Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Yes to a Time War film.
That could the subject for the Dr Who movie they keep talking about wanting to do! Surely the Moff is not against us seeing the Time War in some detail in a 90 minute film.
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
That could the subject for the Dr Who movie they keep talking about wanting to do! Surely the Moff is not against us seeing the Time War in some detail in a 90 minute film.
See I hope not either cause he can have a slight imput but otherwise it wouldn't effect the tv series
Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
See I hope not either cause he can have a slight imput but otherwise it wouldn't effect the tv series
There are stories filmmakers could tell that would not affect what Moff is currently doing with the series. It is a tad bit selfish of him to want to stand in the way of them doing a movie just because he is in charge of the TV Series IMHO.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There are stories filmmakers could tell that would not affect what Moff is currently doing with the series. It is a tad bit selfish of him to want to stand in the way of them doing a movie just because he is in charge of the TV Series IMHO.
Completely 1000% agree. Also don't like his stance on multi-doctor stories because he says 'which one would appear on the lunchbox?' to which I say, erm, both? Or all the Doctors? Still annoys me to this day.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Completely 1000% agree. Also don't like his stance on multi-doctor stories because he says 'which one would appear on the lunchbox?' to which I say, erm, both? Or all the Doctors? Still annoys me to this day.
Yeah like how they all appeared on many different pieces of merchandise during the 2013 50th anniversary year. I mean, there were all kinds of stuff that had all the then-11 Doctors depicted on them.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah like how they all appeared on many different pieces of merchandise during the 2013 50th anniversary year. I mean, there were all kinds of stuff that had all the then-11 Doctors depicted on them.
Exactly. I feel Classic Who gets badly neglected by the powers that be...
Old 05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I feel Classic Who gets badly neglected by the powers that be...
Absolutely. We are in agreement. I want a Who movie bad now. It could be a financial success.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Absolutely. We are in agreement. I want a Who movie bad now. It could be a financial success.
My thoughts entirely!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ i think if they write it right it would be epic
Old 05-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Im so glad we are all in agreement on this. It makes sense for there to be a Doctor Who movie. And they should keep it with canon by having a legitimate incarnation featuring in it. Like Paul McGann who remains very popular with the fanbase. Would anyone be against a Who movie with the Richard E Grant Scream of the Shalka Doctor, done live-action this time?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Im so glad we are all in agreement on this. It makes sense for there to be a Doctor Who movie. And they should keep it with canon by having a legitimate incarnation featuring in it. Like Paul McGann who remains very popular with the fanbase. Would anyone be against a Who movie with the Richard E Grant Scream of the Shalka Doctor, done live-action this time?
Paul doing the movue would make sense whats the seconf bit?
Old 05-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Paul doing the movue would make sense whats the seconf bit?
Just an alternative choice for Doctor, Richard E Grant- who played the villian in The Snowmen and The Name of the Doctor-starred in a 2003 animated webcast adventure as an alternative Doctor. I mention his name only for those who might want to see him do the role in live-action, if they can't get McGann.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just an alternative choice for Doctor, Richard E Grant- who played the villian in The Snowmen and The Name of the Doctor-starred in a 2003 animated webcast adventure as an alternative Doctor. I mention his name only for those who might want to see him do the role in live-action, if they can't get McGann.
I'd be up for it. He was quality as The Great Intelligence. I do own Scream of Shalka but having acquired it very recently- ie last week- I haven't gotten round to watching it yet.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'd be up for it. He was quality as The Great Intelligence. I do own Scream of Shalka but having acquired it very recently- ie last week- I haven't gotten round to watching it yet.
Wait till u see it, Tim. It is quite good. It is six parts and runs a little less than an actual six-parter TV serial might. It also offers the Shalka, a new race of enemies for the Doctor and the Earth...

Last edited by CommanderM; 05-21-2015 at 06:09 PM
Old 05-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Arh thats cool
Reply   Post New Thread