Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Times & Chips | Doctor {David Tennant } & Rose {Billie Piper} #28: Because they are always together forever in Bad Wolf Bay.

banner by speak slow

Welcome to the 27th Appreciation Thread for
The Doctor & Rose Tyler

Doctor/Rose fans
1. speak slow
2. Johnnie
3. Mrs.Almeida
4. -Andie-
5. katrina87
6. chrissy1302
7. chittychitty
8. Fieryangel
9. kyrie08
10. SiriuslyPotter
11. Spike it up
12. stoptheqtip
13. Milo Maniac
14. Teriberri21
15. youvegotwings
16. protectthecats
17. JillyHalliwell
18. BookJunkie
19. Stefigus
20. dirty twin
21. JDZachfan
22. antisocial
23. karma killer
24. *~Sophia~*
25. DreamOn777
26. Leli1013
27. ~*Seth's_Secret_Sister*~
28. electricpeppers
29. SpySyd
30. kmgproductionz
31. One Winged Angel
32. Gallifrey Rose
33. LittleLoLo
34. MissLarkin
35. :jay:
36. laurendbs
37. bluevolvic
38. only_dreaming
39. shia&megan4ever
40. ~ Janet ~
41. KervyQT16
42. lunas_borednow
43. AAVaria
44. Ginevra_Girl
45. Elizabeth_88
46. Compulsive
47. ♥ Laura ♥
48. haykris
49. TearlessPhoenix
50. throwawaythekey
51. Englishmanjacob
52. chandelier2
53. huddyluv
54. Jazz
55. elki308
56. JJ-Isa
57. jackandchloerock
58. violetshadow85
59. Terpsichore
60. tvfreak
61. Scifi Goddess
62. Ford_Perfect
63. AllpinkAndYellow
64. shippercrazy
65. Leona1986
66. jakexpeyton
67. SmilinStar
68. germanJavaJunkie
69. lolohannah
70. fitbrit
71. Kaylee123
72. crazydaze
73. xoxcloud9xox
74. Ms X
75. K.Corinne
76. NikaDawson
77. BlackBird21
78. Let The Ball Drop
79. pink & white cookies
80. fozzy81
81. courtneybangelcakes
82. Scully_fan
83. coconut16
84. SaraLove8
85. sydvaughnfan
86. brookies
87. vicious_boy
88. SunnyHunny123456789
89. Leona1986
90. KoolKat101
91. Jemi♥Disney
92. TulieMajulie7
93. queentsarina
94. AngelicMouseGirl
95. abblette
96. xLook.A.Pandax
97. LaraCroft01
98. Cathangel
99. xmag
100. OTHlove1991
101. Hazel_B
102. KellyTaylorWalsh
103. sophiieniicole
104. nenettesara
105. totaca
106. PaperGirl
107. Mimmie
108. lisagslack14
109. Chrissalaugha
110. JamesScott23
111. MelanieErdelyi
112. Willow Fabian
113. DoctorWh0
114. CrashandBurn9
115. Kisara
116. BrainySmurfette
117. delenalove
118. clarkson_fan
119. TutorGirlx3
120. light me up
121. missy01missy
122. yourgirlfriday
123. Moonray13
124. Empty Handed
125. in.rainbows
126. Queen C
127. Ford07
128. hoopyfrood
129. Rita1516
130. sunnytyler001
131. memory91
132. MelBelle2
133. arakha
134. Wilpen
135. dlittleone
136. argivi
137. JaSam4Life
138. Bowtiesarecool
139. Amelias
140. TDARFSWR
141. ride the lightning
142. BlondieLeigh
143. ~Cydonia~
144. falls from the skies
145. Musickat18
146. BL.Arinna_1982
147. featurescollide
148. MaryMay
149. BreakFastinWonerland
150. SachaS44
151. hann
152. 4brathan&brucas
153. baelfire24
154. SiredToDamon
155. Regulus-Fan
156. kaylistacalypso
157. keroppi
158. Lawlessaholic
159. rubinredjaybird
160. Jon_Robb66
161. PureSummerMagic
162. breath we drew

If you want to be added, just shout out loud!

For all your Doctor/Rose needs...
Shipper Manifestos:
Nine/Rose pt 1[/URL]
Nine/Rose pt 2[/URL]
Ten/Rose[/URL]
Where to find fanfic:
Time and Chips @ LJ[/URL]
Oh She knows @ LJ[/URL]
Quite Right Too @ LJ[/URL]
Doctor Plus One @ LJ
Whofic.com
Inside the TARDIS
Abandon Innocence
Better with Two
Shiver and Shake
Need screencaps?
Demon-Cry
http://www.leavemethewhite.com/nioochtio/"]Jems' Caps
The Master List - Doctor Who's Tragical History Tour

Season 1 quotes:

The Doctor: I'm The Doctor, by the way. What's your name?
Rose: Rose.
The Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!
The Doctor: There was a war. And we lost.
Rose: A war with who? [The Doctor doesn't answer, seemingly lost in thought.] What about your people?
The Doctor: I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left travelling on my own cause there's no one else.
Rose: There's me.
Rose: But, it's like... think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once. Just once, and it's gone. It's finished. It'll never happen again. Except for you. [Beat] You can go back and see days that are dead and gone and a hundred thousand sunsets ago... no wonder you never stay still...
The Doctor: Not a bad life.
Rose: Better with two.
[Rose has picked out an outfit for Naples, 1890]
Rose: [giggling] Don't laugh.
The Doctor: Blimey! You look beautiful!
[Rose is very flattered]
The Doctor: Considering.

Rose: We'll go down fighting, yeah?
The Doctor: Yeah.
Rose: Together?
The Doctor: Yeah!
[They link hands.]
The Doctor: I'm so glad I met you.
Rose: Me too.
Rose Tyler: Then what are you waiting for?
The Doctor: I could save the world but lose you.
The Doctor: And I'm looking for a blonde in a Union Jack. A specific one, mind you, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving.
The Doctor: You just assume I don't... 'dance'.
Rose: [Amused] Are you telling me you do... 'dance'?
The Doctor: Been around 900 years, me. I think you can assume at some point I've ... danced.
Rose: Doesn't the universe implode or something if you... 'dance'?
The Doctor: Well, I've got the moves, but I wouldn't like to boast.
[Rose turns up the radio.]
Rose: You got the moves? Show me your moves.
The Doctor: [Unnerved.] Rose, I'm... trying to resonate concrete.
Rose: Jack'll get us out. Come on. The world doesn't end if the Doctor dances.

The Doctor: We were... talking about dancing.
Capt. Jack Harkness: Didn't look like talking.
Rose: Didn't feel like dancing.
Rose: My head...!
The Doctor: Come here...
Rose: It's killing me...!
The Doctor: I think you need a doctor. [he kisses her]
The Doctor: Rose, before I go, I just wanna tell you: you were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I!

Season 2 quotes:

Rose: DOCTOR!
[She throws the Doctor a new sword]
The Doctor: Oh, so I'm still The Doctor then?
Rose: No arguments from me!
Rose: [nervous] And what about you? What are you going to do next?
The Doctor: [surprised] Well... back to the TARDIS. Same old life.
Rose: [worried] What, on your own?
The Doctor: Why? Don't you want to come?
Rose: Well, yeah...
The Doctor: Do you, though?
Rose: [emphatic] Yeah!
The Doctor: I just thought... 'cos I'd changed...
Rose: [relieved] Yeah, I thought 'cos you'd changed... you might not want me any more.
The Doctor: Oh, no, I'd love you to come!
Rose: Okay!

The Doctor: Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York, which makes it New New New New New New...New New New New New...New New New New New York.
[Rose Laughs]
The Doctor: What?
Rose: You're so different.
The Doctor: New New Doctor.
The Doctor: [in a squeeky voice after being kissed by Rose/Cassandra] Yup, still got it.
Rose: Get out of him!
The Doctor/Cassandra: Oooh, he's slim. And a little bit foxy. [speaks suggestively to Rose] You thought so too. I've been inside your head. You've been looking... you like it!
Rose: I want her to say "we are not amused". I bet you five quid I can make her say it.
The Doctor: Well, if I gambled on that, it would be an abuse of my privilege as a traveler in time.
Rose: Ten quid?
The Doctor: Done.

Rose: I thought you and me were... Well obviously I got it wrong. I've been to the year 5 billion but this, this is really seeing the future, you just leave us behind. Is that what you are gonna do to me?
The Doctor: NO. Not to you.
[...]
The Doctor: I don't age. I regenerate. But humans decay. You wither and you die. Imagine watching that happen to someone who you...
Rose: what, Doctor?
The Doctor: You can spend the rest of your life with me... But I can't spend the rest of mine with you.
The Doctor: [hugging Rose] How long did you wait?
Rose: [giddy with relief] Five and a half hours!
The Doctor: Right, always wait five and a half hours.

The Doctor: [American drawl] You goin' my way, doll?
Rose: [mimicking American accent] Is there any other way to go daddy-o? Straight from the fridge man!
[Upon seeing the faceless Rose]
The Doctor: Rose...
Detective-Inspector Bishop: you know her?
The Doctor: KNOW her? She's...
[...]
The Doctor: They did what? They just took her face and left her in the street. And as a result, that makes things simple, very, very simple. You know why? Because now, Detective-Inspector Bishop, THERE IS NO POWER ON THIS EARTH THAT CAN STOP ME! Come on!

The Doctor: I'll have to get a house! With - with doors and carpets, can you imagine? Me, living in a house?
Rose: [singsong voice] You'll have to get a mortgage!
The Doctor: No.
Rose: Oh yes.
The Doctor: No. That's it, I'm dying, it is all over.
Rose: What about me? I'll have to get one too. Or - it could be the same one. We could...I don't know...share. (The Doctor stares at her) Or not, whatever.
The Doctor: Anyway.
Rose: Yeah, we'll see.
The Doctor: I promised Jackie I would always take you back home.
Rose: Everyone leaves home in the end.
The Doctor: Not to end up stuck here!
Rose: Yeah, well stuck with you, that's not so bad.
The Doctor: Yeah?
Rose: Yes.
The Doctor: If you talk to Rose... Tell her I..... oh, she knows.
The Doctor: I’ve seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods. And out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing, just one thing… I believe in HER.

Rose: [seeing cat] Oh! Aren't you a beautiful boy?
The Doctor: Thanks. I've been experimenting with back-combing.. [seeing cat] Oh.
The Doctor: You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.
Rose: Who's gonna hold his hand now?

Rose: You know what - they keep trying to split us up, but they never ever will.
The Doctor: Never say never ever.
Rose: Nah, we'll always be alright, you and me. [pause] Don't you think? Doctor?
The Doctor: Something in the air. Something's coming. [Beat] A storm's approaching...
The Doctor: How long are you going to stay with me?
Rose: Forever.

The Doctor: Once the breach is closed, that's it! You will never be able to see her again, your own mother!
Rose: I made my choice a long time ago, and I'm never going to leave you. So, what can I do to help?
Rose: Am I ever going to see you again?
The Doctor: You can't.
Rose: What are you going to do?
The Doctor: Back to the TARDIS. Same old life.
Rose: On your own?
Rose: I-....I love you.
The Doctor: Quite right too. [pause] And I suppose, if it's my last chance to say it... Rose Tyler... [transmission cuts, and the Doctor fades away]
Season 3 quotes:

The Doctor: Trust me
Donna: Is that what you said to her? Your friend, the one you lost? Did she trust you?
The Doctor: Yes, she did. And she is not dead, she is so alive. Now jump!
The Doctor: I spent Christmas day right over there, the Powell Estate. With this... family. My friend, she had this family. Well, they were m... Still. Gone now.
Donna: This friend of yours, what was her name?
The Doctor: [Tears in his eyes] Her name was Rose.
The Doctor: I had.. it was recently. A friend of mine. Rose, her name was. Rose. And... we were together. Anyway...
Martha: Where is she now?
The Doctor: With her family. Happy. She's fine. She's... NOT that you're replacing her!
The Doctor: Rose'd know. A friend of mine, Rose, right now she'd say exactly the right thing.
Carrionite: But your heart grows cold. The north wind blows, it carries down the distant... Rose!
The Doctor: Ohh big mistake! Cause that name keeps me fighting.
John Smith (aka human, amnesiac Doctor) dreams and writes in his Journal of Impossible Things:
"Perfect Rose" (repeated several times)

Jack: Just gotta ask. The Battle of Canary Wharf. I saw the list of the dead. It said Rose Tyler.
The Doctor: Oh no, sorry! She’s alive!
Jack: You’re kidding!
The Doctor: Parallel world. Safe and sound. And Mickey. And her mother.
Jack: Yes! [they hug]
Martha: Is that what happens, though? Seriously? You just get bored of us one day and disappear?
Jack: Not if you’re blonde.
Jack: What happened?
The Doctor: Rose.
Jack: I thought you sent her back home.
The Doctor: She came back. Opened the heart of the TARDIS and absorbed the time vortex itself.
Jack: What does that mean exactly?
The Doctor: No one’s ever meant to have that power.
The Doctor: If a Time Lord did that, he’d become a god. A vengeful god. But she was human. Everything she did was so human. She brought you back to life. But she couldn’t control it. She brought you back forever. That’s something I suppose. The final act of the Time War was life.
Jack: Think she can change me back?
The Doctor: I took the power out of her. She’s gone, Jack. She's not just living on a parallel world, she’s trapped there. The walls have closed.
Jack: I’m sorry.
The Doctor: Yep.
Jack: I went back to her estate. In the 90s. Just once or twice. Watched her growing up. Never said hello. Timelines and all that.
Season 4 quotes:
Donna: What about Rose?
The Doctor: Still lost.
Lucius: Doctor, she is returning.
The Doctor: Who is? Who is she?
The Doctor: Yeah... I had a friend who went to a different universe...
The Doctor: Rose Tyler Martha Jones Donna Noble TARDIS!

Rose: (breathless) What happened? What did they find? Sorry, did they find someone?
Donna: I don't know. Um, bloke called the Doctor or something.
Rose: Well, where is he?
Donna: They took him away. He's dead.
Rose stops and stares at her.
Donna: I'm sorry. Did you know him?
Rose looks away in utter dismay.
Donna: I mean... they didn't say his name... it could be any doctor.
Rose: I came so far...
Rose: There was a man. This wonderful man. And he stopped it. The Titanic, the Adipose, the ATMOS. He stopped them all from happening.
Donna: That... Doctor?
Rose: You knew him.
Donna: Did I? When?
Rose: I think you dream about him sometimes. It's a man in a suit. Tall, thin man, grrreat hair, some really great hair.
Donna: And it belonged to the Doctor?
Rose: He was a Time Lord. Last of his kind.
Donna: But if he was so special... what was he doing with me?
Rose: He thought you were brilliant.
Donna: Don't be stupid.
Rose: Yeah, you are. Just took the Doctor to show you that. Simply by being with him. He did the same to me. To everyone he touches.
Donna: Were you and him...?
Long, awkward silence...

Rose: It's in a state of flux.
Donna: What does that mean?!
Rose: I don't know... it's the sort of thing the Doctor would say!
Donna: She said the darkness is coming, even here.
The Doctor: (his attention caught) Who was she?
Donna: I don't know.
The Doctor: (already with his suspicions) What did she look like?
Donna: She was... (remembers Rose tucking a blonde hair behind her ear) ..blonde.
The Doctor: (quietly, with great restraint) What was her name?
Donna: I don't know!
The Doctor: (insistently, his voice trembling) Donna, what was her name?
Donna: (remembers Rose kneeling beside her on the road) But she told me... to warn you. She said... two words.
The Doctor: (quiet, suppressed urgency, voice slightly hollow) What two words? What were they? What did she say?
Donna: (remembers how Rose whispered the words into her ear. After a moment - ) Bad Wolf.
The Doctor's eyes widen - he's shaking - because now he knows for sure -
Donna: Well, what does it mean--?
The Doctor leaps to his feet and bursts from the tent in one swift move. Donna runs after him.
Donna: So... I just met Rose Tyler?
Donna: But she's locked away in a parallel world.
The Doctor: Exactly. If she can cross from her parallel world to your parallel world, then that means the walls of the universe are breaking down, which puts everything in danger. Everything. But how?
Donna: The thing is, Doctor... no matter what's happening - and I'm sure it's bad, I get that. But... Rose is coming back. Isn't that good?
The Doctor does not react for a moment. Then he looks up, eyes shining.
The Doctor: (whispers, then the biggest smile possibly creeps up on his face) yeah.

The Doctor: There now.. [blows energy off the hand] You see? Used the regeneration energy to heal myself, but as soon as that was done, I didn't need to change. I didn't want to, why would I? [fixes tie and cricks neck] Look at me. So, to stop the regeneration from going all the way, I siphoned off the rest into a handy bio-matching receptacle, namely my hand. My hand there. My handy spare hand. [to Rose] Remember? Sycorax...Christmas Day...Lost my hand in a sword fight. That's my hand... What do you think?
Rose: And you're still you.
The Doctor: I'm still me.
[Rose and the Doctor hug]
Rose: Oh, she's good.
Martha: Who's that?
Rose: : My name's Rose. Rose Tyler.
Martha: [stunned] Oh my God...he found you.

Cast & Crew quotes:
Season One
Christopher Eccleston: It's a love story.
CE, on being asked on a quiz show if the Doctor fancies Rose: Oh, absolutely.
Russell T Davies: From the moment they meet, the Doctor and Rose are soul mates. They understand and complement each other.
Billie Piper: She's quite in love with him.
Steven Moffat: Obviously and quite overtly, really, the subtext of this show is that the Doctor is hopelessly in love with Rose.
John Barrowman: When he kisses her, it’s not only the thing that he’s wanted to do throughout the entire series, but it gives him peace because he’s letting go of the burden of the Time Lords being destroyed and he’s saving the one that he—he loved the Time Lords, they were his people—but he loves this girl. - audio commentary, The Parting of the Ways
Season Two
DT: The Doctor and Rose is, at its heart, a love story without the shagging. - the official Doctor Who News Feed
DT: They are a couple in every way, except for the shagging. Like John Steed and Emma Peel.
DT on 'Tooth and Claw': I love the Doctor and Rose's relationship in that because they start to fall in love with each other again, as Rose begins to trust the new bloke, and I love the way that Russell pushes that so that they're almost enjoying themselves too much. - from page 198 of Doctor Who: The Unfolding Story
BP: ...the love of her life is still trapped in a drawing... - Fear Her confidential
Euros Lyn (director of several eps last year, and TRB this year: The Doctor and Rose love each other. I think it's that simple.
RTD: What Rose brings to the Doctor’s life is completion, it’s completing a circle – he’s male, he’s alien, he’s a traveler. Between the two of them together they complement each other and discover each other. And are in love with each other, absolutely, unashamedly, unreservedly. - Doomsday Confidential
BP: Having experienced this crazy supernatural stuff, it’s just heartbreaking, the thought of not having the chance to do that again with the man that she loves. - DD Confidential
DT: It's great because the Doctor and Rose are just so in tune there. They couldn't be more perfectly together (said as the Doctor explains his plan to "pull 'em all in"). - DD commentary

Post Season Two
In TV Times, DT says: "So the Doctor is literally thrown into this bizarre new circumstance before he's properly gotten himself together after saying farewell to Rose, who was the love of his life."
In TV and Satellite Week, DT says about Donna and the Doctor: "She's not too pleased about having her wedding interrupted and he's just lost the love of his life so there's a bit of an odd couple vibe there."
DT: "Martha was never quite accepted by the Doctor because he couldn't quite accept that Rose had gone. He certainly couldn't accept that he needed somebody else."

RTD: "But I always knew I'd have to split up the Doctor and Rose — they were devoted to each other, there's no way she'd go and marry King of the Zobulans, or stay at home with mum. So that huge, huge plot of parallel universes — Daleks one side, Cybermen the other, Earth in the middle and all that — only existed to put two characters on either side of a wall. You sort of work backwards, really."
Season 4
David: If Rose is over there, and she's all you want in the universe, you're desperate to get to her, you'd want to be able to run flat out, don't you?
David: He knows that Rose mustn't come back, that it goes against all the laws of space and time. And yet, the chance to get to see her again is clearly something that he is very excited about and delighted by.
RTD: ..and they run towards each other like the biggest romance you have seen in your life. Aaaaand as in most great lovestories he's shot down by a Dalek.
David: it's a moment of high emotion, for all involved.
David: Rose is faced with the fact that she might be about to lose another Doctor, just as she has come goodness knows how many zillion lightyears to be reunited with him.
Billie: She's very fond of this version of the Doctor, she hasn't seen him for a long time, she's completely in love with him and he's about to change form again... She knows what it means, and it frightens her.

Previous Threads:
#1 - She could've spent the rest of her life with him
[/URL]
#2 - Even when he forgot his own name, he remembered hers. [/URL]
#3 - They're in love with eachother. Absolutely, unashamedly, unreservedly[/URL]
#4 - Because they're the Stuff of Legend
#5 - Because we need our Reunion scene!
#6 - Nothing Can Stop True Love, All It Can Do Is Delay It Awhile[/URL]
#7 - Because Hugs are the Answer to Everything![/URL]
#8 - The Doctor doing Domestics? It MUST be Love![/URL]
#9 - because she's finding her way back to him[/URL]
#10 - Because she is the one thing he believes in[/URL]
#11- She thinks he has Grrreat Hair™. Reeaally Great Hair™. [/URL]
#12- She's all he wants in the universe[/URL]
#13 - He loves this woman so much that he gives her a chance to have a life
#14 - The Doctor. In the TARDIS. With Rose Tyler. Just as it should be.
#15 - Because "He needs you. That's very me."[/URL]
#16 - Because "Stuck with you? That's not so bad.[/url]
#17- "I can save the world with one hand as long as you're holding the other"[/URL]
#18- Because "they clearly found each other when both needed each other."
#19- Because their story ended at its beginning
#20- What Rose brings to the Doctor’s life is completion
---
#25 ~Because there are not enough characters in this title to express their awesomeness~

Their end was only their beginning

credit
Future Thread Title Suggestions
- Because they are the hugliest couple ever
- Russell needed to create a parallel universe just to split them up
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Summer Falls; 09-07-2017 at 06:28 AM
Old 09-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks Hun
Old 09-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

No problem!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

need to maybe update the OP soon
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt
Old 09-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
need to maybe update the OP soon
Yes, we do.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
Yes, we do.
Are you good at doing artworks?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Are you good at doing artworks?
No really. I don't have photoshop.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
No really. I don't have photoshop.
Oh that sucks
Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

That video
Old 09-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the video
Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm just going to lay down.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm just going to lay down.
From excitement ?