Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2019, 06:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can remember reading an interview with John about a year ago , he said he would jump at the chance to reprise his role as Captain Jack in Torchwood (as well as Doctor Who) , but one person was against it(he didn't say who) , and while ever that person was against it , there was no chance of it coming back anytime soon .
Old 02-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul W (View Post)
I can remember reading an interview with John about a year ago , he said he would jump at the chance to reprise his role as Captain Jack in Torchwood (as well as Doctor Who) , but one person was against it(he didn't say who) , and while ever that person was against it , there was no chance of it coming back anytime soon .
Yeah he has been saying it for years that he wanted to come back .. I hate that they won't let him
Old 02-21-2019, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Honesty? That 4th season was god-awful. That crossover event made no sense and they didn't even incorporate it with the show. I hated Jack after he killed his own grandson and broke his daughter. I think Gwen was the way she was because on some level, she was in love with Jack. I like JB better as Malcolm Merlyn because Jack was tortured and wanted to be seen as the good guy,even when he screwed up. Malcolm did not give a and he was who he was. Unless they come up with new characters that aren't annoying as hell and a rip-off of Gwen and Jack, I won't watch season 5. For me,it all ended having Toshiko and Owen died.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Honesty? That 4th season was god-awful. That crossover event made no sense and they didn't even incorporate it with the show. I hated Jack after he killed his own grandson and broke his daughter. I think Gwen was the way she was because on some level, she was in love with Jack. I like JB better as Malcolm Merlyn because Jack was tortured and wanted to be seen as the good guy,even when he screwed up. Malcolm did not give a and he was who he was. Unless they come up with new characters that aren't annoying as hell and a rip-off of Gwen and Jack, I won't watch season 5. For me,it all ended having Toshiko and Owen died.
see i loved season 3 one of the best tv series as a whole , yes the endind was so heart broken and harsh , i wished we saw the repercussions of that to .

season 4 was aweful , i didnt mind not having teh others i loved gwen , jack adn ianto
Old 02-24-2019, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

After Ianto died, it was done. I didn't give two s**ts about Esther and that obnoxious . Season 3 had flaws because they didn't take the crossover into account and some of the characters were annoying as hell. If they ever do a season 5,they need to make sure it's not in America. American versions of British stuff always suck.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
After Ianto died, it was done. I didn't give two s**ts about Esther and that obnoxious . Season 3 had flaws because they didn't take the crossover into account and some of the characters were annoying as hell. If they ever do a season 5,they need to make sure it's not in America. American versions of British stuff always suck.
you didnt like children of the earth?

and i agree keep it UK please
Old 02-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

I did,but there were certain things I didn't like about it. Some of the minor characters made me want to scratch my nails across a chalkboard, what Jack did was abominable and they didn't take the crossover into account.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I did,but there were certain things I didn't like about it. Some of the minor characters made me want to scratch my nails across a chalkboard, what Jack did was abominable and they didn't take the crossover into account.
cross over with DW?? yeah jack did the unthinkable
Old 04-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Graphics Team

I have to disagree, American versions of things aren't always awful. Sometimes they are, but other times I really enjoy them. *cough* Being Human

I liked all of the seasons of Torchwood. I loved season 4! Which is probably an unpopular opinion as I know a ton of people didn't like it, but whatever Each to their own. I loved it!
Only thing is.. I wasn't too keen on the new characters.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
cross over with DW?? yeah jack did the unthinkable
Yeah. Remember on S4, when everyone was gathering together? Gwen and Ianto were there and she talked to Rhys on the phone. People don't automatically know who she is or who she's talking to. I knew because my friends had mentioned Torchwood, but I hadn't started watching yet. I didn't know she was talking to Rhys.

I despised the new American characters in S4. Mekhi was really rude, obnoxious and negative and the other woman was a bizarre version of Gwen. It's a shame because I like that actress.

Being Human was good-I watched Season One. It's one of the few instances where the American version worked. The Office is also a good example, but I mean, you can probably count on one hand which ones are. If you get lucky, two.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
I have to disagree, American versions of things aren't always awful. Sometimes they are, but other times I really enjoy them. *cough* Being Human

I liked all of the seasons of Torchwood. I loved season 4! Which is probably an unpopular opinion as I know a ton of people didn't like it, but whatever Each to their own. I loved it!
Only thing is.. I wasn't too keen on the new characters.
see you can like it and i loved the american version of the office

Quote:
Yeah. Remember on S4, when everyone was gathering together? Gwen and Ianto were there and she talked to Rhys on the phone. People don't automatically know who she is or who she's talking to. I knew because my friends had mentioned Torchwood, but I hadn't started watching yet. I didn't know she was talking to Rhys.

I despised the new American characters in S4. Mekhi was really rude, obnoxious and negative and the other woman was a bizarre version of Gwen. It's a shame because I like that actress.

Being Human was good-I watched Season One. It's one of the few instances where the American version worked. The Office is also a good example, but I mean, you can probably count on one hand which ones are. If you get lucky, two.
yeah i didnt enjoy S4 as much , yeah i feel with this show you need to know who is who first
Old 04-13-2019, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

I loved Donna,but bringing Torchwood in was stupid. Jack didn't even mention he was bringing reinforcements.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I loved Donna,but bringing Torchwood in was stupid. Jack didn't even mention he was bringing reinforcements.
to which bit?
Old 04-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
to which bit?
Where we see Gwen and Ianto fighting. Torchwood never even acknowledged that time.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Where we see Gwen and Ianto fighting. Torchwood never even acknowledged that time.
Oh I don't remember them fighting why did they fight again ?