Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I've been trying to picture the Master returning to face Eleven, and what their chemistry would be like compared to Ten. Do you think, if they did bring him back, they'd bring back John Simm, or switch to another actor?
Well, now we know dont we? And I am suprised to say this, but I actually miss John Simm...
Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

I loved John Simm as The Master.

While I absolutely adore Missy, I think it would have been better if it had been revealed Missy was NOT the female regeneration of The Master but The Doctor's first wife! That would have been epic.

It would have left things open for John Simm to come back. It would have made the fact Missy is the one who played matchmaker for The Doctor/Clara so much more interesting. And really bring the drama when she says in Death in Heaven, "Seriously? My life to save her soul?" It just would have elevated every scene with Missy and really put layers into the Missy/Doctor/Clara dynamic.

I should have been a Who writer!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Absolute Fan

John Simm didnt want to return, as he got to where he did not like the attention from some of the fans. Fair enough, but they should have ended the Master's story with him dying in the Doctor's arms in Last of the Time Lords. The story had run its course, and it was high time for the Master to be written out permanently. Of course I might have felt differently had Derek Jacobi carried through the role for all 3 episodes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread