Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm reeeeeaaaaaaaaaally loving it and those promo pictures look great!

I love that it has a more red/orange/yellow glow this time around instead of the blue/green, makes for a much warmer atmosphere
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Maybe it's just me, but I can't really tell much from these pictures. I need to see the console room in action before I can judge whether I like it or not.

I think my favourite version of the console room is still the version from the TV movie with Paul McGann, where everything was wood panelled and Gothic, more like a large house which just happened to have a control console at one side.

File:TARDIS console circa 1996.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fourth Doctor used a wood paneled "secondary control room" for a while too which was better than the standard white paneled control room (which I never cared for in any variation), but it was not nearly so nice and large as the Eighth Doctor's.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not a huge fan of the Eighth Doctor's console room because it doesn't have any warmth to it, in my opinion. Yes it's nice and large but there's something lacking. Still it's a good design in so far as that you could believe that there were endless rooms and areas in the TARDIS.
Eleven's console seems to have everything I want

We are all stories in the end
Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen much of the other designs but the thing I always loved about the new series was that the TARDIS looked like it was a living being. It actually looked like it was grown.
|it's about time
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
I'm not a huge fan of the Eighth Doctor's console room because it doesn't have any warmth to it, in my opinion. Yes it's nice and large but there's something lacking. Still it's a good design in so far as that you could believe that there were endless rooms and areas in the TARDIS.
Eleven's console seems to have everything I want
It wasn't so much that it was large, the Eighth Doctor's console room just felt more livable, more like a house. If the TARDIS inside (like the outside) can look like anything, why not make it something more comfortable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
I haven't seen much of the other designs but the thing I always loved about the new series was that the TARDIS looked like it was a living being. It actually looked like it was grown.
Don't get me wrong - I like the new series design, much better than the old sterile white for sure. But the idea in the new series that the TARDIS was somehow grown didn't work for me. Which isn't to say that the TARDIS isn't alive - it's always had a bit of a personality, and a connection to the Doctor. But it doesn't have to be organic to be alive.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

It doesn't, no. But I still think it is a nice thought

That sexy thing
|it's about time
Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

I was happy the TARDIS swimming pool got a mention in The Eleventh Hour (plus the library and wardrobe room). I'm still hoping we get a story which involves exploring the inside of the TARDIS beyond the console room.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm a bit indifferent to the new look, though I am intrigued by the new layout. In particular, it looks like the scanner screen is now back on the wall, rather than attached to the console, which is very old school.

The outside looks slightly different now too. Clearly they've put that sticker thingy on the door (which is really old school, I don't think that's been there since the first, maybe second Doctor). I may be wrong, but it seems like the general shape was a little bit different too, like the top was a bit blockier. I need to do a side-by-side comparison.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

The new console room is definitely growing on me. I especially like the multi-layered layout. And we got a more complete view of the room - above, between, below - in Vampires of Venice, with the Doctor going from underneath the console to the staircase above it.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

the new TARDIS look is so awesome
looove it!

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 PM
KAI
Master Fan

I loved when he was working on it

visit k•pop
kai ▪ they/them
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

While watching The Time of Angels this evening, I spotted this on the TARDIS keyboard:

You'd think the TARDIS would have plenty of panic already, it should really have a "don't panic" button
Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

hahaha! Where is the "Carry on" button then?
|it's about time
Old 05-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Extreme Fan

haha! tha's brilliant!
MAGNIFICENT!

I wonder if he ever got to use it

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know I've said this before, but well spotted Raonaild!

The last episode (VoV) was really the first time they used the full space of the TARDIS. WHen the Doctor started from working underneath the floors, to running up to the top of the stairs in the one scene (when he was talking to Rory).

I hope they continue to use the full depth of the TARDIS more.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

I want to see more rooms. That would be really cool - like the librarie with the pool
|it's about time
Closed Thread   Post New Thread