Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Peri was good tbh.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I had a huge crush on her when I was a teenager. I was sad when they killed her off in Mindwarp (part of The Trial of a Time Lord) but soon moved on to Bonnie Langford's Mel.
oh no she was killed? thats sad

see i didnt like her cause well i couldnt related to her i feit they wrote her to be to much of an airhead ..
Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
oh no she was killed? thats sad

see i didnt like her cause well i couldnt related to her i feit they wrote her to be to much of an airhead ..
My mom used to hate her faltering and fake american accent.

Yeah Tim, when given a good script Peri could do wonders for the show.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My mom used to hate her faltering and fake american accent.

Yeah Tim, when given a good script Peri could do wonders for the show.
I've been listening to the Lost Stories range, and the first season is purely Colin Baker and Paradise 5 in particular, she totally shines. Absolutely superb. And as for being too sexy or whatever, I prefer Peri's character to someone like River Song or even Captain Jack. Because although her clothing was sexy, she didn't use her looks to her advantage nor did she continually flirt or use innuendos every 5 minutes, she was just a good, solid character. Was she annoying? Yeah, at times. But I still think she's a good companion, and the more I listen to her on audio, and Rewatch her stories with Colin, my appreciation of her has grown. I quite liked her in The Two Doctors (I loved the line about how she loves games where she doesn't end up dead), but Petra, if you've only watched The Two Doctors with her in, I'd recommend watching a few more stories with her.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I've been listening to the Lost Stories range, and the first season is purely Colin Baker and Paradise 5 in particular, she totally shines. Absolutely superb. And as for being too sexy or whatever, I prefer Peri's character to someone like River Song or even Captain Jack. Because although her clothing was sexy, she didn't use her looks to her advantage nor did she continually flirt or use innuendos every 5 minutes, she was just a good, solid character. Was she annoying? Yeah, at times. But I still think she's a good companion, and the more I listen to her on audio, and Rewatch her stories with Colin, my appreciation of her has grown. I quite liked her in The Two Doctors (I loved the line about how she loves games where she doesn't end up dead), but Petra, if you've only watched The Two Doctors with her in, I'd recommend watching a few more stories with her.
I have nothing against Peri or the actress who played her on TV and now in the audio range. Like I said, she was a teenage crush and I enjoyed her stories on TV. Petra should most definitely try another title and see if that will change her mind.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have nothing against Peri or the actress who played her on TV and now in the audio range. Like I said, she was a teenage crush and I enjoyed her stories on TV. Petra should most definitely try another title and see if that will change her mind.
Crushing aside (she was, and still is, very attractive), I liked her character and felt the production helped spoil a very good character with both costume (same with Colin) and accent. Had she been able to speak and dress the way she would like, she'd be remembered more favourably imo.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Crushing aside (she was, and still is, very attractive), I liked her character and felt the production helped spoil a very good character with both costume (same with Colin) and accent. Had she been able to speak and dress the way she would like, she'd be remembered more favourably imo.
I thought she did very well in the Stranger videos she did circa 1992.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I could do that see its similar to how I felt with matha jones i hated her at the start now rewatching the series i do enjoy her character more and more .. i do need to watch more episodes with her in it
Old 10-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to hear.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Good to hear.
Yer i know
Old 02-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Matt and Jenna hung out recently!

Doctor Who stars Jenna Coleman and Matt Smith reunite at pre-BAFTA party | Daily Mail Online

credit:nowhollywood
Old 02-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that i miss them
Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

for a pic

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

wish we had more
Old 03-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the photo op! I thought Jenna was pretty in her first run with the Matt Smith Doctor even though I was so heartbroken over losing the Ponds. She had some great outfits and I liked that. I cant help but wonder how the series would have gone had Matt stayed and he and Jenna done s8 and s9 together.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread