Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2020, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
To be honest, i'm not watching it either. I haven't seen this series at all (other than the odd clip). I have accepted that it just isn't to my liking. I don't want to see the show cancelled. The next Doctor, male or female, hopefully will be more to my liking.
Thats an honest reasoning i have to admit last season jad it hits and miss to which i do understand why it will turn off some people but this season been pretty good
Old 02-20-2020, 01:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I love the show. It’s the long hiatuses that get me so far behind. When a new episode hasn’t aired in over a year I have kinda moved on to other things and it’s hard to get my focus back and carve out time to watch it since it’s been so long since I have seen an ep.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's how UK shows have always worked, though, it's not something that's specific to DW. Shorter seasons, longer hiatus are the norm here. Makes for better TV.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-20-2020, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

That it makes for better TV is an opinion. It's what you're used to. Here series have 22 episodes that air over an 8 month or so period. It's a preference. Of course if short series is all that's available and what you're used to it's the way it should be in your mind.

I tend to lose interest in shows that don't have any new eps for 9 - 12 months of the year. I guess I have ADD and I've moved on to something different by that point. Doesn't matter if it's a Netlix, Hulu, BBC, Prime, ect show. I tend to follow shows that have 22 eps a year better because it's not off the air long enough for me to move on to different things.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

22 episodes 9 times out of 10 means a significant dip in quality. Very few shows can manage it well.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yeah. All my fav shows have managed it well (BtVS, Supernatural, Babylon 5, Farscape, to name a few) and many of the "filler" episodes were my fav for the season. It allowed to explore different avenues and characters instead of making every episode count towards the seasonal arc.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't watch any of those, and tbh never had any interest in any, but I've seen countless complaints saying the exact opposite about Supernatural

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think that's because different people like different things. And I am not hyper critical of the shows I like to watch. They are entertainment and I choose to enjoy them. A lot of fans get bent out of shape over so many things. I just don't have the time. If I start not liking a show I turn it off and don't continue watching it instead of complaining about it.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do that too, still see the complaints thought, even about shows I've never watched.

With DW though, you have to consider that some people in the UK are actively boycotting the BBC right now.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-23-2020, 04:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I do that too, still see the complaints thought, even about shows I've never watched.

With DW though, you have to consider that some people in the UK are actively boycotting the BBC right now.
yeah boycottinh it cause she is a woman but TBH it is different the way it is as a whole is very different some might like it some might not .

season 11 was ok but if they did this season the same way i would of been turned off but this seasons been epic better storyling , bringing old things back i love that stuff

but i do agree certain shows go off air i focus on something else
Old 02-23-2020, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not boycotting the show, boycotting the network as a whole. Something about their election coverage.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I didn't know that the BBC was being boycotted. I wonder how long that will last.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Extreme Fan

How long is a piece of string?

There's also the matter of the licence fee, which is coming increasingly under fire, and rightfully so. it's wrong that we could be sent to prison. This isn't 1960 anymore, and the BBC has already become a dinosaur. The fee should be scrapped in favour of a subscription model. You want it, you pay for it. You don't pay for it, you don't get it.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The license fee is cheaper than it was and we get far more for it, but sending people to prison for not paying it is stupid, especially at a time where prisons are overcrowded and there's far more serious offenders. People that don't pay it just shouldn't have access to the BBC channels, it's ridiculous to say we need to pay it to watch any channel when the likes of ITV, Channel 4 etc. don't benefit from it. Why should they be told people can only legally watch their channel if they pay a fee for another network?

Between that and the election coverage, I can't see the boycott ending for a while.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-25-2020, 06:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
The license fee is cheaper than it was and we get far more for it, but sending people to prison for not paying it is stupid, especially at a time where prisons are overcrowded and there's far more serious offenders. People that don't pay it just shouldn't have access to the BBC channels, it's ridiculous to say we need to pay it to watch any channel when the likes of ITV, Channel 4 etc. don't benefit from it. Why should they be told people can only legally watch their channel if they pay a fee for another network?

Between that and the election coverage, I can't see the boycott ending for a while.
ohh wow i didnt know that was happening .. wow
Closed Thread   Post New Thread