Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

The War Doctor/John Hurt Appriciation Thread ~Because he was the Doctor when it wasn't possible to get it right~

Welcome to the
John Hurt/War Doctor
Appreciation Thread

Fans of the forgotten Doctor:
1. Almeida's Army
2. SummerFalls
3. albion_princess
4. fluffybunny
5 . lisagslack14
6. sourburst
7. One Thing Remains

Last edited by Summer Falls; 02-23-2020 at 06:20 AM
Almeida's Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

You've got to say well done to Christopher Ecclestone for putting in a great performance in 2005 so we could get to this John hurt awesomeness
joemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac (View Post)
You've got to say well done to Christopher Ecclestone for putting in a great performance in 2005 so we could get to this John hurt awesomeness
You have literally just said that to annoy me Thank you Joe. Thanks a bunch #Huff
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I sense you are not sincere in what you say I bet you took ages to think of that.
In all seriousness though if Christopher Ecclestone gave a bad performance in 2005 then the show would surely have been cancelled.
And wait a minute isn't that my #
Old 12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I sense you are not sincere in what you say I bet you took ages to think of that.
In all seriousness though if Christopher Ecclestone gave a bad performance in 2005 then the show would surely have been cancelled.
And wait a minute isn't that my #
It did. It really did. It took half an hour and I had to take breaks due to thinking for too long

As to your point regarding Mr Eccleston, this is a John Hurt thread If you would like to address that particular portrayal, there is a thread for that incarnation of the time lord

And yes. It was your hash tag. And now its mine. ALL MINE!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would like to take this opportunity to officially thank the moderator of this forum for reminding me that there is indeed a Christopher Ecclestone appreciation thread. However as the moderator of the forum is doubtless aware the fact that John hurt is in the series is indirectly down to Christopher Ecclestone so you might say they're quite strongly linked and so therefore relevant to this section.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would like to take this opportunity to officially thank the moderator of this forum for reminding me that there is indeed a Christopher Ecclestone appreciation thread. However as the moderator of the forum is doubtless aware the fact that John hurt is in the series is indirectly down to Christopher Ecclestone so you might say they're quite strongly linked and so therefore relevant to this section.
Incorrect sir, it is down to the people that make the show so Mr Ecclestone can appear. It's the makeup artists, its the runners, its the tea lady, its the work experience boy and its the Christmas temp. These are the true heroes of the show. Without them, we'd be doing something else right now. Like writing that letter!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

When was the last time you saw the words the make up was so horrifyingly bad the show was cancelled or the office temp mixed up the drinks order so much that insert channel here had to cancel.
Unfortunately we just have to accept while it's a team game there are star players.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know the next time the lead actor doesn't show up we could get the make up lady to stand in the acting would be poor but at least she would look great. Hey I may have just found one of the only contexts in which I can mention a woman's looks and nobody can complain about the objectification of women.
#Success
Old 12-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When was the last time you saw the words the make up was so horrifyingly bad the show was cancelled
Did you see Colin Baker years?

Quote:
Unfortunately we just have to accept while it's a team game there are star players.
Indeed. And there are those, when the team needs their star player, that sit on the bench and say 'I don't want to be typecasted' and leaves a Super Sub like Mr Hurt to save the day, with a strong performance (Much like Lallana on Saturday) but it wasn't enough to get the win, as the 50th still felt like the 8th due to no classic Doctors.
So, in short, John Hurt is like Adam Lallana, Eccleston is like Gaston Ramirez And I think me and you will be the only ones that get these references

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 12-15-2013 at 10:51 PM
Old 12-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

add me please
Old 12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethamgal (View Post)
add me please
Done
Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Done
Thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 12-21-2013 at 08:50 PM
Old 10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ awesome art
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote