Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting that news. Yes, the BBC is aware of the backlash as I'm sure they are aware that this announcement will indeed create the 'stir'.

I think the problem is that some people have this boxed up hope for their version of the Doctor. Yes he has been male since the beginning but it's possible that the Doctor can be a woman. This is Doctor Who, not Mr. Who.

Amy, this board has been a positive place for Jodie and the 13th Doctor. I have stopped reading anything about the 13th Doctor elsewhere since the announcement. I think it's best to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I agree that the complainers and moaners on the internet aren't the majority and there were quite a few people who kept saying Peter was going to be fired because he was really unpopular. Of course, they shut up once he said they'd asked him to stay for one more series.

I know Peter is a very popular Doctor and the people saying the opposite were in the minority and it always made me
I remember those backlash with Peter too. Since when was age a factor with the Doctor? He's a thousand year old alien time lord. Is that supposed to be a younger male version? I can't believe how some people can be so shallow. I wasn't watching DW yet when Peter got cast but I remember getting very excited for the fandom because I know him and have seen him on The Hour back then and thought he was a really good actor.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:56 PM
New Fan

Finally. A Female Doctor
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for posting that news. Yes, the BBC is aware of the backlash as I'm sure they are aware that this announcement will indeed create the 'stir'.

I think the problem is that some people have this boxed up hope for their version of the Doctor. Yes he has been male since the beginning but it's possible that the Doctor can be a woman. This is Doctor Who, not Mr. Who.

Amy, this board has been a positive place for Jodie and the 13th Doctor. I have stopped reading anything about the 13th Doctor elsewhere since the announcement. I think it's best to.

I remember those backlash with Peter too. Since when was age a factor with the Doctor? He's a thousand year old alien time lord. Is that supposed to be a younger male version? I can't believe how some people can be so shallow. I wasn't watching DW yet when Peter got cast but I remember getting very excited for the fandom because I know him and have seen him on The Hour back then and thought he was a really good actor.
Yep people are stupid she will be fantastic
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad everyone on here is so positive about this. However, as much as a female doctor is not a surprise, it was obvious they wanted to go there, the whole concept of gender-swapping seems ridiculous to me. I'm not a major fan of where Doctor Who has been going lately, and my viewership has been dropping for a while. For me this is PC gone mad, and right now I have no interest in carrying on with the show.

I'm sorry if people don't agree with me, but that's the way I feel.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

Exactly! I even read an article earlier that Jodie will be paid the same as her male Dr. counterparts. Equal pay for equal work. Bravo for that.

Female Doctor Who Star to Earn Same as Male Doctor Who Came Before Her
Old 07-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great to hear. Thanks for posting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Considering the doctor's real age. Every actor has been too young to play him.
Which is pretty much what Peter said when people complained about him being to old.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I can't believe people complained about Peter's age.

I am really glad that this board has been a positive place for the appointment of Jodie I want to stay it that way

Thanks for that article link Obisgirl She should definitely be paid the same salary. It's sad that they even had to write an article about it. Why wouldn't she make the same salary has previous actors in the role?
Old 07-22-2017, 12:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Exactly! I even read an article earlier that Jodie will be paid the same as her male Dr. counterparts. Equal pay for equal work. Bravo for that.

Female Doctor Who Star to Earn Same as Male Doctor Who Came Before Her
That's good. I understand Peter is a veteran actor and thus more expensive but Jodie will be doing the exact amount of work Peter (and the past Doctors) will be doing so kudos to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Thanks for that article link Obisgirl She should definitely be paid the same salary. It's sad that they even had to write an article about it. Why wouldn't she make the same salary has previous actors in the role?
Because she's a woman? It all boils down to the gender. And one can also argue that Peter is a seasoned actor and thus "should" be more expensive.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

I think once the new season starts and people see how she performs as the new Doctor, all this silly backlash will go away.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

The world is full of stupid people. But we don't have to acknowledge them.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Because she is a women is not a good reason to pay her less. I am really glad the BBC and DW franchise are giving her a fair salary.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jodie Whittaker is the new doctor

My only question is whether or not she's related to Roger Whittaker who sang adult contemporary songs that were very good like The Last Farewell and Both Sides Now. For you're all beautiful; and I do love you dearly, more dearly than the spoken words can tell.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan
Old 07-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Will we see her deal with Cyberdudes or hear sing to the Daleks? Daleks, if you want me to be closer to you, get closer to me. Daleks, if you want me to love, love only you, then love only me.

I did a check to see if she's related to Roger Whittaker and didn't find anything, but I did find out she has a husband named Christian and one child. I don't know if her husband lives up to his name or not, but I can try to get that from Google. I found out that she's younger than me by a lot and was surprised because when I saw a picture of her on ComicCon on Syfy, I thought she looked older.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan
Old 07-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I think once the new season starts and people see how she performs as the new Doctor, all this silly backlash will go away.
Hopefully. Of course there will be those who are hate watching just to criticize her performance so they can tell us "We told you so!"

Old 07-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure they'll be people who'll watch it just so they can complain about it.

I agree about not having to knowledge stupid people, although sometimes it's hard to ignore them, as they seem to make a lot of noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Because she is a women is not a good reason to pay her less. I am really glad the BBC and DW franchise are giving her a fair salary.
I'd say it's a very stupid reason.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread