Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Partners in crime just all around great episode for me for many reasons

The humor between the two characters just make it so enjoyable its on of the funniesr DW episode
It was also the 1st episode i watched live after doing a 3 seasons binge watch of the series
Catherine tate also was a great thing i loved her skits so her to be on my fav show a win win for me
Plus the acting and storyline were superb so it worked well for me .

Turn left kind of similar to blink its one of the episode when the Doctor not in it a whole lot
Its carried through someone elses eyes which is interesting to see .
Donna + Rose a great match they kept thame continuity going on which i loved .
Storyline was great and sad a possibility with no doctor means WW3 its sad but they did it so well

New Earth another great acting episode for david and billie as cassandra was just brilliant and funny
Storywise it wss great .. i just thouchf it was another great hunour episode as well its one of the rose & docfor episodes that really stand out for me ..
Plus i like cassandra a great badie also shes from HP hello

Time heist see Peter calpaldis episodes is hard to narrow it down to what i like season 8 was ok peters great the storylines were ok the other season of DW just were way better for me ..
I knes i had to put one in and i thought again which is the episode li have watched more than once
And this is they only episode that i have ..
I really enjoyed the quick change into knowing what was happening to not knowing aka when they loose there memory and they dont know why.
I like the extra characters they all fitted in nicely i always wished to see them again .
Plus breaking into a bank sounds exciting plus my favorite reason is why they did it in the end made me happy .

Season 8 was a huge change for the show/doctor it didn't have the same rhythm as seasons before so it didnt feel like doctor who for me this episode brought it back to dw ways the doctor doing kt for the creature made me so happy
Old 01-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Okay here's my list:
  1. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
    - S4 is the fist DW season I've seen so I've grown attached to this Doctor & Donna. While I know Catherine only did 1 season, I didn't know how her exit panned out. I was so devastated watching this ep. I have not experienced any regeneration or companion exit yet so this was my first and it wrecked me. I like episodes that gets some reaction from me whether it is happy or sad so this is my favorite and one I'll never forget.
  2. The Eleventh Hour
    - First time for me to get used to the new Doctor and Matt Smith did not disappoint. This is the ep I recommend to anyone new to watching Doctor Who.
  3. Blink
    - I don't like getting scared so this is only 3rd for me but this ep just delivered. The Weeping Angels has to be one of the best villains in the Moffat era.
  4. Human Nature/The Family of Blood
    - The Doctor as a human and a 2-parter as well. I'll never forget this ep because David was brilliant and I like the entire story as well with how The Doctor had to be human for a while.
  5. Vincent and the Doctor
    - Villain for this ep was pretty lame but what I really like is how Tony Curran as Vincent delivered. Up to this day, I still cry watching this ep. The end part where Vincent travelled to the future and saw his paintings and how everyone admired them was so heartbreaking to watch knowing what he did to himself.
  6. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
    - I remember watching this ep and really being impressed with the story and in particular, I was curious about River Song (whose character makes a first appearance on the show). Like I said, S4 was my first time watching DW and I was impressed with how this 2-parter panned out.
  7. The Girl Who Waited
    - I love the dynamic of Matt, Karen & Arthur so this ep was a good one for them. Some great acting all around too. The end part of this ep destroyed me, again, I like it when episodes gets some reaction out of me so this one is up there as one of my favorites.
  8. The Angels Take Manhattan
    - For so many reasons, I'll never forget this ep. Yeah, the timey-wimey stuff was confusing and unnecessary but Amy & Rory are gone and I couldn't quite believe it. By this time, I always look forward to companion exits because I know for sure it will sucker punch me.
  9. The Day of the Doctor
    - Mainly because Eleven & Ten are together but as a whole, I did enjoy it. Not too keen on the Zygons SL but give me timey-wimey and amazing Doctors in an ep (and we even get UNIT) and I'll enjoy it.
  10. Listen
    - That barn scene alone just made the ep for me. Again, I was iffy with Twelve as the Doctor after Matt left but Peter was brilliant and this is the ep that made me like him as the Doctor.
I likely wouldn't have Listen or Girl Who Waited (and of course Day of the Doctor!) but otherwise excellent list- in fact it reminded me I completely forgot to include Vincent and the Doctor... May have to alter my list. Probably put it in ahead of the Mummy on the Orient Express...
Old 01-14-2017, 05:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ that episode great i think the end scene of vincent one was the best bit

PS ill post another video tomorrow to dicuss
Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
The humor between the two characters just make it so enjoyable its on of the funniesr DW episode
It was also the 1st episode i watched live after doing a 3 seasons binge watch of the series
Catherine tate also was a great thing i loved her skits so her to be on my fav show a win win for me
Plus the acting and storyline were superb so it worked well for me .
Oh so you caught up by S4? I didn't know that.

Quote:
New Earth another great acting episode for david and billie as cassandra was just brilliant and funny
Storywise it wss great .. i just thouchf it was another great hunour episode as well its one of the rose & docfor episodes that really stand out for me ..
Plus i like cassandra a great badie also shes from HP hello
Zoe Wanamaker aka Madame Hooch?

Quote:
Season 8 was a huge change for the show/doctor it didn't have the same rhythm as seasons before so it didnt feel like doctor who for me this episode brought it back to dw ways the doctor doing kt for the creature made me so happy
I thought S8 was just okay and I liked S9 more actually. I probably only like S8 for Missy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I likely wouldn't have Listen or Girl Who Waited (and of course Day of the Doctor!) but otherwise excellent list- in fact it reminded me I completely forgot to include Vincent and the Doctor... May have to alter my list. Probably put it in ahead of the Mummy on the Orient Express...
From your list I like Girl in the Fireplace, Asylum of the Daleks and Name of the Doctor. But most probably Girl in the Fireplace because that ep was just SO well-acted and the story was engaging. One of my favorite S2 eps.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yes madum Hooch there are so many HP actors on this show both of the greatest british things

and yes season 4 is when i watched it live
Old 01-15-2017, 08:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

new video

Old 01-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Now the big question, are we counting the Brigadier? He should count as he did travel in the TARDIS in the episode The Three Doctors and is probably the most important character in the Doctor's life for a number of years...

Also do we count audio companions? Lucie Miller, Flip Jackson, Jago and Litefoot, Ethlyn Smythe etc?
Old 01-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Now the big question, are we counting the Brigadier? He should count as he did travel in the TARDIS in the episode The Three Doctors and is probably the most important character in the Doctor's life for a number of years...

Also do we count audio companions? Lucie Miller, Flip Jackson, Jago and Litefoot, Ethlyn Smythe etc?
Well i dont know much about the audio one so maybe just stick to the normal actually you can add them why not.. and brig yer he should of been on it some fan mentioned that and im shock why they didnt have him
Old 01-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well i dont know much about the audio one so maybe just stick to the normal actually you can add them why not.. and brig yer he should of been on it some fan mentioned that and im shock why they didnt have him
Yeah it's a fairly ridiculous ruling that certain fans use- especially when they count companions who appeared significantly less. It's just cos he doesn't fit the norm. Tbh, I include both Benton and Yates as Benton also travelled in the TARDIS in the Three Doctors, and Mike Yates travelled in the TARDIS in the Third Doctor Adventures audio series from Big Finish, but I can see why people don't count them but the Brig should definitely count.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Petra, I'm only doing New Who since I'm still watching Classic (rather slowly, I'm afraid).
  1. Donna Noble - S4 was the first DW season I've seen so I'm very fond of Donna and how she was just a "mate" to the Doctor. And her exit was the most devastating for me as it was also the first time I've seen a companion exit.
  2. Amy Pond & Rory Williams - At first I didn't like that she had a crush on the Doctor since she was engaged but I'm glad that changed eventually. I like the idea of a couple travelling with the Doctor (kind of like Ian & Barbara for the First Doctor although they weren't married). Their exit was the 2nd most devastating for me.
  3. Rose Tyler - If I was going to ship the Doctor with a companion it's Rose. After I saw all her seasons, I understood why there are a lot of fans who really loved her relationship with the Doctor. Her exit on the show is also very devastating but at least it got a happy ending.
  4. Clara Oswald - I think one word that would describe Clara for me is: nice. There's really not a lot to hate about her. However I enjoyed her dynamic with 12 more than 11 and that's probably because they spent more time together.
  5. Martha Jones - After coming in the heels of Rose, I was excited for another new companion. But after the drama with the Doctor & Rose, I wasn't too thrilled with her having a thing for the Doctor too so I picked her last. Freema's dynamic with David is good though and overall S3 was one of those better RTD seasons, imo.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yeah it's a fairly ridiculous ruling that certain fans use- especially when they count companions who appeared significantly less. It's just cos he doesn't fit the norm. Tbh, I include both Benton and Yates as Benton also travelled in the TARDIS in the Three Doctors, and Mike Yates travelled in the TARDIS in the Third Doctor Adventures audio series from Big Finish, but I can see why people don't count them but the Brig should definitely count.
Yer he has been in the show for a long time to and his a great character so add brig in for sure

^ Lindsey thags ok stick to what and who you know .. i neet to think about mine i must say i was happy to see that Sarah Jane was number 1
Old 01-16-2017, 11:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
^ Lindsey thags ok stick to what and who you know .. i neet to think about mine i must say i was happy to see that Sarah Jane was number 1
She seems to be a popular companion which is understandable as she got her own spinoff show. I probably should have included the companions for the Specials... I'll revise my list tomorrow.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
She seems to be a popular companion which is understandable as she got her own spinoff show. I probably should have included the companions for the Specials... I'll revise my list tomorrow.
Its who ever ks your top 10
Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Honourable Mentions: Martha, Ace, Tegan, Zoe and Victoria. Plus Benton and Yates who I feel should count but generally don't, despite the counting of one off episode companions like Astrid and Christina- both of whom I like- but if they count, Benton and Yates should but they never seem to in these lists sadly.

1. Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
2. Jo Grant
3. Jamie McCrimmon
4. Sarah Jane Smith
5. Clara Oswald
6. Ian Chesterton
7. Leela
8. Nyssa
9. Peri
10. Romana II
Old 01-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Moderator Support Team