Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah basically the fight scene goes on for a while so they maybe cut 60-70 sec out of it.

Basically Robin cuts of the Sheriff's head, Clara is surprised when he started talking again. We then learn the space ship landed on him, they gave him a robot body and attached his head to it. The body holds Clara as a hostage for a moment until Robin throws the Sheriff's head towards the body and he lets go of Clara to catch it. The sward fight then continues with Robin.

So these robots might be related to the ones in London looking for the Promised Land.

It's a shame the scene was cut in the light of current events and really hope the unedited version makes it way to the DVD release.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Yeah basically the fight scene goes on for a while so they maybe cut 60-70 sec out of it.

Basically Robin cuts of the Sheriff's head, Clara is surprised when he started talking again. We then learn the space ship landed on him, they gave him a robot body and attached his head to it. The body holds Clara as a hostage for a moment until Robin throws the Sheriff's head towards the body and he lets go of Clara to catch it. The sward fight then continues with Robin.

So these robots might be related to the ones in London looking for the Promised Land.

It's a shame the scene was cut in the light of current events and really hope the unedited version makes it way to the DVD release.
It is a shame but they need to make note of the whole world viewing it ..
Old 09-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just what every Who geek wants!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKBi96vTHc
Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Personally I just find it ridiculous how 5 episodes leaked. Had they not been so stupidly lax, we wouldn't know to discuss this cut down scene at all. I hate the fact it's leaked. Just stupid and avoidable.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'm happy to say I didn't watch any of the leaks, or read any of the scripts. We only get Doctor Who once a year. Why spoil it by watching unfinished bootlegs?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm happy to say I didn't watch any of the leaks, or read any of the scripts. We only get Doctor Who once a year. Why spoil it by watching unfinished bootlegs?
My sentiments exactly. Also, if the BBC asked for fans not to watch it, then that's good enough for me.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a spoiler junkie for some show, love the leaked eps and for me it didn't take anything away from seeing the final product.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm a mixed i like knowing but I wouldn't watch a whole episode worth

And five episodes been a lot that's just weird
Old 09-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

The odd set report, the odd photo, the odd trailer- that's totally fine. Just enough to wet the appetite. But the whole episode? Definite overkill for me. Teasers are great, but I'd rather wait and watch the real deal when the enjoyment is going to be maximised as it will be finished and in color and on a big TV as opposed to a Laptop, then watch a grainy, half done version on a laptop...
Old 09-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
The odd set report, the odd photo, the odd trailer- that's totally fine. Just enough to wet the appetite. But the whole episode? Definite overkill for me. Teasers are great, but I'd rather wait and watch the real deal when the enjoyment is going to be maximised as it will be finished and in color and on a big TV as opposed to a Laptop, then watch a grainy, half done version on a laptop...
I agree I like to know things but not everything
Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Call me a spoiler man-whore then

Now a little change in topic. I've being trying to do the math on how old the Doctor is, During Davids reign he was about 900 years old but now he's over 2000 years old, does that mean Matt's Doctor lived for 1100 years, how the hell does that work?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Call me a spoiler man-whore then

Now a little change in topic. I've being trying to do the math on how old the Doctor is, During Davids reign he was about 900 years old but now he's over 2000 years old, does that mean Matt's Doctor lived for 1100 years, how the hell does that work?
Lol you can be that way doesn't mean your bad

Don't forget matts doctor lived out his life until he was grey and old so maybe that was 1100 years ?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

His aging has always been a mess in the new series. In Colin Baker's Revelation of the Daleks, he said that he was 900 years old. He then said he was 953 in Sylvester's first outing. He then went through all of the Seventh and Eighth Doctor's era which were pretty damn long (Especially counting all the excellent Big Finish audios) and fought the war as John Hurt, before Eccleston told Rose he was 900 years old! Just a mess.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
His aging has always been a mess in the new series. In Colin Baker's Revelation of the Daleks, he said that he was 900 years old. He then said he was 953 in Sylvester's first outing. He then went through all of the Seventh and Eighth Doctor's era which were pretty damn long (Especially counting all the excellent Big Finish audios) and fought the war as John Hurt, before Eccleston told Rose he was 900 years old! Just a mess.
Yep than there is that side to it
Old 09-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally I just find it ridiculous how 5 episodes leaked. Had they not been so stupidly lax, we wouldn't know to discuss this cut down scene at all. I hate the fact it's leaked. Just stupid and avoidable.
Agreed.

Regarding his age, I was under the impression that all that time he was stuck growing old on that one planet before he turned into 12 was a pretty good long time. I think it takes him awhile to age visibly. I mean, prior to that I think it had been a couple hundred years since 10 became 11 so...yes, they're spotty about his age, especially relating it between the old era and the new, but also they did sort of give themselves wiggleroom in how old he is by not having his companions travel with him all the time. Eleven would drop them off and pick them back up on occasion, traveling by himself, making new friends (like those 3 in 18-whatever London), etc.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread