Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Ouch. I really hope that doesn't happen to us in 2012! But we always win a couple in sports like rowing and sailing. Anything where you're sitting down, we're sorted.

Though, it is slightly depressing that if Michael Phelps gets his 8 gold medals (which he probably will), he'll have as many medals (gold, silver and bronze) as the UK have in every sport combined.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Total Fan

I've stopped watching the Olympics cause I think Channel 7's coverage in Australia is ATROCIOUS!!

I'm sick - I'm home alone this weekend - there is NO food in the house... I am in NO mood to go to the shops - buy food - or the energy to cook anything...

I KNOW i'm sick... but I think its gotta be takeaway tonight.

And I'm loosing faith in one of my fandoms which REALLY upsets me
icon
Old 08-16-2008, 04:21 AM
Total Fan

Awww, I hate it when fandom goes wonky and makes you re-assess your faith in it

Hope you feel better soon my love, being sick when you're home alone is no fun at all.

Hmmm, Saturdays just aren't the same anymore without any Who.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww Anna which fandom is it?

Quote:
Hmmm, Saturdays just aren't the same anymore without any Who.
too true and since I'm feeling a bit under the weather anyway, I might as well go lie on my bed with my laptop and watch some random episodes
Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Saturdays are okay now, because now that the football season has started I've got that to distract me, it's more stressful than DW though, well it comes with being a Wolves supporter.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

We won nine medals today! And five were golds!

Aww, I really wish you were feeling better I like being alone when I'm ill, but that's just me.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

Nine? that's pretty cool. I wonder why it is that I support Team GB at the olympics so much more than I do any of them in other sports.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, well, it's kind of hard to support a country that loses at everything. The Summer Olympics is about all we do pretty well at. We even suck at our national sport- we didn't even qualify for Euro 2008!
Old 08-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Ha, you talk sense.

Woo! my team won 4-1

Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Total Fan

The Olympics is the Big Event isn't it, everyone takes a bit of an interest even if they don't usually like sports. I'm loving all the athletics at the moment. I grew up watching them with my Dad, and helping out at the athletics meets he used to referee at. The men's 100m final was IMMENSE.

And this is pretty much the only time you'll ever catch me gushing over sports so don't get used to it!!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Oh my God, I know. It really was incredible. The Brazillian who won was really great. I'm so jealous! Also, loved how the commentators were falling all over themselves with squee- it was hilarious. The athletics equivalent of fanboys.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Really all lthe clips I've seen about the winners have been incredible, I like that the olympics that they are the very best at what they do, but it's so much more classy than other sporting competitions, imo.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
Oh my God, I know. It really was incredible. The Brazillian who won was really great. I'm so jealous! Also, loved how the commentators were falling all over themselves with squee- it was hilarious. The athletics equivalent of fanboys.
The Jamaican you mean?

Yes! The clip of Michael Johnson squeeing like a little fanboy was so hilarious. "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT?!" Still not as hilarious as Ian Wright when Shaun Wright Philips scored for England though. He was literally jumping up and down like a mad thing
Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, the Jamaican. I guess I was too busy listening to the commentary to know which country the runner was from!

I have no idea about that moment- I don't follow football, but if it's more fanboyish than the one I saw today, it's pretty much off the scale.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Total Fan

Oh it really was! I tried finding a clip of it but my search skills fail me tonight.

The fact that the Jamaican's strip is yellow this year probably doesn't help. I don't like that strip at all. Apparently my face was priceless when Bolt crossed the line. I know I definitely screamed. I'd been fangirling him massively after the heats yesterday so I was pleased he was with such style.