Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Absolute Fan

They really shouldnt have any romance period. I had to suffer along with S2 Rose having fallen for the Doctor and now she's got a Doctor clone of her very own. Thats not Doctor Who. And Missy has ceased to be a real threat, not because she is a woman, no. Because of how they are writing her. The Master needs to be restored to his rightful glory and written likea gneuine threat and menace to whomever is playing the Doctor. In Episode 1 of the recently concluded season, the Doctor doesnt even regard Missy to be his archenemy anymore! if the series is to contonue certain creative chaged must be addressed because they are losing the hardcore fanbase, people who have lived and breathed the series and kept it going in some fashion for a long number of years. There. Ive said my peace. I dont expect anyone to agree just had to get that off my chest.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yes she can be her funny slef shes great for the humor
And match her humor with Twelve's dry sense of humor, instant entertainment! LOL! They are GOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess
Unless it's River, then definitely no romance.

I really like Missy, so I'd love to have her in a few episodes.

River really is the only one, from the rebooted series, that could be any match for the Doctor romantically. She doesn;t need saving, or need to be shown the galaxy. She can explore on her own and has done so many times. I think that's why the Docotr is always drawn to her, other than the mystery she exudes.

Me too!!! Missy is the incarnation of the Master I can enjoy and not outright want to hate. She's a delightful psycho dressed as Mary Poppin's Evil twin! hahhaha!
Old 01-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
They really shouldnt have any romance period. I had to suffer along with S2 Rose having fallen for the Doctor and now she's got a Doctor clone of her very own. Thats not Doctor Who. And Missy has ceased to be a real threat, not because she is a woman, no. Because of how they are writing her. The Master needs to be restored to his rightful glory and written likea gneuine threat and menace to whomever is playing the Doctor. In Episode 1 of the recently concluded season, the Doctor doesnt even regard Missy to be his archenemy anymore! if the series is to contonue certain creative chaged must be addressed because they are losing the hardcore fanbase, people who have lived and breathed the series and kept it going in some fashion for a long number of years. There. Ive said my peace. I dont expect anyone to agree just had to get that off my chest.
As usual, you have me in full and complete agreement.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm also against the romance and I want another companion like Donna - a bit older and not in love with the Doctor.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I'm also against the romance and I want another companion like Donna - a bit older and not in love with the Doctor.
Some else like Donna would be great!
Old 01-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Yes me to and people never thought they where dating either
Old 01-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
As usual, you have me in full and complete agreement.
Im just happy my comments were welcomed by a few of the posters with such understanding. I certainly wasnt trying to start a flame war. Thanks for backing me up Tim.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Yeah, I will never defend Doctor/Rose. No issue with those who ship it but I really dislike the pairing. Though I do not think The Doctor is or needs to be aromantic/asexual.

Do you mean what The Master was pre-2005 reboot? Because in s3 of Nu Who, The Master was anything but an arch-nemesis. I mean, look at The Doctor's reaction to his death. He begged him to regenerate, sobbed, screamed, held his body, and rocked back and forth in grief. And throughout those episodes, The Master was as flirty with The Doctor as later is as Missy. The way The Master was being all sadist on the phone with Martha but then hears The Doctor's voice and completely changes. He practically had butterflies.

In Nu Who, M was never evil. M did evil but it came from a place of psychosis caused by the Time Lords. Seeing into the Great Schism and hearing the drumbeat Every. Single. Second. For. Centuries.

Of course, I've always had a soft spot for the kind of villain that Master/Missy fall under. The category that Crowley (Supernatural), Spike (BtVS), Rumplestilkson & Regina (Once upon a time), Lydecker (Dark angel), Cole (Charmed), Lex Luthor (Smallville), Ben Linus (Lost), Eric Northman (True Blood), and Ares & Callisto (Hercules the Legendary Journeys/Xena Warrior Princess) are all a part of.

I don't know what constitutes a "hard core fan" of Doctor Who but I'm going to call myself one since I never do anything halfways. I'm ridiculously obsessive.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yes me to and people never thought they where dating either
Yeah they did. That and married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Yeah, I will never defend Doctor/Rose. No issue with those who ship it but I really dislike the pairing. Though I do not think The Doctor is or needs to be aromantic/asexual.

Do you mean what The Master was pre-2005 reboot? Because in s3 of Nu Who, The Master was anything but an arch-nemesis. I mean, look at The Doctor's reaction to his death. He begged him to regenerate, sobbed, screamed, held his body, and rocked back and forth in grief. And throughout those episodes, The Master was as flirty with The Doctor as later is as Missy. The way The Master was being all sadist on the phone with Martha but then hears The Doctor's voice and completely changes. He practically had butterflies.

In Nu Who, M was never evil. M did evil but it came from a place of psychosis caused by the Time Lords. Seeing into the Great Schism and hearing the drumbeat Every. Single. Second. For. Centuries.

Of course, I've always had a soft spot for the kind of villain that Master/Missy fall under. The category that Crowley (Supernatural), Spike (BtVS), Rumplestilkson & Regina (Once upon a time), Lydecker (Dark angel), Cole (Charmed), Lex Luthor (Smallville), Ben Linus (Lost), Eric Northman (True Blood), and Ares & Callisto (Hercules the Legendary Journeys/Xena Warrior Princess) are all a part of.

I don't know what constitutes a "hard core fan" of Doctor Who but I'm going to call myself one since I never do anything halfways. I'm ridiculously obsessive.
The Master in the classic series was so much better than the New. He was like the Moriaty to the Doctors Sherlock Holmes. He was malevolent, sinister but with a gentlemanly dry wit- closest we've gotten was Derek Jacobi. So much better than the flirty nonsense we have nowadays. And as for the Time Lords, there was never any hint of that in the Classic Series. Just RTD completely changing one of the cornerstones of Doctor Who villainy
Old 01-17-2016, 03:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

I love your villians lol your a fan of a few of the shows i like
Old 01-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Good choice in villains to love! LOL! Ares is my top out of all of them! My first evil love! LOL!!

Quote:
When you look at what S3 Master did, locking the Doctor in a cage, accelerating his aging, and turning people into little floating seriously cross orbs...... Missy is relatively stable compared to that. Sure she raised a Cyberman army.... but that was out of people who were already dead. Course, she only did that, gave the Doctor control of the army to show, what she believed in her mind, was that they weren't different.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I was so in love with Ares. Xares (Xena/Ares) was one of my first OTPs. Gabrielle was Xena's soulmate but Xena was the love of Ares' life. I could never really ship Xena & Gabrielle together. I was too into Ares/Xena & Caesar/Xena. So complicated. *suddenly thinks of that scene when Caesar is dreaming of making love with Xena and she's on top and it's amazing but then she pulls out a knife from under the sheets and stabs him and he bolts awake and Callisto is standing in his bedchambers smiling and says "That Xena can really mess up a dream, can't she?"

Quote:
When you look at what S3 Master did, locking the Doctor in a cage, accelerating his aging, and turning people into little floating seriously cross orbs...... Missy is relatively stable compared to that. Sure she raised a Cyberman army.... but that was out of people who were already dead. Course, she only did that, gave the Doctor control of the army to show, what she believed in her mind, was that they weren't different.
Well, in order to raise the "army of the dead" she diverted countless spirits from their rightful afterlives, made them feel the molecular breakdown of their rotting corpses, and tricked them into spiritual crises so intense they thought an eternity without emotion was the best option. I can't imagine dying and then thinking the Nethersphere was all there was. The spirit realms are as varied as the galaxies of the universe. The Nethersphere would be like being stuck in Purgatory/Hell's waiting room. Hearing ghosts begging "please don't cremate me" is still one of the creepiest things in the Whoverse.

It's true though that Missy was doing evil things for what she believed was a good cause. I loved when 12 said (and the way he said it!), "Why are you doing this?!" Because he understood she actually thought she was being nice. That she was offering him a gift. It was just in a really ****ed up way.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was so in love with Ares. Xares (Xena/Ares) was one of my first OTPs.
I really in LOVE with Ares (Devastated and still am to this day that Kevin Smith is dead). Xena and Ares were meant to be. I loved Xena and Gabrielle as friends. Their friendship was what I wanted. I never really saw X/G as anything other than what they were, friends. Ares was the love of Xena's life. He was the man she wanted, but couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan
Well, in order to raise the "army of the dead" she diverted countless spirits from their rightful afterlives, made them feel the molecular breakdown of their rotting corpses, and tricked them into spiritual crises so intense they thought an eternity without emotion was the best option.
But she didn't directly kill those people, which is a step in the right direction, granted not a huge step, but pretty good for Missy/Master's homicidal tendencies. She merely played the welcoming party in "Heaven" looking like an evil Mary Poppins. ( I love that look to be honest! I love it)

Quote:
It's true though that Missy was doing evil things for what she believed was a good cause. I loved when 12 said (and the way he said it!), "Why are you doing this?!" Because he understood she actually thought she was being nice. That she was offering him a gift. It was just in a really ****ed up way.
And even after all that, the Doctor still counts Missy/Master as a"friend". Had his confession dial sent to her. She's his friend, someone who knew his before he ran away. I think the Doctor still see's the friend he used to have buried in all that madness.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 01-17-2016 at 11:52 PM
Old 01-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think missy is evil but she cares for the doctor so she reels it in .. and the doctor has a soft spot for her shes his annoying friend that he l o ves to hate
Old 01-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they were friends and the Master did occasionally have an evil plan which ended up with him working with the Doctor to stop.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread