Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

You'll have to get posting then.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Total Fan

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who's uneven stars bother them! I think I'm not far off 4000 posts now tho and the rate I've been posting recently I should hit it soon. Then I can rest easy for a bit

2 people I post a lot with have both just changed their usernames and it still confuses me when I see them as the last poster. I keep thinking "ooh we've got new people!"
Old 03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
2 people I post a lot with have both just changed their usernames and it still confuses me when I see them as the last poster. I keep thinking "ooh we've got new people!"
yeah, I know that feeling it always kind of annoys me when people change their username because of that - I always end up getting used to it, but it takes me a while. Which is also a reason why I don't really want to change mine, because I know it would annoy and confuse people
Old 03-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

I haven't really had expieriance with that, but it's kind of like when someone get's married and their name, it's really confusing for me for months afterwards.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

This is how thick I am, a girl literally dropped two letters from her name and I thought it was a new person Not only that, but she'd told me beforehand she was changing her name. In my defence, I thought the change was going to be more than two letters!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Total Fan

just proves how confusing it is then Steph

I actually got used to my new surname after I got married really quickly. We went out for dinner for my birthday last month and the waitress asked what name the booking was in. Me, my sister and my Mum all answered at the same time with our own surname and she looked really confused
Old 03-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

All these talks of posts and stars, diamonds, and crowns, I've never noticed it mine aren't even, probably just because, when I think about how long I've been registered here, and how many posts I could have had if I hadn't disappeared for a couple years...

Nicole
Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2 (View Post)
just proves how confusing it is then Steph

I actually got used to my new surname after I got married really quickly. We went out for dinner for my birthday last month and the waitress asked what name the booking was in. Me, my sister and my Mum all answered at the same time with our own surname and she looked really confused
I just can't get used to people changing surnames, when a teacher does that, I just call them "Miss" for months afterwards, because I get so confused.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Total Fan

Ah yeah I hadn't thought about the teacher thing. Reminds me though, my cousin worked at my old school for a while and I remember asking someone if they knew Miss Ravensdale, completely forgetting she'd got married and was Mrs Reed now *facepalm* Still, at least her initials were the same. And we just used to call all our teachers "miss" and not bother with their surnames mostly anyway
Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, a teacher I have has been married for three years and people in my year still call her by her maiden name.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uneven stars can be a problem. I like mine as there are now, but I've been thinking of changing my username for ages, just so that there are no caps...is that annoying as well?

Ya'll are posting mad fools. I go to sleep, I wake up in the morning and I go to post now, in the middle of the afternoon and not only is there a new O/T thread it's on page three.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Caps don't bother me at all, personally.

It's been a bit mad today. All week, really.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

My head of year in year 9 changed her name the summer before my year 10, so now when people ask me about her with her name now, it takes me several minutes to work out who they are talking about.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to know Steph.

Gah, I hate that...I knew a girl who did that they same, Siobhan, only she changed it because she was an actress and she wanted something that "was better suited for her name in lights". None of us ever called her that name, and the new people she met who'd talk to us about her used to call her by that name and we all would be "who?"
Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

I could change my username here to something more "me" but honestly I dont know of anything to change it to! I could change it to my real name... but where;s the fun in that?

Plus... I like to be mysterious like
icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread