlotte had her reason of stealing that medical records although it's the wrong thing to do
One thing that i'm happy about is there's no more Pete/Violet thing, i'm all fed up with it. Glad that both of them had their new ones
Looking forward to next episode
Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so glad Violet is getting hers, good for her that guy was so hot.

Good episode, I was a little confused on the Sheldon case too. What did that guy do exactly?.

I was not happy that Charlotte pocked her nose where it didn't belong but I get why she did it and why she wants to help Erica but it was still wrong and an invation of privacy.

I have to say that I love the Violet/Addie friendship I think they are great as friends. I hope we get more of those one on one scenes with them.

I'm very angry at Pete, he's clearly trying to have that 'bachalor life" again and I think this is his way of saying he's not good in marriages. I don't like Pete anymore, he's gone from a great character to someone I just don't care about anymore.

Over all, it was actually a good episode not great but a good one especially since they got this new hot parametic so it gives me a reason to drool and swoon a little.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode I think the characters had some very human moments which were both difficult to watch and made me happy for them. My favorite part of this episode was Charlotte and Cooper. I love their relationship I agree Charlotte shouldn't have gotten Erica's medical records. It was surprising because usually she takes a firm stand on those kinds of things.

I can't say that I enjoyed the guy's night out that much. Both Sam and Pete have the right to make attempts to move on, but I felt pretty bad for Violet and Addie in this episode. I will say though that drunk Cooper is always awesome and I like how smooth Jake is

I also love that Addie is going to continue trying to get her baby and thought it was amazing how supportive Jake and Violet are of her

I thought Sheldon's case was interesting this week and really appreciated the ethical dilemma that was posed through the storyline.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay.. not the best episode..

Sheldon's case.. I didn't really get it..
And nothing mentioned about him and Amelia..

Addie.. I'm sooo glad she's trying to find a new way to get a baby.. and I'm glad Jake's so supportive I wonder if she'll learn next episode that he already slept wirh someone..

Spekaing of.. Pete sleeping with someone.. okay.. BUt WHY is he still wearing his wedding ring? And why didn't the woman recognize?

Charlotte.. I think what she did wasn't right. On the other hand.. I'm glad she did it.. I mean now Erica told Cooper.. I wonder what will happen next episode..
I guess the tumor is the whole reason Erica came to find Cooper in the first place.

Aaaaand I hope we get to see Violet's date again

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

The episode was good, not great.
Sheldon and Amelia had no Scenes. I don't even know what to think about this anymore. One moment it seems they are going somewhere and then the next it feels like it's being stalled on purpose.
I loved Charlotte So much in this episode, Also just realized The women playing the mother of Mason is The Girl from "My so called life"
I continue to just adore the Amelia/Charlotte Friendship, please more of these two.
Pete/Girl in the elevator actually made me sick, I mean i get that Violet treated him horribly, but that's just ... ew.
Loved Coopers Speech to Charlotte
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Okay so I replayed the ten seconds of Addie/Amelia a million times, whatever, don't judge me. I may be in love with scenes of these two way too much.

And the Addie/Jake scene certainly was nice! Heh, I kinda wanted to see Addie really fall asleep though, just to see Jake's reaction. I'm immature like that =P

I snorted when Sam said "I'm a heart surgeon". Honestly, Sam, I don't even wanna go into questioning your credentials yet again. Just get out of my face already.

(Oh and, the dream? I see that you really love her, Sam, I can totally see that. That's exactly how we'd dream about our loved ones.)

The rest was a bore. Don't give two rats about Pete's problems, the guy came off as a douche way too long ago that I've simply tuned out when he appears on my screen. The paramedic was kind of meh too, I guess it's simply because I can't see it going anywhere interesting (unlike say, the HotCop). Erica's predicament wasn't all that surprising,

edited because of spoilers.
-Holly

Last edited by kostilicious; 01-18-2012 at 08:53 AM
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG so true.. SHonda really ruins every character one by one.. First Noami then Sam now it's Pete's turn.. :roll_eyes:

I was so laughing when Sam said he was a heart surgeon.. I mean he's never anythong like Burke or Erica or Teddy

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 01-18-2012 at 08:52 AM
Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

edited because of spoilers.
- Holly

Last edited by kostilicious; 01-18-2012 at 08:52 AM
Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

My mistake I read t wrong..

And YES it was a spoiler! And they are not allowed here.. so I'll edit it out of your posts. If you want to talk about spoilers please head to the spoiler thread at the spoiler board!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Addison and Sam broke up AGAIN?! Pathetic writing. Getting very, very old.