Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Torchwood 2x01 "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" Episode Discussion

KISS KISS, BANG BANG
Written by Chris Chibnall

Quote:
Captain Jack returns, as the Torchwood team reunite to fight a rogue Time Agent. The mysterious Captain John Hart is determined to wreak havoc, and needs to find something hidden on Earth. But with Gwen's life in danger, and cluster bombs scattered across the city, whose side is Jack on?

Dir: Ashley Way

In this thread it's fair game to discuss anything and everything about this episode without spoiler tags once it has aired on BBC2 on Wednesday the 16th of January, 9 pm. Please keep all spoilers to a minimum on the general Torchwood thread until it has also aired on BBC America, on January the 26th. Thanks guys!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.
I. Can't. Wait.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cris! good to see you here again

I can't wait either can it pleeeeaaaaseeee be tonight now?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Woah, I have to say I loved that.

- Captain John was definately a highlight, he made me laugh a lot, almost made me feel sorry for him on a few occasisons, despite the fact he's a bit of a psychopath and not to mention looks fetching in that outfit, I thought JM's accent was a bit dodgy in places, but I'll forgive him because it was an overall awesome performace.

- Owen is once again my favourite TW member, I'm now rooting for him and Tosh to get together, I loved the scene they had together, and I love Tosh too as Cap'n John says "Brains AND beauty"

- I actually quite liked Ianto and even his scenes with Jack, which annoyed me about S1 because I thought it was inconsistent characterization, but I may even enjoy them this season.

- Loved the reference to Jack finding HIS doctor (what? I'm still a Doctor/Jack shipper) and Jack's "How can you fix this level of perfection" when Gwen asked, haha.

- Jack/Gwen is so not over that scene was way to telling, I'm looking forward to seeing what peoples excuses for why there will never be anything between them.

I need to watch it again, because all I focused on was the shippy stuff, which I have a bias for, I have to admit.

Oh, and the trailer for episodes to come was AWESOME.

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

(Ok So I've never posted her before, I'm sorry! But I have to Squee about this episode!!)

OMG SO AWESOME! I really need to see it again because I'm still all OMG SQUEE! Hahaha. Captain John was brilliant, I love the back story between him and Jack. But mostly I loved all the jealous twitchy looks Ianto kept giving John and Jack Oh Ianto. XD
Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
New Fan

CAPTAIN JOHN. <3
Owen/Tosh
Jack/Gwen
Ianto's snarky little looks.

Oh I loved it. I need to watch again!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh yes! Owen/Tosh! I hope Tosh get's Owen like she always wanted, though I'm a bit worried for her. Owen's never shown any regard for her feelings before

Ohoh! Also. Gray!?!!?? Who do you all think he is?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
New Fan

Tosh is so sweet. When Owen was all "Touch her again and I'll kill you!" or w/e I was like eeeee *air punch*

ok the Gray thing, I honestly have no idea. Kid? Brother?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elethoniel (View Post)
Oh yes! Owen/Tosh! I hope Tosh get's Owen like she always wanted, though I'm a bit worried for her. Owen's never shown any regard for her feelings before
Owen wouldn't be Owen if he wasn't a bit inconsiderate to other people remember "I torture people in happy relationships" but I think he definately cares about her, so who knows.

I'm not sure about Gray, but should be good, I love how Jack just goes "nothing!" he's back to lying again, typical.

My favourite part of the trailer:
Spoiler:

Old 01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!

what an amazing episode, I loved EVERYTHING about it!

James as Captain John was so amazing. I loved him. (AND HE WAS SO SPIKE-LIKE! )

And really, they somehow found ways to make all the shippers happy! Which works out great for me, because I practically ship everyone on this show I loved Ianto's jealous looks towards John, and then the whole bit where Jack asked him out on a date but I also loved the Jack/Gwen scenes, though I thought the "Tell Jack..." scene at the end was a bit much. (I sort of expected her to say "Oh.. he knows.." ) and aww Owen/Tosh! I do hope they get together, she really deserves it, she wants it so much.

By the way, was I the only one who kept thinking 'JUST CUT HIS ARM OFF, HE'S GOING TO EXPLODE ANYWAY' when John and Gwen were cuffed together?

and wow, Gray. I can't wait to find out more about that.

And the trailer literally slayed me, I was expecting just a few scenes from the next episode but WOW! That was awesome I am so so so excited for the rest of the season! It looks like it's going to be so good
Old 01-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

I too am a multi shipper with this show, as long as Jack doesn't go monogamous, then I'm fine with everything.

Yeah that "Tell Jack.." was a little cheesy but with this show I'll forgive it, but those were two huge anvils to hint Jack/Gwen, which I'm always fine with.

I think the entire cast is hilarious, I hope we get more funny episodes like this, they rock them.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys! The episode was amazing, loved it!!

I loved all of Ianto's looks and snarkiness and Jack asking him out on a date, I also liked the moment between Gwen and Jack. Jack just has chemistry with everyone!

Loved Captain John, great to see James Marsters, he was quite Spike like which is a good thing in my opinion. The whole kissing then fight thing between him and Jack was kinda hot!

I was never much of an Owen fan, but liked him in this ep, think I am gonna grow to like him a lot more in this series. Especially if something happens with Tosh.

The trailer was unbelievable and of course we have been left with the mystery of Gray can't wait to see what happens next.

Quote:
My favourite part of the trailer:

Spoiler:
Ianto: It's all over
Owen: Let's all have Sex
Ianto: and I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse
Mine too

~Ellie~
JDZachfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

from SFX
(thanks to Simon for finding the article)

Thursday January 17, 2008
Torchwood ratings

"Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang", the first episode of Torchwood to premier on BBC2, was watched by 3.7 million viewers, according to overnight figures, with a 14.8% audience share, and coming fourth in its timeslot. That’s a very respectable figure for BBC and should see the show in the channel‘s top 10 for the week.

For comparison, the Top 5 final figures for BBC2 for the week ending 6 Jan was as follows:

1 THREE MEN IN ANOTHER BOAT (WED) 3.96 million
2 THREE MEN IN ANOTHER BOAT (TUE) 3.80 million
3 THE NATURAL WORLD (FRI) 3.33 million
4 THE WEAKEST LINK (FRI) 3.20 million
5 THE BEST OF TOP GEAR (SUN) 3.09 million

So far this week on BBC2 only Louis Theroux Behind Bars, has scored higher, with 5.5 million on Sunday. Overnight figures are usually lower than final figures, so "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" may end up with a few hundred thousand more (but that's no certainty). The opening episode of season one, "Everything Changes" pulled in 2.52 million viewers on BBC3 last year, while the BBC2 repeat showing scored 3.03 million (though that figure is an average of the first and second episodes shown in a double bill).

Also to note is that it was fourth in its timeslot: the footie on BBC1, Honest on ITV1 and Grand Designs on Channel 4 all beat it.

So, a good, solid, satisfying result, but not a mindblowing figure after all those trailers, though you have to factor in there are multiple repeats for people to choose from and there was a football match on the other side. The real test will be to see if the show retains viewers next week.

SFX readers have also given the new, revitalised a thumbs up. In an SFX Forum poll about the new episode over three quarters of voters rated the episode either good or excellent.
Berengaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

I wanted to know:

Spoiler:
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioGrl (View Post)
I wanted to know:

Spoiler:
You don't have to use spoiler tags for that in this thread and yes they do

Kate, thanks for bringing those figures over! As you said, not mindblowing, but still good
Reply   Post New Thread