Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Torchwood 2x06 "Reset" Episode Discussion

RESET

Quote:
Captain Jack calls in Martha Jones to investigate mysterious deaths. When the trail leads to a sinister medical testing centre Martha must go undercover. But have Torchwood underestimated how far the testing centre will go to find medical breakthroughs?

Dir: Ashley Way
NOTE: this episode airs on February 13th on BBC3, directly after 2x05 airs on BBC2. It airs again on BBC2 next week, on the 20th of Feb.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

I just got emailed about the ending so I watched it on iplayer, now I don't think I'll be watching the rest of it.

Torchwood is dead to me.

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 02-13-2008 at 04:03 PM
SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
New Fan

WHAT?
WHAT JUST HAPPENED ON MY TV SCREEN?!

Oh my days.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Love You Link (View Post)
Spoiler:
WHAT?!!!! Becca WHAT?!

I cant believe I have to wait until I finish work to see this! DAMN! its only 9.30am now!!!
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

poor Tosh...she hasn't had an easy time of it tonight...not that anybody remmbers what happened with Adam.

27...that's no age to die...

and Torchwood needs a bastard to balance out the team.

Martha and Ianto's conversation about Jack was just hilarious though

Ianto said Jack is innovative in bed....yeah I bet he is...51st century guys FTW
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Awww NOOOOOOO!
BeMyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uhm. What. I. I can't. My brain. Does not compute?!??!!!

Seriously... WHAT?!

Am I the only one who thinks they'll bring him back to life though? They must! They can't lose Owen, that would make NO sense and just... NO. They wouldn't show him in the next episode if they weren't going to bring him back, would they??

Uhhhhh. Yeah. More coherent thoughts about the rest of the episode later...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm at a total loss for words. Owen is my favorite =(. And he was becoming all nice and just about to go out with Tosh! Thankfully, this is a SciFi show and I'm going to pray to RTD, even though he's made me cry 473294723 times over the past seasons of TW and DW.

But, it was a great episode. Fast-paced, exciting, and all the team members were important and played a role.

The bad thing about having two episodes in a row is I guess there's not a new episode next week?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Although I'm not a huge Doctor Who fan, I REALLY liked Martha & the role she played

Did anyone else get the feeling that there isn't much room for Gwen AND Martha though? Although their scene near the beginning when they were talking about Jack was cool
BeMyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

%&#@!! What?! Oh no they didn't! They can't!!
What just happened?

OK, with less hysterics, lets go from the start.

How cute is Ianto reading in the tourist office?

Welcome Martha!!! !!!

Loved that Jack/Martha scene!
"Do you miss him?" ..."...only a bit."
She's come a long way, I'm glad to see she's doing so well!
"Yes M'am. Whatever you say, M'am. Huh!"

So...Gwen apparently doesn't want Jack? Did anyone tell the writers?
"Oi! Are you talking about me?"

at Owen almost shooting Ianto with that alien tech! Ianto's face!!! Oh it slayed me!!

Owen/Martha lab scene with Gorillaz playing was kinda hot!
They make a good team.

Jones/Jones scene!! I've been praying for this!
They both look so hot in those suits!
"Spoilsport." Hee.
"So, Jack asked me if I can find you a UNIT cap to wear." "*high pitched* Did he?!"
"Well, red is my colour."
Oh yeah it is!! Loving this shirt/tie combo!
"We dabble." "Yeah?" "Yeah. " ""
That whole scene FTW!!!!!
I'm highly amused with all the gossiping about Janto sex life this season!

"Yeah, you have to wear them everywhere!" "I'll just keep my eyes shut."
Hee, they are both so cheeky.

Tosh/Owen!!!
Awkward, shy, and so damn cute!! They're going on a date!!

Ha! I love Weevil interrogation technique!
EW!!!! I did not need that Alien scene. Gross.

Heh, loved Tosh/Ianto scene when he compliments her on her plan on how to get into the Pharm!

Yay to Jack threatening people! It's hot!

Oi, Owen, are you sure about that thing?
Yay it worked!!

Martha has a boyfriend! Please say it's Tom Milligan!

OWEN!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!

Shoot the SOB Jack!!

They can't kill Owen dammit!!!
What did Martha inject him with?

This is not good.

Trailer for the next episode is heart breaking.

(This is a bit squeeful and random, because I'm copy/pasting my reaction from my LJ from 5 AM this morning. )
Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

does anyone know where i can find a transcript of this episode?

"…This is my bo-ho rocker, artist, mid-week, take-a-deep-breathe-and-pout look" -Angela Montenegro
.:Crzychick:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 AM
New Fan

I've heard from various people that Owen will be brought back, but I'm not sure how reliable their sources are.
He must come back! It's sci-fi! *cries*
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I have to admit, I wasn't really sad about Owen I just never really liked him

But I did like Martha being part of the crew.
And her talk with Ianto Awesome!

What I don't really get though is why Martha and Jack do not talk about the Doctor
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Total Fan

First off… I LOVE MARTHA JONES! How freakin awesome is she (not being all mopey over The Doctor!)

I was SO excited for this episode! And the ending… well I’ll get to that at the end!

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Martha’s in DW, but I LOVED the idea of her in TW, and she DID NOT disappoint AT ALL! In fact everything that I wanted to happen happened!

We got references to what happened in DW, not only with Jack/Martha with was all Jack was SO happy to see her! And I think they both needed to be able to talk/joke about what they had been through. Also with Jack mentioning his last run in with a politician.

I loved their talk about the Doctor, and that I truly believe what Martha said, that although she does miss him a little bit, she doesn’t regret not travelling with him. And I think Jack can relate as well… because he chose to be with his team instead of travelling with him.

Tosh and Owen seemed wary of Martha, Ianto seemed to know about her before she arrived and Gwen warmed up to her right away.

Okay, so Martha was WIN, she riled up Owen, got Ianto to open up and Jack was just genuinely happy I was about Jacks jaw line comment, and “once seen, always yearned for” It didn’t help that it was 12.30am and I was staying up late to watch it!

How cool were the contacts!

The Scene with the Joneses! THAT IS WHAT I WAS PRAYING FOR! And I didn’t get disappointed!
Wonderful interaction and MARTHA got the confirmation that they have been having hot “Innovative / avant-garde” Sex

Tosh/Owen…. I liked how this ep, just like in the last ep there was a declaration of feelings. And this is where in the last episode I think that the note that went with the flowers was written in Owens handwriting and that is why he agreed to give it a go.

I hope that Martha’s BF is Tom, and her reference to him saving her was about the year which didn’t happen

And then… OWEN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SO not what I ever expected to happen… but you just know he’s got to come back… and I’m looking forward to seeing how.

End Notes:

I thought that there was some foreshadowing happening about what was going to happen with Owen… I know there were a couple of things, but the only one I can remember now, is when Martha arrives and she explains to Owen that she is there to finish HIS Autopsy.. then we have the scene for next week *weaps* 27… too young

And at Ianto's reaction to Owen blowing that thing up next to him! his expression! PRICELESS!
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread