Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: 6x04 "The Doctor's Wife"

The Doctor's Wife

The new episode is written by the acclaimed Neil Gaiman, features the brilliant Suranne Jones and has a title that sends the intrigue levels to maximum! It's also got the return of the Ood and a tantalising question: is the Doctor really the last of the Time Lords?

18:30, Saturday 14 May, BBC One
Old 05-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

I don't trust the title. It will just be another "The Doctor's Daughter"

But I am incredibly excited about this being Neil Gaiman's episode! And Suranne Jones!
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm right there with you

Even if I didn't know anything about this episode, I'd be excited for the sole fact that Neil Gaiman wrote it I have very high expectations, and I doubt they're unjustified I can't waaaiittttt!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Obviously, the title of this ep cannot be taken at face value. But I'm hoping it's better than The Doctor's Daughter

I confess that I know very little about Neil Gaiman, I just reconginze the name.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I highly, highly recommend all of his books I especially enjoyed Neverwhere, but they're all great. I think that anyone who likes Doctor Who will like his writing style, he's sort of got that same type of fantasy + comedy style down.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im so excited to see this episode!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am so ridiculously excited for this episode! It's the one non-Moffat written episode that I'm most excited for. I'd really love to see the return of Romana, but I doubt that's really going to be who he "got mail" from. Plus, this is Neil Gaiman. Writing an episode called "The Doctor's Wife." With a green eyed Ood! And Nine/Ten's TARDIS. With Amy and Rory inside. I'm wondering, since there's an Ood - which are known for their prophecies - if it might prophesize The Doctor's future marriage...perhaps to a one, River Song? I think the title is going to be multi-layered; misleading and not at the same time.
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

I am so psyched for this episode.
It's not even healthy how much I am excited for it.
I blame it on it being a Neil G. written episode and on the DW magazine I bought which just made it sound amazing without spoiling one single thing about it (nice job to them btw )
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

HAPPY WHO DAY!

only a few hours to go now
Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

That was without a doubt one of the most amazing episodes of doctor who I have ever seen!!!

I love Neil Gaiman. He and Steven Moffat should just write every single episode of DW forever.

I am still emotional over this episode. I will never get over the amazingness of this episode.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

This was just amazing! One of my very, very favourite Who episodes of all time and certainly one of the best of Matt Smith's reign so far.

I loved Suranne Jones as Idris and it was so wonderful to watch the Doctor and his TARDIS 'talk'. Awww.

I'm also convinced now more then ever that River Song is certainly not the Doctor's wife or anything along those lines. Having watched this episode, it shows that the TARDIS is really 'the Doctor's Wife' so to speak. Loved watching Idris and the Doctor argue like an old married couple

My heart just broke at the end when Idris/The TARDIS had to return to her normal state. Matt Smith played that so perfectly.

And how utterly amazing was it to see Nine/Ten's TARDIS again?

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
This was just amazing! One of my very, very favourite Who episodes of all time and certainly one of the best of Matt Smith's reign so far.

I loved Suranne Jones as Idris and it was so wonderful to watch the Doctor and his TARDIS 'talk'. Awww.

I'm also convinced now more then ever that River Song is certainly not the Doctor's wife or anything along those lines. Having watched this episode, it shows that the TARDIS is really 'the Doctor's Wife' so to speak. Loved watching Idris and the Doctor argue like an old married couple

My heart just broke at the end when Idris/The TARDIS had to return to her normal state. Matt Smith played that so perfectly.

And how utterly amazing was it to see Nine/Ten's TARDIS again?
Bascially all of this

I am still in awe over how amazing this episode was.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm right there with you guys. This was one of the most amazing episodes I have seen in a long, long time. Just absolutely beautiful, magical and it got me so emotional

It was so very Neil Gaiman too - I love how well his writing style works for Doctor Who. I am definitely hoping to see him write more episodes in the future.

Quote:
I'm also convinced now more then ever that River Song is certainly not the Doctor's wife or anything along those lines. Having watched this episode, it shows that the TARDIS is really 'the Doctor's Wife' so to speak.
Yes, same here. I might be a Doctor/Rose shipper, but when it comes down to it, I'm a true believer that there is only one DW OTP that counts - which is and has always been Doctor/TARDIS

And I LOVED seeing Nine/Ten's TARDIS console again. Also, how cool was it that we got to see a bit more of the TARDIS?

Sigh. This episode just left me completely happy
Old 05-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

i can't even being to express in words how much i adored and loved that entire episode. EVERYTHING was perfect. in fact, the ONLY thing wrong with that episode was that it was too short

As much as i ship Doctor/River, i think she might just be another companion, maybe they had something, idk, maybe (most likely) it's more complicated then that... but the true OTP on the show, is now and forever going to be Doctor/TARDIS
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bunk beds are cool!

Fantastic episode, love we got to find out more about arguably the main character of the entire show!

Quote:
I'm also convinced now more then ever that River Song is certainly not the Doctor's wife or anything along those lines. Having watched this episode, it shows that the TARDIS is really 'the Doctor's Wife' so to speak.
So did they have an affair

Off to watch confidential...
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread