Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 03:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I adored the Eighth Doctor but was so disappointed with the tv movie.

Thanks for posting that.
yer a lot of people where

fingers crossed for matt
Old 02-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I tolerated the TV Movie as for a long time, it was the last live-action full adventure for the Doctor. But like my Mom says it was a bit darker than most Whos are. And she was right.

As for what the current Doctor is up to during the hiatus, he is very probably playing his guitar. I loved how he was playing it in his first scene in The Zygon Invasion while inside of the Tardis.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Absolute Fan

dp

Last edited by CommanderM; 02-15-2016 at 02:39 PM
Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I tolerated the TV Movie as for a long time, it was the last live-action full adventure for the Doctor. But like my Mom says it was a bit darker than most Whos are. And she was right.

As for what the current Doctor is up to during the hiatus, he is very probably playing his guitar. I loved how he was playing it in his first scene in The Zygon Invasion while inside of the Tardis.
I started to watch the movie i didnt mind it had an issue with how American it was tbh ..

Peter/Doctor playing the guitar amazing his got skills
Old 02-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They tried to make it appeal to the Americans, which didn't work, as one of the reason people love Doctor Who is because it's British.

Quote:
I was so excited to hear about the TV Movie, which is probably why I was so disappointed with it.

Paul McGann was wonderful, but there was so much for me to dislike.

Quote:
Yes, I can see him in the TARDIS playing his guitar.

Last edited by albion_princess; 02-19-2016 at 01:58 PM
Old 02-19-2016, 04:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thats the bad thing dw is all British its the only way it works
Old 02-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Doctor Who would be so different it was American.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Please keep in mind that the so-called "american" TV Movie was actually filmed in Vancouver. The Doctor was british. And the story borrowed heavily from two or three "classic" episodes.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Please keep in mind that the so-called "american" TV Movie was actually filmed in Vancouver. The Doctor was british. And the story borrowed heavily from two or three "classic" episodes.
Saying that a lot off American shows are filmed in Vancouver its just easier .. and the other side you are right
Old 02-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I just smply hate being blamed for the TV Movie like its our fault its viewed as american and was so bad
Old 02-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just smply hate being blamed for the TV Movie like its our fault its viewed as american and was so bad
I think it's less american in general and more the FOX network that gets blamed tbh.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I think it's less american in general and more the FOX network that gets blamed tbh.
And yet you seldom if ever hear it referred to as the FOX TV Movie as opposed to the American TV Movie.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was aware of that.

Quote:
I've never blamed Americans, I completely blame the people who made it.

It was also not as popular in the US as it was in the UK and I did say that people love that Doctor Who is British.

I should have also said that American Doctor Who fans love that it's British. Sorry if I upset you.

And when I said it was made to appeal to Americans, this is a diss on the makers and not Americans. People who make films or tv programmes can often treat their viewers like idiots. Doesn't mean the viewers are stupid.

Last edited by albion_princess; 02-20-2016 at 02:27 PM
Old 02-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I was aware of that.

I've never blamed Americans, I completely blame the people who made it.

It was also not as popular in the US as it was in the UK and I did say that people love that Doctor Who is British.

I should have also said that American Doctor Who fans love that it's British. Sorry if I upset you.

And when I said it was made to appeal to Americans, this is a diss on the makers and not Americans. People who make films or tv programmes can often treat their viewers like idiots. Doesn't mean the viewers are stupid.
Thanks for taking the time to explain, I appreciate that. I am ok, just a bit worn out by people I have heard bash americans for the film when we didnt make it. I appreciate you clarifying your original intent. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's ok .

I also understand why you'd be upset.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread