Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
My K'Ten went missing a few weeks ago and I'd give anything if he had been 'chipped.
oh no thats the worst im so sorry
Old 08-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They don't have to be microchipped here, but it's highly recommended.
It's about to become the law, here Only for dogs, though, and imo, it should be cats, too.

I really should be asleep

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It's about to become the law, here Only for dogs, though, and imo, it should be cats, too.

I really should be asleep
for us its all animals especially cats and dogs .. dogs for safety reasons now they are banning certain breeds which i hate and cats cause well they breed so much
Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have issues with banning dog breeds because I tend to find that if there's something wrong with the dog, there's something wrong with the owner. Some breeds are more aggressive, sure, but I think how they're treated is a bigger issue. If they're treated well, they're more likely to behave well.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I have issues with banning dog breeds because I tend to find that if there's something wrong with the dog, there's something wrong with the owner. Some breeds are more aggressive, sure, but I think how they're treated is a bigger issue. If they're treated well, they're more likely to behave well.
YES !! i hate it cause in many cases my dog can be considered more aggressive than some of these banned breed and i have seen many of owners of the Staffys or pitbull dogs and they treat them well and their dogs are saints
Old 08-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's how it is, tbh. I think blaming the dog is the easy way out in most cases The majority of dogs won't do anyone any harm unless they feel they (or their owner) are being threatened.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree for the most part, but I think there has to be some account for the reason a kind of dog was bred in the first place.
Pit Bulls were bred to fight other dogs in the pits or for bear-baiting.
They go for the throat and they don't let go, and they're incredibly strong.
They weren't bred to serve any useful purpose to man.

Much as I hate saying this, there are times when nature overcomes nurture, especially if they get into a "pack" environment.
I agree that 90% of issues with Pits can be laid at the door of their owners, but it's the dogs that pay the price.
IMO, better to stop breeding them.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There are issues with certain breeds, of course, but the way they talk about them, they tend to ignore that the dogs aren't the sole problem. It's the way we respond to them. If they're that dangerous, then breeding them should be banned, and no matter what the breed, if there is a dog attack, the way that dog was treated should be looked into.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
There are issues with certain breeds, of course, but the way they talk about them, they tend to ignore that the dogs aren't the sole problem. It's the way we respond to them. If they're that dangerous, then breeding them should be banned, and no matter what the breed, if there is a dog attack, the way that dog was treated should be looked into.
yes i agree i mean in saying that many dogs in the past have been deemed "dangerous dogs " but are now one of the most loved dogs .. these are considered the most dangerous breeds but not all of them are if the are trained . Pit bull,Rottweiler,Husky,German shepherd,Chow

saying that pitbulls can be aggressive but its mainly the way they were raised nature verus nurture .. i can't agree with banning any breed cause thats just wrong all breeds have a bad case in it.. but i do understand if there is an incident where a dog is aggressive than it should be put down .. but sometimes they go to far i remember reading an article where these owners had a Banned dog and they gave it to the council and it had to be put down cause it was that breed and that frustrated me A) poor owners did the right thing and lost their dog B) it was a family pet they should of done behaviour analysts and if the dogs not aggressive give it back t the owner
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's wrong to put a dog (or any animal) down just because of it's breed. It's just more that supports the opinion that all they care about is the breed and not the individual dog, I guess. It bothers me when they try and absolve people of any responsibility in these cases.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would never condone putting down a healthy animal solely because of its breed. That's entirely different than simply not breeding them in the first place.

But there are a few breeds that maybe a potential owner should have to certify they would do obedience training and prove they can keep them inside or in a kennel when unsupervised.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I would never condone putting down a healthy animal solely because of its breed. That's entirely different than simply not breeding them in the first place.

But there are a few breeds that maybe a potential owner should have to certify they would do obedience training and prove they can keep them inside or in a kennel when unsupervised.
Yer I agree with that 2nd statement certain breeds need a more trained and well known dog owner to handle them
Old 08-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yer I agree with that 2nd statement certain breeds need a more trained and well known dog owner to handle them
Exactly

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

We all agree
Closed Thread   Post New Thread