Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Torchwood 2x04 "Meat" Episode Discussion

Meat
Written by Catherine Tregenna

Quote:
Rhys discovers the truth about Torchwood and becomes part of the team as they investigate a mysterious alien meat supply. With Rhys in increasing danger Gwen is under pressure like never before. Will Rhys go too far? Will Jack ask too much of him? And can Torchwood save the alien from being used as cheap meat?

Dir: Colin Teague
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Omgee...this sounds totally like an episode I'll love. Yay!
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It does sound like an amazing episode! I'm somehow extremely excited for this one - even more than usual and I'm always insanely excited I'm very curious to find out how the rest of the team's interaction with Rhys will be
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed it alot I have to say.

- I LOVE Gwen Cooper, I'm so glad she went against Jack's orders and refused to give Rhys the retcon pill, it shows her growth in character from last series, so yay for Gwen!

- Also love Rhys he's a sweetheart.

- Tosh/Owen!! first there was Tosh asking Owen out, which I think Owen didn't really understand she meant just them, bless him!
Then I loved the scene where she went up to him and comforted him, I love these two so much!

- Some definate Jack/Gwen there, poor Jack!

- Ianto got to be badass! yay.

- I loved that Jack went against Torchwood's normal thing and tried to save the creature, I was so sad for poor Owen for having to do that.

- I loved Rhys and Jack's interactions.
"This is quite homorotic"

-Next weeks trailer is wierd, but the first thing I noticed was Owen's dreadful haircut and dress sense .. methinks I'll have to watch that trailer again!

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

the episode finished about half an hour ago in the UK....it was so funny.

Spoiler:
Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
- I loved Rhys and Jack's interactions.
"This is quite homorotic"

I REALLY loved this ep... and I wasnt expecting to honestly.

Ianto - Ianto had so many hilarious one liners.... and I feel like its obvious that this is part of who he is... I mean, from season 1 and the "Life Knife" and "Risen Mitten" Ianto's napkin tucked in! and Yes, action man and the waistcoat.

I was expecting to dislike Gwen in this episode... but surprisingly I didnt. The looking at Jack when she was kissing Rhys was annoying... but I feel as if it was a bit of defiance as well on her part. and for her NOT retconning him,

Jack He was just HILARIOUS this ep... with the receptionist at Rhys's work yep... I just loved Jack this episode, he was brilliant!

Rhys, I loved him as well... asking Jack if he was gay... and I thought the scene right after that they seemed to have an understand... so in my mind Jack told him he was seeing a guy.

Tosh "We could feed the world!" Ianto "We could release a single"

Aww... My heart just went out to Tosh this ep... she was trying to reach out to Owen, figuratively and literally. And that scene at the end... the fact that Owen reached for her and took her support - Stef I bet you loved that right?

Oh but Owen! Owen, Owen, Owen.... could Tosh have BEEN any more obvious and could you have been any more OBLIVIOUS?!

But that scene where the worker was hacking into the creature...

All in all, I Loved this episode.... and yes... once again... surprisingly so!
There is probably SO much that I have missed, OH! the smile on Ianto when Tosh was talking about them all being single, and then the focus in on Jack...

Okay I'll stop now
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just got to see it, LOVED it!

"Do I show off?"
"Just a bit."
.. "This is quite homoerotic."

that was definitely my favourite bit, I laughed so hard!

Oh Owen, OPEN YOUR EYES! it was almost adorable how clueless he was, if I hadn't been feeling so sorry for poor Tosh. But the end with her comforting him, that was SO sweet. I love these two

I loved Gwen in this episode, I also love that she didn't retcon Rhys. Good for you, Gwen!

And awwwww Jack! Some of those looks he was giving Gwen were SO sad!

And IANTO!! I love it that he got to be badass and he was just all around amazing. I love him so!

I also thought it was nice to see Ianto & Owen on some missions together, especially because we talked about that some time ago

Next week also looks SO GOOD! dorky!specs!Owen? evil!Ianto?? bring it on!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Rhys FTW!!
How awesome was he in this episode?!
Loved that he found out.
Loved how he followed Gwen and managed to lie his way into getting a job.
Loved how he confronted her. Amazing scene - loved all the yelling.
Loved his reaction to the Hub.
Loved how he pwned Jack when he was being a show-off.
Loved how he wanted to be part of the team.
Loved how he took to bullet for Gwen.
Loved how he was all excited about knowing the truth during that ice cream scene.
He. Was. Damn. Perfect!!

I was pissed at Gwen at first, especially during that "There's only one [sexy man] from where I sit" scene where she's kissing Rhys but looking at Jack.
But I think that this episode helped her to realize how much she loves Rhys and how much he means to her.
I loved that she refused to retcon him, and how she said she'd rather leave Torchwood. Good on you Gwen. You have a great guy at home, it was about time you realized that.

What was with Jack in this episode? He was kinda emo.
He really didn't want to bring anyone else in and tell them about TW, did he? He was a show off with Rhys.
I really think he's afraid Gwen might leave one day. And that last scene just proved it to him.
I don't think he's in love with her. I think he loves all of them on the team, and he needs his little family to stay together because everyone brings something to the group.

And how emo was he with the alien whale? He almost cried! And that whole "What have they done to you my poor friend." and the end bit when the whale was dieing - he sounded a bit like the Doctor. Anyone else thinks so?

Poor alien whale.
On man, did they have to make it cry like that.
And those bastards cut into him!!

At least Ianto got to kick some of their arses!
How awesome was Ianto?!
I swear, Bourne and Bond have nothing on him in this episode.
And he looked so good while kicking ass - I freakin' love that coat!!
Plus, he's really good with getting out of bondage, eh? Practice?

Loved the little smile, and looks Jack/Ianto exchanged when Tosh said they are all sad and single. Right. Are they keeping it from the team?

On different relationship...
WTF, what was with return of series 1 Tosh, who swoons over Owen? It was so awkward!
Owen, you blind idiot. I'm not even sure he was being an ass with ignoring her, it really felt like he didn't get it in this episode.
Loved the last scene - with her hand on his shoulder.

Funny parts:
Owen having meat feast pizza, and picking the meat parts off the pizza.

"Have you ever eaten alien meat?"
"Yeah."
"What was it like?"
"He seemed to enjoy it."

!
This is so getting cut for that kiddie version. And I so knew he would say that!

"If we understood how it worked, we could feed the world."
"We can release a single."

!
I you Ianto!

"This is quite homoerotic."
No Jack, you can not have threesome with Gwen and Rhys.

"Guess who'll have to look after it in the mean time."
"I'll stock up on plankton."

!!
If Jack and Ianto ever break up, can I date him?

"Just wish you'd been uglier. Not gay by any chance, are you?"
*snicker*
Don't go there Rhys...

And what's with such spoilery trailer for next week?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Loved the episode, too
The show is getting better and better and I especially loved Ianto's one-liners, him being a total badass and Jack showing off

And when they were talking about the meat in the beginning and Ianto says the pizza has arrived
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Owen, you blind idiot. I'm not even sure he was being an ass with ignoring her, it really felt like he didn't get it in this episode.
Loved the last scene - with her hand on his shoulder.
I really don't think he was, he seems to be past that, I think he really was just oblivious.

If I was Tosh I'd swoon over Owen ...yep I'm biased me.

I'm not liking Jack all that much this season, he's just too shouty and is acting like a bit of a git to everyone, and imo Owen and Ianto totally own the humour.

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ianto owns me after this ep....just completely owns me...and I'm sure I'll only get worse when I finally catch up with season one. I only saw the pilot and the two-part finale.

*ducks to avoid the rocks being thrown*
Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Love You Link (View Post)
Ianto owns me after this ep....just completely owns me...and I'm sure I'll only get worse when I finally catch up with season one. I only saw the pilot and the two-part finale.

*ducks to avoid the rocks being thrown*
*hides from YOU!*

I've been really lazy... but I PROMISE I'm sending them off to you on Monday!
I had it all ready.... and then I lost the dvds

But yes, How awesome was Ianto this ep all action! and yes! we got to see him and Owen work together again!

Quote:
What was with Jack in this episode? He was kinda emo.
He really didn't want to bring anyone else in and tell them about TW, did he? He was a show off with Rhys.
I really think he's afraid Gwen might leave one day. And that last scene just proved it to him.
I don't think he's in love with her. I think he loves all of them on the team, and he needs his little family to stay together because everyone brings something to the group.

And how emo was he with the alien whale? He almost cried! And that whole "What have they done to you my poor friend." and the end bit when the whale was dieing - he sounded a bit like the Doctor. Anyone else thinks so?
Thinking about it, Yes he did! and he WAS kinda emo
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

There's no need to hide from me...you haven't changed your name to Vinnie have you?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did really love this episode.

I love J/G so all of the angst and UST for them really got to me. I never do like my couples easy. I get the feeling from both this episode and the last that the show is trending away from Jack and Gwen and into Jack and Ianto which doesn’t truly appeal to me beyond looks but at least if that does happen we’ll have tons of UST to keep us busy forever.

Anywho, this was the first time in a long time I’ve liked Rhys. He really is a nice guy, and the stuff between he and Jack was so funny. The homoerotic moment made me laugh out loud. I also liked their conversation in the car about Gwen and that it would be easier if Jack were gay. Hehe.

Ianto really was kick butt in this episode. I love how snarky and action hero-y he is this season. I always loved him but he just keeps getting better and better.

When Jack looked at the creature he’s comment did sound vaguely like something the Doctor would say but I felt okay about it. Jack really showed his heart here and you would think that having spent so much time with the Doctor that maybe something would have rubbed off. I love that vulnerable side of Jack

So we get a way spoilery trailer...and Grey...hmmm...
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Zia
New Fan

I really loved this episode, and it's the first Torchwood episode I've said that about. I watched the first few episodes from the first season and thought they were OK, but I wasn't overly excited and stopped watching, but decided I would try again this year, and now I'm really glad I did!

Ianto made me laugh out loud, lots. And I'm beginning to really love Tosh/Owen.

If it's as good as if for the rest of the season, I might have to go back and watch the S1.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread