Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Petra, and that too, the cost. Does your company not shoulder expenses like that? I know my previous company offered to pay 30% of the tuition and even offered a "student" loan. Otherwise, save the money you're earning to pay for the tuition.

Amy, we get flooded everytime for really strong storms. Add to that, we have very poor road construction here. There was the flash flood back in 2009 where I lost almost all of my stuff. The last major flood here was 2 years ago (up to waist deep). Everytime typhoon season rolls around, we kind of just prepare and not panic and hope that no major storms come. I really have no idea that Texas can be in the path of storms cause it seems that this is a rare occurrence?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ no my job wont A) its casual will cost to much B) he doesnt have anything to do with my job its completely the opposite
Old 09-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Petra I hope you can find a way to make it work financially soon. Are there any jobs you could switch to that would help cover your tuition for what you want to ultimately do?

Lindsay we don't get them every year. We are more sheltered because we're in the gulf of Mexico so we aren't as exposed as an island would be.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Petra I hope you can find a way to make it work financially soon. Are there any jobs you could switch to that would help cover your tuition for what you want to ultimately do?

Lindsay we don't get them every year. We are more sheltered because we're in the gulf of Mexico so we aren't as exposed as an island would be.
there isnt a lot of jobs that do it i havent heard a lot od jobs that do it over here .. but its ok i mean atm ill look for any job and see how i go , if i dont get anything in the early months of next year i could still consider going back to school
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

there isnt a lot of jobs that do it i havent heard a lot od jobs that do it over here .. but its ok i mean atm ill look for any job and see how i go , if i dont get anything in the early months of next year i could still consider going back to school
Old 09-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

sounds like a good plan Petra Hopefully you'll find a job in the field you want before the end of the year.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Petra, I guess if you really want to continue on with masters, you need to save up for it + time. Otherwise, try your luck again with job offers with a high paying salary so you can afford to pay for masters.

Amy, I see. So by the time the hurricane hits you, it's already hit another land and therefore, the winds are less threatening.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lindsay it depends on the storm. Harvey went from a TS to Cat 4 Hurricane after only being in the gulf for like 48 hours. The gulf is really warm so it's possible to have strong storms in the gulf. But the place of entry into the gulf is pretty small so storms have to be on a pretty specific trajectory to even make it into the gulf. And then to make it Texas they usually (although not always. If they come of the Yucatan for example) they have to travel the entire length of the gulf without turning northward to reach Texas.

The biggest problem with Harvey was how slow it moved. Generally Hurricanes move at a faster pace so they don't as much time to dump rain on us. Harvey was a double whammy for Houston because it was a slow mover (sometimes as slow as 2 miles per hour) and we were on the "dirty" side of the storm so we got way more rain then if the storm would have hit north of us.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
sounds like a good plan Petra Hopefully you'll find a job in the field you want before the end of the year.
thanks i mean im good with my job i just know i need to leave i did meet up with a few friends whom i use to work with in that job they started before me and now they have both since left and i am the only one still there . they are both doing well but every meet up is me just telling them about their old job and they are so happy to have left it , ever time we meet up they ask me how are you still working there i say well i enjoy the money we did get a pay rise since they have left , and nothing else has got my interest beside that animal job . but now it has been to long to stay there i mean now i a supervisor which is better on resume and stuff but i honestly wasnt looking to hard just animal jobs and i only have little experience in it so now i just will look for anything just to get out.

has the hurriance past??

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Petra, I guess if you really want to continue on with masters, you need to save up for it + time. Otherwise, try your luck again with job offers with a high paying salary so you can afford to pay for masters.
well not masters ill need to do a general course just in animal care .. it just means i need to save money ..
Old 09-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Petra I understand completely. It must be frustrating for you, especially seeing how happy your old co-workers are not that they have moved on. I'm glad that you're actively trying to find a way to improve your employment situation. I am sure that it will all work out in the end. It's the journey and finding the right path that can be difficult.

And yes the hurricane is long gone Hopefully we won't get another one this year. I would be shocked if we did. Irma is hitting Florida on the Gulf of Mexico side
Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Amy, ugh that's really such a hassle. Storms are just so unpredictable too cause sometimes they move fast and sometimes slow. Some storms bring more rain, others bring more wind.

Petra, that's doable. I remember saving up money for travel. I had to put at least a % of my salary in the bank every 2 weeks.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Petra I understand completely. It must be frustrating for you, especially seeing how happy your old co-workers are not that they have moved on. I'm glad that you're actively trying to find a way to improve your employment situation. I am sure that it will all work out in the end. It's the journey and finding the right path that can be difficult.

And yes the hurricane is long gone Hopefully we won't get another one this year. I would be shocked if we did. Irma is hitting Florida on the Gulf of Mexico side
Thanks i think it will work out in the end i just need to try harder , no more fouling need out of the current job into a full time position really need to be an adult

i hope no more hurricane tbh i dont know how you guys do it ? i wouldn't know qhat to do i would freak out

Quote:
Petra, that's doable. I remember saving up money for travel. I had to put at least a % of my salary in the bank every 2 weeks.
it is doable but atm i think ill see if i find another job enjoyable? ii need to move on out of my job i mean i might love animals but it might not be a suitable career for me ?
Old 09-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Moderator Manager

That's a start. For now, look for a job that pays more and one that you'll be happy with. Just try again and you'll find it soon.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
That's a start. For now, look for a job that pays more and one that you'll be happy with. Just try again and you'll find it soon.
yep thats the goal but wow job hunting soo hard !!
Old 09-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Thanks i think it will work out in the end i just need to try harder , no more fouling need out of the current job into a full time position really need to be an adult

i hope no more hurricane tbh i dont know how you guys do it ? i wouldn't know qhat to do i would freak out

it is doable but atm i think ill see if i find another job enjoyable? ii need to move on out of my job i mean i might love animals but it might not be a suitable career for me ?
Yeah sometimes it's hard to find something that you love and have it become a career that can support you. I didn't know you were part time. No wonder you really need a new full time job so bad. It's hard to survive on a part time job. I am sure you will find something soon

For hurricanes you get used to them and they don't scare you as much lol. I'm more scared of tornadoes and earthquakes because there isn't a warning. I have time to evacuate for a hurricane.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread