Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that anyone who wants to meet him get a chance to. Which includes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
YES!!! I have met The Peter Capaldi! lol!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to talk with him seeing as the day he was at AwesomeCon 2016, he was on there for ONE DAY! And his line was INSANE!!! I mean totally bonkers!! IT took me all day to get his auto because of all the people, and good hour and a half to get my photo op with him! lol! BUT IT WAS A DAY WELL SPENT!! I MET PETER!!! hahaha~
That's great.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I at least got to get his auto, and a photo op with him! So the day was AWESOME none the less, even though I had to wait in long lines !LOL! But that is Con Life !LOL!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I at least got to get his auto, and a photo op with him! So the day was AWESOME none the less, even though I had to wait in long lines !LOL! But that is Con Life !LOL!
Yeah, long lines is definitely part of con life.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
My son and I were at the same con -- Awesome Con 2016 . We spent our ENTIRE day in one line or another. We made sure to get all the other autographs we wanted on Saturday, but since Peter/Jenna were only there Sunday, we were in line all day Sunday. We didn't get a photo op with Peter ... but we DID get both his and Jenna's autographs. He was amazing with my son -- we talked at length with him and he was so warm, caring, and genuine. The con was pretty disorganized that day ... the panel was delayed and then cut short, stuff got rushed, the autograph line was a disaster, etc. Felt bad for Peter and Jenna, but even though Peter was probably completely exhausted he was kind to everybody and stayed long after he was scheduled to in order to ensure people who'd already paid for his autograph got it.

Here's how he entered the autograph line (well, the first one ... before it got moved to a separate area of the con): with a cheerful wave, his shades, and a smile.

Peter Capaldi Arrives At Awesome Con

I hope he comes back next year to Awesome Con. Would love to meet him again!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 07-11-2017 at 01:08 AM
Old 07-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Peter sounds so awesome!!

Wow!! That is a lot of people waiting. How do their hands not fall off having to sign their name so many times
Old 07-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He really does.

Thanks for posting those, Lindsay.

Quote:
I can imagine.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Peter is AWESOME!!! I got to watch him talking with Fans who got to get his auto at the regular signing and he was so GREAT!!!

I'm gonna miss him so much!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Here's how he entered the autograph line (well, the first one ... before it got moved to a separate area of the con): with a cheerful wave, his shades, and a smile.

Peter Capaldi Arrives At Awesome Con

I hope he comes back next year to Awesome Con. Would love to meet him again!
This is amazing. SDCC will be thrilled to have him there.

Quote:
bbcdoctorwhoWhat was your favourite episode in series 10?
Peter Capaldi #behindthescenes of The Pilot!
#DoctorWho #whovian #TARDIS

Old 07-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Peter is AWESOME!!! I got to watch him talking with Fans who got to get his auto at the regular signing and he was so GREAT!!!
I'm gonna miss him so much!
Completely agree with all of this. He was such a great guy when we saw him, so friendly, kind, and social with everybody. Truly amazing and I'm going to miss him .

For those who don't know ... there's a HUGE fan project going on to thank him. Letters, pictures, etc are going to be compiled into a giant scrapbook and sent to him as a giant "thank you for all you've done" from the DW fandom.

I wish him all the best on his future projects. He's a spectacular actor. Here's a clip of him in a powerful scene as Randall Brown in "The Hour." Randall has just found out about a loss that hits him hard to the core.

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Completely agree with all of this. He was such a great guy when we saw him, so friendly, kind, and social with everybody. Truly amazing and I'm going to miss him .
I was at a prime spot to be watching Peter, so I wasn't so bummed to be in line! lol! He was just... OMG! A truly amazing human being!

I remember seeing this child in a wheel chair, and Peter came around the table to interact with the child! (at least I assume it was a child)!! The man was all smiles!

I did feel so sorry for him though, he and Jenna had been in Texas the two days prior for Dallas Con. And like Donna mentioned, Peter and Jenna stayed late after the Con to get to everyone they didn;t get to during the regularly scheduled signing. A friend of mine who was at Dallas Con told me, that Peter and Jenna stayed late Saturday night signing too.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
For those who don't know ... there's a HUGE fan project going on to thank him. Letters, pictures, etc are going to be compiled into a giant scrapbook and sent to him as a giant "thank you for all you've done" from the DW fandom.
That is so cool! I love that people are doing that
Old 07-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Awww, this is great.

Quote:
I wish him all the best on his future projects. He's a spectacular actor. Here's a clip of him in a powerful scene as Randall Brown in "The Hour." Randall has just found out about a loss that hits him hard to the core.
This was the first show I've ever seen Peter in before he did The Musketeers and then eventually DW.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's great.

Quote:
I really need to watch The Hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
This was the first show I've ever seen Peter in before he did The Musketeers and then eventually DW.
I think the first thing I saw Peter in was an episode of Hercule Poirot.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

DW is the only thing I have seen Peter in. But he did such an amazing job that now I want to see some of his other stuff as well
Old 07-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
DW is the only thing I have seen Peter in. But he did such an amazing job that now I want to see some of his other stuff as well
You should check out his role on the BBC Musketeers! He was really good in that !LOL!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread