Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

After my initial uncertainty, I'm looking forward to what she could bring to the role!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think she is going to be amazing
Old 07-19-2017, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't been disappointed yet
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
People have always complained when the actor for the next actor has been announced and if the Thirteenth Doctor had been a man, people would have found something they wouldn't like.

So many people need to calm down and give her a chance and they don't have to keep watching if they end up not liking her Doctor and wait for the next one.
I agree. If this was a male Doctor, I'm pretty sure we'll still get complaints/criticisms too. What I don't get are people saying they'll quit watching just because the Doctor is a woman. Oh well, we're not sorry to lose those viewers. At least now, I'm also sure more people are going to watch with this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
After my initial uncertainty, I'm looking forward to what she could bring to the role!
It's okay to be uncertain. I think for me, I know and have seen Jodie on another show and know who she is so I was pumped. I was really shocked at first that it was a female Doctor. I didn't think BBC would go there. I mean I remember the backlash Peter got last time, some people saying he was too "old" to play the Doctor and flash forward to now, he's absolutely amazing and his "age" didn't matter.

"Don't blink."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

BBC is definitely aware of the backlash and put out this statement.

Quote:
BBC One, Doctor Who casting announcement, 16 July 2017

Complaint:

Some viewers contacted us unhappy that Jodie Whittaker has been cast as the new Doctor.

Response:

Since the first Doctor regenerated back in 1966, the concept of the Doctor as a constantly evolving being has been central to the programme. The continual input of fresh ideas and new voices across the cast and the writing and production teams has been key to the longevity of the series.

The Doctor is an alien from the planet Gallifrey and it has been established in the show that Time Lords can switch gender.

As the Controller of BBC Drama has said, Jodie is not just a talented actor but she has a bold and brilliant vision for her Doctor. She aced it in her audition both technically and with the powerful female life force she brings to the role. She is destined to be an utterly iconic Doctor.

We hope viewers will enjoy what we have in store for the continuation of the story.
BBC - Complaints - BBC One, Doctor Who casting announcement, 16 July 2017
Old 07-20-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

it is a ridiculous thing i just hope the show still does well my only thing is i dont want this to effect the show if it stays on or not
going into this restaurant trade together
Can't bare to be apart , Right?
danny & steve | hawaii five o
Old 07-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Whiners on the internet do not make up the majority of the viewership.

I'm sure the show will be fine. Chibnall and Whittaker will both do great.
"A happy beginning now is ours."

- Emma Swan & Killian Jones
Old 07-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Whiners on the internet do not make up the majority of the viewership.

I'm sure the show will be fine. Chibnall and Whittaker will both do great.
yes i hope we get the high ratings fro her i feel she would deserve it
going into this restaurant trade together
Can't bare to be apart , Right?
danny & steve | hawaii five o
Old 07-20-2017, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Just gonna go with the flow.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Jodie is a fantastic actress, seen her in other things but especially i think most ppl will know her in is Broadchurch, she was so so good. I am glad to see her.

Not only do the DW universe get a Female Doctor, you are getting a fantastic actress and to me thats a big bonus in this.

Last edited by HazelEyes008; 07-20-2017 at 01:03 PM
Old 07-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Daredevil
Sebastian Stan

I agree that the complainers and moaners on the internet aren't the majority and there were quite a few people who kept saying Peter was going to be fired because he was really unpopular. Of course, they shut up once he said they'd asked him to stay for one more series.

I know Peter is a very popular Doctor and the people saying the opposite were in the minority and it always made me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
i have to admit i was the same only cause i have loved what each of the males have brought to it and it was easy .. now that we have Jodie i was still shock took me a few minutes to wrap my mind around it .. cause i needed to know if she had the acting chops for this role and now that im watching or catching up on broadchuch where is a lead i can hoenstly say she has the right stuff for the new doctor and im excited for this change
That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I felt the same way. I was a bit, I'm not sure if I'm ready for a female Doctor, which didn't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I agree. If this was a male Doctor, I'm pretty sure we'll still get complaints/criticisms too. What I don't get are people saying they'll quit watching just because the Doctor is a woman. Oh well, we're not sorry to lose those viewers. At least now, I'm also sure more people are going to watch with this change.
I do wonder if a lot of them will actually watch and then keep on complaining.

Quote:
It's okay to be uncertain. I think for me, I know and have seen Jodie on another show and know who she is so I was pumped. I was really shocked at first that it was a female Doctor. I didn't think BBC would go there. I mean I remember the backlash Peter got last time, some people saying he was too "old" to play the Doctor and flash forward to now, he's absolutely amazing and his "age" didn't matter.
I remember people also saying he was "sexy enough" to play the Doctor, because, of course, that's the most important part of the character.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I actually don't care that the Doctor is now a woman. My favorite female lead of a major Sci-Fi series was Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager.

Peter's age didn't bother me, I liked how he brought out the sarcasm of the Doctor, and the unpredictability. I'm really interested in seeing WHAT Jodie brings to such an iconic character.

Matt he was cooky and all over the map

David was playful and confident

Christopher brought out the guilt and the anger of the Doctor.

I'm really eager to see HOW she makes the Doctor her own!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Daredevil
Sebastian Stan

The complaints about Peter's age annoyed me, they made it sound like he was doddery old man, when he's the complete opposite.

I love all the Doctors and I'm looking forward to having the Thirteenth Doctor join the rest of them.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Considering the doctor's real age. Every actor has been too young to play him.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think I am going to stay away from media and fan pages except this one until the bulk of the complaining dies down.

I am sure I will love Jodie just as much as all the other actors who have been in the role.