Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

I think we need a Clara checklist:

- she was an astronaut (?) I forgot exactly, but she was that before she was turned into a Dalek
- she was a Dalek
- she was a tutor/teacher
- she was a waitress

Not that these have any relations with each other, and I haven't been caught up with s1-4 yet, so are those jobs familiar? Has anybody else in the DW universe been those people too?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

So... not suffering with unemployment then
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
I think we need a Clara checklist:

- she was an astronaut (?) I forgot exactly, but she was that before she was turned into a Dalek
- she was a Dalek
- she was a tutor/teacher
- she was a waitress

Not that these have any relations with each other, and I haven't been caught up with s1-4 yet, so are those jobs familiar? Has anybody else in the DW universe been those people too?
Do you want to stick to "New Who" or should I go into the older stuff too?

(Note: Some S1-4 spoilers, I felt that I had to say this since you said you aren't caught up yet)

Astronaut (?):
River in Series 6
(After this the doctor is presumed dead to the rest of the Universe)

Dalek (Specifically Human/Dalek hybrids, like Clara was):
The first Dalek in series one absorbed Roses DNA.
Then there was Dalek Sec who became a hybrid in series three.
(Death appears to be a common connection to Clara... Both the first Dalek and Sec died.)

Teacher:
In series three the Doctor was a teacher when he temporarily became human and erased his memories.
(In the episode in order for the doctor to come back John Smith (The doctor in human form) had to "die".)

Waitress:
Astrid Peth the companion from voyage of the dammed, who also died in her first (and only) appearance.

Now, aside from the fact all of the episodes that they appear in someone dies. they also involve something/someone changing/evolving to or from human, Time lord or Dalek to something else:

The Teselecta changes into the doctor
Dalek to Dalek humans
Time Lord to Human and back to Time Lord
Human to "Stardust"

If I had to guess who or what Clara is. I'd say that she is the girl/Dalek from AotD and when the planet blew up she was somehow thrown into the time vortex.

The vortex changed her from a Dalek into something new. She is reborn across time because of her connection to the vortex, basically when she dies her mind returns to the vortex and her memories reshape her body and when the process is complete the vortex drops her in whichever time period is the closest.

In series four the doctors companions are called the children of time, which could be used as foreshadowing if I'm right. Anyways that's my wild idea for whats going on.
FaceTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Quote:

(Note: Some S1-4 spoilers, I felt that I had to say this since you said you aren't caught up yet)

Astronaut (?):
River in Series 6

(Death appears to be a common connection to Clara... Both the first Dalek and Sec died.)

Teacher:
In series three the Doctor was a teacher when he temporarily became human and erased his memories.
(In the episode in order for the doctor to come back John Smith (The doctor in human form) had to "die".)

Waitress:
Astrid Peth the companion from voyage of the dammed, who also died in her first (and only) appearance.

Now, aside from the fact all of the episodes that they appear in someone dies. they also involve something/someone changing/evolving to or from human, Time lord or Dalek to something else:

Dalek to Dalek humans
Human to "Stardust"

If I had to guess who or what Clara is. I'd say that she is the girl/Dalek from AotD and when the planet blew up she was somehow thrown into the time vortex.

The vortex changed her from a Dalek into something new. She is reborn across time because of her connection to the vortex, basically when she dies her mind returns to the vortex and her memories reshape her body and when the process is complete the vortex drops her in whichever time period is the closest.

In series four the doctors companions are called the children of time, which could be used as foreshadowing if I'm right. Anyways that's my wild idea for whats going on.
I love these!!!

And I forgot that Ten was a professor in an ep when his robot dog/pet came back to help or something. I forgot the ep name but I just remembered.

It makes sense that we discuss the classic ones too because I'm guessing Moffat & Co. get their ideas from there too.

I especially liked the theory about the vortex because it's plausible.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Quote:

Astronaut (?):
River in Series 6

Teacher:

Waitress:

Dalek to Dalek humans
Human to "Stardust"

I love these!!!

And I forgot that Ten was a professor in an ep when his robot dog/pet came back to help or something. I forgot the ep name but I just remembered.

It makes sense that we discuss the classic ones too because I'm guessing Moffat & Co. get their ideas from there too.

I especially liked the theory about the vortex because it's plausible.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Wow- given it a lot more thought than I had... I feel shabby now with my oh-so-witty remark Great post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

I think her jobs are going to come into play with her character revelation, that's why I was asking
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

I think her jobs are going to come into play with her character revelation, that's why I was asking
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

'Doctor Who' return date confirmed by BBC - Doctor Who News - Cult - Digital Spy

We have a return date!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we won't wait for the new series that long! Awesome!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Doctor Who star Alex Kingston joins Arrow cast | SciFiNow
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I didn't know where to post this

Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
whoa all these doctow who connections first jack now river they are all connected

i love that artwork
Reply   Post New Thread