Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn’t as thrilled with this episode as the last because it felt really, really rushed to me.

I did however love:

MARTHA! Martha! She is so great. I loved Martha on DW because she played perfectly off the Doctor after Rose’s departure and she was very real. I loved that she and Jack had this cheeky banter and that they actually discussed the Doctor without mentioning him by name (of course). She totally lived to her awesomeness from the S3 finale. Yay her!

Gwen and Martha. I liked that they got on. I was worried that they’d butt heads or not get on but they were very friendly and warm to each other. I love how Gwen lied about wanting Jack and how Jack knew they were talking about him…”alien fauna” indeed.

Ianto and Martha. I did like that teasing about Jack and Ianto’s sex life and the UNIT cap. I love the little expectant look she gave him. He looked so flushed, poor woobie.

Owen and Tosh. They made a date, a proper date…awww…

Jack’s subtle mention of the Master. Is it wrong to wish Simm will at some point be back? I don’t know how but in some way.

What I didn’t like:

Owen’s death. WTF!? Seriously RTD, seriously?! I’ve had my issues with Owen but he was always an interesting character and had so much development left. I had just completely got on board with him at the beginning of this season since he seemed to have grown and settled. Why? Why? Why?

Poorly used Alan Dale. He is such a good actor and I was really looking forward to his appearance because I expected him to get some serious time to show about and be cool. He was like a mindless baddie, what was the point of importing him for something so banal?

Looking forward to Dead Man Walking but I'm hoping Owen's death turns out to be a dream, reversible, something...
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

So I don't know this episode kind of creeps me out, just because I know what happens at the end, but I LOVED the Dabbling bit and the Oh you are so warped bit.

yeah most definitely knowing about it didn't make it any easier to watch. Not one bit.

I hate when TV shows make me cry.

Nicole
bubandgeek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is a very intense and creepy episode. And I liked Ianto to Tosh about being warped. She is a bit, her cool calm exterior and scientific mind does make her a bit detached when it comes to people who aren't on the team.

Ah, no...no tears.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

At least Graham Norton is on right afterwards, so I was laughing within a matter of minutes

It's an unsettling episode. I just have a feeling that 6 and 7 should have been aired together. That way it wouldn't have felt completely rushed or maybe this could have been a two-parter.

Nicole
Old 03-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

OWEN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i feel so sorry for Tosh

just when she FINALLY got a date with Owen and he just HAD to go and get himself killed.

WHY RTD WHY!!!

I was meant to be ruled by Loki.
GodBlessTheFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Total Fan

RTD DOES like to rip out our hearts!
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

...and stomp on them before attempting to put them back together all wrong. He excels at that.

I'm always hoping that Tosh will get the guy, keep the guy and get out of stuff without her heart broken.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
I'm always hoping that Tosh will get the guy, keep the guy and get out of stuff without her heart broken.

Yeah I always hope that too, but let's face it it'll probably never happen. Tosh is just going to be this lonely character who can never get a guy

Nicole
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Poor Tosh. Now I'm all upset about poor Tosh. And those Mayflies were kinda creepy looking. I'm not an insecty sort of person.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah the insects things creep me out as well. I was watching those parts with one eye closed

Nicole
Old 03-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Total Fan

Now I’M All upset about Tosh now!

What freaked me out about the Mayflies is that when they all came out of that girl if they'd breathed in even ONE! *shudders*
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can always sympathize with Tosh and her quiet ways, she jsut gets trampled too often, poor dear.

Yeah, I don't want to think about breathing in even one. That guy in the chair...*shudders*
Reply   Post New Thread