Can't bare to be apart , Right?
danny & steve | hawaii five o
Old 07-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love that Jenna showed her support on Twitter
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olshott (View Post)
I have to say I'm am stoked for this change. And it gives me great faith in Chris Chibnall as a showrunner. Someone who is willing to take something that has been around 50 plus years and change it up shows he isn't afraid to take risks. I have been a fan of DW since Nine and I say its about time we get a female doctor. I know some are hesistant and I can understand after having it be male for the entire run starting in 1963, but give it a chance, I haven't seen broadchurch or anything Jodie is done but I am excited for this. The Doctor is a alien that can regenerate to anyone, why not a female?
This basically.

"Don't blink."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-18-2017, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

I purposely waited and stayed away from this thread because I really wasn't sure what the reaction would be here.

I'm glad to see that it is mostly positive because everywhere else, it's bad. I'm not a regular Doctor Who watcher but I do enjoy the occasional random episode when it comes on BBC America.

I'm excited that we're getting a female Doctor. The announcement surprised me at first because I didn't think the odds were likely that this would happen. I wish Jodie the best of luck.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I purposely waited and stayed away from this thread because I really wasn't sure what the reaction would be here.

I'm glad to see that it is mostly positive because everywhere else, it's bad. I'm not a regular Doctor Who watcher but I do enjoy the occasional random episode when it comes on BBC America.

I'm excited that we're getting a female Doctor. The announcement surprised me at first because I didn't think the odds were likely that this would happen. I wish Jodie the best of luck.
Thanks for stopping by i do agree ither souce of media have been really negative which is shocking cause it really ie unlike the dw fandom to be thay way
going into this restaurant trade together
Old 07-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Welcome to the board obisgirl That is so sad that other media outlets are being so negative. I have stayed away from the media lately so I didn't realize how bad people were reacting to the news I feel bad for Jodie. I hope she's getting a lot of positive reactions and isn't seeing all the negative ones. I just don't understand why people are even upset over this. Why does it matter what gender the Doctor is?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

It's not really the media outlets, just fan reaction I guess. It's very mixed.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Welcome to the board obisgirl That is so sad that other media outlets are being so negative. I have stayed away from the media lately so I didn't realize how bad people were reacting to the news I feel bad for Jodie. I hope she's getting a lot of positive reactions and isn't seeing all the negative ones. I just don't understand why people are even upset over this. Why does it matter what gender the Doctor is?
Just fans reeaction really thry believe the doctor should alwasy b3 a male .. well fortunately it is not like that
Old 07-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

I am actually really glad for the positive reaction on this board. Elsewhere, it's bad. I did expect reactions to be mixed because we've had a male Doctor since the inception of this show so it will take time getting used to. Considering we're used to the Doctor changing every 3 years (lately), I guess eventually the doubters will change their minds once they see Jodie as the Doctor. I don't fault people who are skeptical but just that they should be open about this change and give Jodie the chance.

"Don't blink."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-19-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I am actually really glad for the positive reaction on this board. Elsewhere, it's bad. I did expect reactions to be mixed because we've had a male Doctor since the inception of this show so it will take time getting used to. Considering we're used to the Doctor changing every 3 years (lately), I guess eventually the doubters will change their minds once they see Jodie as the Doctor. I don't fault people who are skeptical but just that they should be open about this change and give Jodie the chance.
yer like watch it than judge dont just judge
Old 07-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team
Fan Forum Cheerleader

Moderator of ...
Movies
The Defenders

Change is always met with skepticism, that's true. It's a bold move, yeah, but I feel it is about time. I actually think this might make me a bigger Doctor Who fan. I have loved what I've seen from the show but there are so many episodes and I get tired just thinking how far I am on the show to really catch up. I do plan to not fall behind on Jodie's seasons and perhaps want to watch more of the earlier seasons later on. I'm quite busy this summer and already behind on many of the shows I've stayed current on. I need more hours in a day.
cece; fanforum's cheerleader ღ
Old 07-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Daredevil
Sebastian Stan

People have always complained when the actor for the next actor has been announced and if the Thirteenth Doctor had been a man, people would have found something they wouldn't like.

So many people need to calm down and give her a chance and they don't have to keep watching if they end up not liking her Doctor and wait for the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm happy. We get a female lead for the next series, who will be mad, funny, intelligent, eccentric and played by an actress with the freedom to portray just about everything we love about the Doctor, and inspire so many young girls out there.

We have always known who the character is and what they stand for. They come from an ancient race of beings that have evolved beyond simple human concepts like gender. Because the universe is much bigger than that. As a long time fan of the series, I embrace this reality in it's context.

Which is why this change is 100% acceptable in my book.
They've also given us enough hints it was going to happen and considering I thought there wouldn't be a female Doctor so soon, I'm really pleased.

I will admit to not wanting a female Doctor a while ago, but I'm happy to have changed my mind.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Graphics Team

Wow I can't believe I didn't know about this until now
I'm open to the doctor being a woman, even if it will be a bit strange imo.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)

I will admit to not wanting a female Doctor a while ago, but I'm happy to have changed my mind.
i have to admit i was the same only cause i have loved what each of the males have brought to it and it was easy .. now that we have Jodie i was still shock took me a few minutes to wrap my mind around it .. cause i needed to know if she had the acting chops for this role and now that im watching or catching up on broadchuch where is a lead i can hoenstly say she has the right stuff for the new doctor and im excited for this change

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
Change is always met with skepticism, that's true. It's a bold move, yeah, but I feel it is about time. I actually think this might make me a bigger Doctor Who fan. I have loved what I've seen from the show but there are so many episodes and I get tired just thinking how far I am on the show to really catch up. I do plan to not fall behind on Jodie's seasons and perhaps want to watch more of the earlier seasons later on. I'm quite busy this summer and already behind on many of the shows I've stayed current on. I need more hours in a day.
my dear you are a busy bee i dont know how you do it?? what season are you up to know?? tbh you could just skip to her episode it will be restarting the series in a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
Wow I can't believe I didn't know about this until now
I'm open to the doctor being a woman, even if it will be a bit strange imo.
it is something new at least you are willing to take this jouney
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top