Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna, no I started a thread about True Blood. It's a show soon to be on HBO based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris, which I highly recommend

Mandy, if you end up reading the Merry series, let me know what you think about it Oh, I've read Tithe Overall I liked the storyline, and the new unseelie king Guess we are all avid readers here, heh
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You and the cake Anna. I'm still so jealous.

Yeah, I'm a super avid reader. I bought White Night (Dresden #9, paperback) by Jim Butcher, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (in hardcover), and Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera # 3) by Jim Butcher yesterday. If you like Dresdan Andie and like constructed worlds like Lord of the Rings it's a very good series. I just finished Jasper Fforde's The 4th Bear yesterday and he's hilarious - Nursury Crime book. I'd recommend that and his better series - Thursday Next - to anyone. He's a wonderful thinking/reading persons novelist.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
I love Robin Hood, and I love RA but I can't forgive Guy for Marian...nope, can't do it, so angry with him. I've yet to see North & South but I hear it's lovely.
I can see why, I don't exactly like him either, I just love to watch him.

Speaking of TV, everyone should watch the BBC pilot Being Human *points at icon* it's about a vampire, werewolf and ghost that live together, which sounds cheesy, but it's quite balanced with light and dark stuff.
And it has gorgeous vampires, and the adorable Russell Tovey as a werewolf, and if it doesn't get picked up for a full series it will be a crying shame.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
I can see why, I don't exactly like him either, I just love to watch him.

Speaking of TV, everyone should watch the BBC pilot Being Human *points at icon* it's about a vampire, werewolf and ghost that live together, which sounds cheesy, but it's quite balanced with light and dark stuff.
And it has gorgeous vampires, and the adorable Russell Tovey as a werewolf, and if it doesn't get picked up for a full series it will be a crying shame.
Ooo sounds interesting

*goes off to get*
icon
Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

I haven't heard of any of the books you've all mentioned, but I'm always after new reading material Currently reading The Memory Keepers Daughter, andyone read it?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've read it. I found it really boring, to be honest- didn't capture my interest in the slightest.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read it Sacha but I've wanted to. It had one of those heavily lauded books in the front of the bookstore for the longest time. It usually takes me a long time to get to those. Case in point, I only read The Alchemist like a year or so ago and it was like "the book" in the front of the bookstore for a year before that.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Jenny, who are these bunch of people in your icon?
That is the cast of Spaced A really funny show from 1999 which I just discovered
Quote:
Have fun watching the hotel entrance
I think I will
How are you
|it's about time
Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Spaced FTW! I love that show!

Who's seen this?
Ireland's Eurovision 2008 entry.
It's hilarious! .. I'm now admitting I kind of love Eurovision, I suck I know!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Spaced is awesome

A turkey? Awesome I hope they win
|it's about time
Old 02-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Siobhan! I watched Being Human... and am TOTALLY in love with that show now... I signed the petition and now it needs to get picked up!

The Turkey I saw that a little while ago

I havent read that book Sacha... and I have a LONG list of things to read now!
icon
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey all, I'm back! I'll get caught up with everything in a minute, I literally just got home and I'm still wearing my coat and everything
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
hey all, I'm back! I'll get caught up with everything in a minute, I literally just got home and I'm still wearing my coat and everything
VAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! You're back!

I'm like that when I get home from work I'm literally JUST in the door before i'm taking out my laptop and turning it on
icon
Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAVaria (View Post)
Siobhan! I watched Being Human... and am TOTALLY in love with that show now... I signed the petition and now it needs to get picked up!
Yay! I knew you'd love it, it really is awesome, I've watched it around three times now, so it just has to get picked up, otherwise the BBC will have a very unhappy fangirl.

Hey Val!! welcome back!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
Yay! I knew you'd love it, it really is awesome, I've watched it around three times now, so it just has to get picked up, otherwise the BBC will have a very unhappy fangirl.
I know! I've watched it about 3 times now as well! just Mitchell&George are WIN, George in the house and Annie is hilarious! I loved the end when they were in the pub! What she says about Hufflepuff

You were right about the balance between light and dark stuff, they did it really well!
I think i'm going to have to change my icon to a Being Human one

Well they will have TWO unhappy fangirls if they dont pick it up!
icon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread