Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Yeah Peladon only appeared twice, but it could very easily be introduced to a new audience, and I think they need to visit planets more imo...

Also- bring back the yeti!
I only saw one of the Peladon episodes but I thought it was pretty good and I'd like to see how theyd make it.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiesarecool (View Post)
I only saw one of the Peladon episodes but I thought it was pretty good and I'd like to see how theyd make it.
The thing with the old series, is that the Doctor would start an episode going to see somebody from his past or a planet that he'd previously vistited, most of which had never been seen by the audience before. They should do that more. Could go to Peladon for the funeral of Alpha Centuri- mainly cos I found Alpha unbelievably annoying - but have the funeral hyjacked by Ice Warriors or something...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The thing with the old series, is that the Doctor would start an episode going to see somebody from his past or a planet that he'd previously vistited, most of which had never been seen by the audience before. They should do that more. Could go to Peladon for the funeral of Alpha Centuri- mainly cos I found Alpha unbelievably annoying - but have the funeral hyjacked by Ice Warriors or something...
I actually liked Alpha Centuri but he could be quite annoying. I think they should do as you said an go and visit on of his past allies or friends. I personally would like to see more about Jenny (The Doctors Daughter) because I could see that going somewhere.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually liked Alpha Centuri but he could be quite annoying. I think they should do as you said an go and visit on of his past allies or friends. I personally would like to see more about Jenny (The Doctors Daughter) because I could see that going somewhere.
I agree. I always thought a travelling team of the Doctor, Jenny and Sally Sparrow would have worked...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree. I always thought a travelling team of the Doctor, Jenny and Sally Sparrow would have worked...
I more thought of Jenny as someone a bit like River travels by herself but works with the Doctor a lot. Sally Sparrow, yes I would love to see her back.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I more thought of Jenny as someone a bit like River travels by herself but works with the Doctor a lot. Sally Sparrow, yes I would love to see her back.
I think either could work- full time companion or a River type role. Its odd Jenny never returned as RTD was going to kill her off in the original script until Steven Moffatt pursuaded him not to and let her live... why do that if he had no intention of using the character?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think either could work- full time companion or a River type role. Its odd Jenny never returned as RTD was going to kill her off in the original script until Steven Moffatt pursuaded him not to and let her live... why do that if he had no intention of using the character?
I thought that they would have brought her back for an episode before 10 regenerated but I think that Matt would work really well with her. Maybe theyll bring her back for the 50th anneversary.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It sounded like Moffat did that, but then kind of forgot about it. I don't think he asked knowing that he would later become show runner anyway, I don't think he had a specific plan.

I'm all for the Doctor going to more alien settings. Rewatching S1 you see how close the early New Who eps stuck to earth. The variety has gotten better over the years, but they need to keep it up.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
It sounded like Moffat did that, but then kind of forgot about it. I don't think he asked knowing that he would later become show runner anyway, I don't think he had a specific plan.

I'm all for the Doctor going to more alien settings. Rewatching S1 you see how close the early New Who eps stuck to earth. The variety has gotten better over the years, but they need to keep it up.
Seconded. Rose never actually went to another planet untill New Earth and after that unless you count Age of Steel she never went to another one till The Impossible Planet. So she only ever got 2 planets it was all space stations and time travel and I do like the episodes where they go to other worlds.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Seconded. Rose never actually went to another planet untill New Earth and after that unless you count Age of Steel she never went to another one till The Impossible Planet. So she only ever got 2 planets it was all space stations and time travel and I do like the episodes where they go to other worlds.
The first planet Rose went to barely qualified as another planet either, seeing as it was "New Earth". It was not much different from the episodes she spent hanging out on a space station above the original Earth.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The first planet Rose went to barely qualified as another planet either, seeing as it was "New Earth". It was not much different from the episodes she spent hanging out on a space station above the original Earth.
And 9 never went to a planet that we know of (although he proberbly did before he met Rose).
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

But the thing is he did know he was going to be show-runner at this stage, or at least according to RTD's book The Writer's Tale which is absolutely excellent, if anyone hasn't read it...
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But the thing is he did know he was going to be show-runner at this stage, or at least according to RTD's book The Writer's Tale which is absolutely excellent, if anyone hasn't read it...
Fair enough. btw whats the book about and where can I get it?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fair enough. btw whats the book about and where can I get it?
Its basically a series of emails between Russell T Davies and Doctor Who magazine writer Benjamin Cook, and it has copies of early scripts, where he gets his ideas from, along with just general chat, as well as more personal, meaningful discussions. Its a really interesting read and I'd reccomend it to any Doctor Who fan. Can get it online or at a good bookstore, i'd imagine
Old 02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Its basically a series of emails between Russell T Davies and Doctor Who magazine writer Benjamin Cook, and it has copies of early scripts, where he gets his ideas from, along with just general chat, as well as more personal, meaningful discussions. Its a really interesting read and I'd reccomend it to any Doctor Who fan. Can get it online or at a good bookstore, i'd imagine
I have to read this.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread