Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Series 7 Speculation

Since S7 is starting soon, I thought this was an appropriate time to start an S7 speculation thread.

This thread is not for spoilers (we have a Spoiler Forum for that). This thread is for thoughts about S7 based on what's happened in past episodes, hints about S7 from official sources (anything from the BBC Doctor Who website or Moffat), and whatever other wild speculation you care to throw in. You can also use this thread to speculate beyond S7, including the 50th anniversary next year.

As a first topic: At the end of S6, more was revealed about the Silence and why they were after the Doctor:

“On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered.”

And the nature of the question:

"The first question! The question that must never be answered! Hidden in plain sight! The question you've been running from all your life! Doctor Who?"

Now, this might not be resolved in S7, but you'd expect that the question that's going to follow the Doctor in S7. It could mean specifically his name (since River needs to find that out before the events of Silence in the Library), but I suspect as well that it means we'll learn a bit more about the Doctor's past. His real name isn't as important as why he keeps his name secret.

Then of course there's the disturbing "fall of the eleventh", which not-so-subtlely implies the Eleventh Doctor will regenerate whenever this happens.

So, thoughts? Wild speculation? What do you want to see happen in S7, and what do you think will happen?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Cheers for the thread

Dorium said Doctor Who three times- maybe every 3 past doctors return? Regardless I think that will be for the 50th.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Cheers for the thread

Dorium said Doctor Who three times- maybe every 3 past doctors return? Regardless I think that will be for the 50th.
I hope that at least David Tennant returns and as for the question I really hope that they dont answer it because the whole mystery around the doctor is a big part of the show.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiesarecool (View Post)
I hope that at least David Tennant returns and as for the question I really hope that they dont answer it because the whole mystery around the doctor is a big part of the show.
The Doctor's name is only interesting as long as it's not known, so they're never going to give that away.

But they can answer some questions about the Doctor's past without giving away all his secrets. There's his name and why it's secret, there's the role that the Doctor played within the Time War, there's his family, there's the fact that he's been a father and what happened to his child or children, etc. etc. In S3 for example they did explain a bit about the Doctor's childhood with respect to the Master, but there are still plenty of unanswered questions about the Doctor.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
The Doctor's name is only interesting as long as it's not known, so they're never going to give that away.

But they can answer some questions about the Doctor's past without giving away all his secrets. There's his name and why it's secret, there's the role that the Doctor played within the Time War, there's his family, there's the fact that he's been a father and what happened to his child or children, etc. etc. In S3 for example they did explain a bit about the Doctor's childhood with respect to the Master, but there are still plenty of unanswered questions about the Doctor.
agree, I don't think they will say his name, he will probably say it to River and we'll see him whisper in her ear maybe, (like he did in Let's Kill Hitler when he gave her the message to River).

The fall of the eleventh I'm pretty sure it means when he will regenerate onto the 12th incarnation, although, those words that Darim said might not happen in S7. I have a feeling that they will use S7 to develop and lead to that but that those events will happen season 8
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nooo Tennant is good but to get Tom Baker on board would be better imo- get David, Tom, Peter Davison and Sylvester Mccoy at least. That would make me happy. Getting Colin Baker, Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston as well as David, Tom, Peter and Sylv, would literally make me do a dance of joy and merryment. I'd be delighted. Having all living Doctors together

Question for the group as a whole- if they get Tom, Peter, Colin, Sylv, Paul, Chris, David all back for a multi-doctor episode, how would you address the lack of the first three Doctors- recast them? Or explain that they've been captured and need the other's help...?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Nooo Tennant is good but to get Tom Baker on board would be better imo- get David, Tom, Peter Davison and Sylvester Mccoy at least. That would make me happy. Getting Colin Baker, Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston as well as David, Tom, Peter and Sylv, would literally make me do a dance of joy and merryment. I'd be delighted. Having all living Doctors together

Question for the group as a whole- if they get Tom, Peter, Colin, Sylv, Paul, Chris, David all back for a multi-doctor episode, how would you address the lack of the first three Doctors- recast them? Or explain that they've been captured and need the other's help...?
Honestly, no idea, but they could find an explanation.. I don't know I would say something as those incarnations were lost in the time vortex or got trapped in another universe or in a void between universes... but no idea really
Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

If they recast the first 3 doctoors I will be very dissapointed. Having someone else play their roles just wouldnt be the same.
And I agree Tom Baker should definatly come back.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If they recast the first 3 doctoors I will be very dissapointed. Having someone else play their roles just wouldnt be the same.
It's not unprecedented though, they recast the First Doctor for The Five Doctors.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's not unprecedented though, they recast the First Doctor for The Five Doctors.
If they do they better do it well.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What would you do? Recasting one Doctor, fine, but three? Can it be pulled off?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking but I cant seem to think of a solution. Wibbily wobbily timey wimey doesnt seem to cut it.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't try to bring back every incarnation of the Doctor. I'd involve as many actors who've played the Doctor and companions as possible, but I wouldn't try to make another The Five Doctors but with all eleven this time. As I've said before, I'd do something more like Zagreus, something that involved all the actors but not necessarily playing their original characters.

By the way, have you ever seen Dimensions in Time?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't try to bring back every incarnation of the Doctor. I'd involve as many actors who've played the Doctor and companions as possible, but I wouldn't try to make another The Five Doctors but with all eleven this time. As I've said before, I'd do something more like Zagreus, something that involved all the actors but not necessarily playing their original characters.

By the way, have you ever seen Dimensions in Time?
I have seen Dimensions in Time. Its pretty naff but good to see the Doctor's back and Colin with the Brig. But I know you, and also Sylvester, would prefer the Zagreus appoach but I'd much prefer a proper multi-doctor story. Need to see Tom Baker back in the iconic scarf and hat, okay larger and greyer than before, but still the same old Doctor. Same with all of them tbh...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I have seen Dimensions in Time. Its pretty naff but good to see the Doctor's back and Colin with the Brig. But I know you, and also Sylvester, would prefer the Zagreus appoach but I'd much prefer a proper multi-doctor story. Need to see Tom Baker back in the iconic scarf and hat, okay larger and greyer than before, but still the same old Doctor. Same with all of them tbh...
I second that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread