Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Total Fan

Oh well I have to say I'm glad England are winning because I know my Dad will be watching and I don't want him getting in a flap if we lose again

I should turn my internet off if I'm doing uni work but it usually gets left on and I am so easily distracted. I thought maybe I'd grow out of my short attention span but it turns out it's got worse as I get older!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

I don't really mind who wins, I'm not much a fan of rugby but I'm both english and irish so I defy the rivalry by supporting both of them.

That's why I mostly study with books rather than the internet, because I'm always clicking on stuff, I even look at google news when I'm bored..

Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I must've been living under a rock because I've never seen this site before, it has good quality caps from Doctor Who (all new seasons + even some Classic!), Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures... Basically, anything you'd ever need!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I've never seen it either But it looks great!

Has anyone else noticed people with good screennames tend to make good icons? Like, you know, davidtennfan01 makes sucky icons and.... someone with a really good name tends to make better icons? Maybe it's because they're more creative? Just something I noticed at the Friends Icons community. Of course, it's all relative.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
I've never seen it either But it looks great!

Has anyone else noticed people with good screennames tend to make good icons? Like, you know, davidtennfan01 makes sucky icons and.... someone with a really good name tends to make better icons? Maybe it's because they're more creative? Just something I noticed at the Friends Icons community. Of course, it's all relative.
I've noticed that too! I guess it really does have to do with creativity. If someone isn't clever enough to come up with a good screenname, they probably aren't very creative in making icons, either.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Total Fan

maybe creativity in thinking up a username is synonymous with graphics ability! Although having said that, one of the people I know who makes really great Supernatural icons has a username with loads of numbers on the end and I'm pretty sure they don't mean anything relevant.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Oh, obviously it's a generalisation, but it usually works. If someone has a good username, I'm more inclined to click on the cut tag than not to.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

I never bother being creative with usernames, because I have a bad memory so I need something simple.
My username here doesn't even suit me any more, I am no way as big a Harry Potter fan as I used to be.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Mine isn't exactly creative either. I signed up to LJ when I was on a Friends quote website and voila. It wasn't always "stoptheqtip" here, and I'm not going to tell you what it was (let's just say it was Ned Flanders inspired and leave it at that, eh?) voila
Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Steph, I'm curious now, especially to see if I remember your old name I don't really like my name on here anymore either, I'd change it but I don't want to cause too much confusion. Plus, I like that 'paintedxlie' is the exact same length of 'Graphics Team' and I also like that 'Info Center' and 'Doctor Who' are the same length... Yeah what can I say, I'm a bit OCD about things like that... Don't even get me started on my diamonds being asymmetrical right now
Old 03-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

I hope you won't be able to *cringes*

Oh, my God! I thought I was a total freak- I hated having 7000 posts because my lines of crowns weren't even! I was so relieved to get to 8000 and really don't want to get to 9, because they'll be out of line again.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Fair enough with the OCDness.

I think I did have another username before this one, I think I changed it because I forget the username and password though, I forget when though.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

I've never done that. But my email account has stopped working for some reason, even though I know for a fact that my username and password are correct.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to be 'AnavriN' until sometime in mid 2003, I think but I doubt anyone here would remember that... Oh maybe Mandy & Jazz would, from the LotR board

Quote:
Oh, my God! I thought I was a total freak- I hated having 7000 posts because my lines of crowns weren't even! I was so relieved to get to 8000 and really don't want to get to 9, because they'll be out of line again.
I can completely relate! Sadly, I need to get to 50,000 posts before I get my last diamond oh yeah, it only took me 6 years to get to 27,000 - I'll be at 50,000 in no time, then! to be fair, I've been posting a lot faster lately (mainly thanks to this board), but I think it'll still be a loooong time before I hit 50,000
Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, well, I've only got another 42,000 posts to go!