Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's been too long since Christmas

But of course, my television stopped working last night.
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

what about iPlayer?
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I reckon that is what I have to do now At least you can watch it live on the iPlayer. But I'd rather watch it on the telly.
|it's about time
Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

Now that was very interesting. My mind is definitely blown

First of all: I loved the dedication to Lis

I loved that this time the Doctor did not know what was going to happen. And that cliffhanger? Amy's secret!

I actually quite liked River in this episode. Except for her "I am quite the screamer" comment Moffat just had to ruin it.

Rory was great, I loved his lines

That silence thing is creepy and reminded me of the 452 - voice wise at least.

Is it next week yet?
|it's about time
Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

My mind - B-L-O-W-N!!!!

Anyway:

Yay they dedicated the episode to Elisabeth Sladen I was sad all over again seeing it!

Ok I'll just post what stayed with me the most, because I'm missing the confidential :lol

Amy/doctor. they are sooooo cute. I love how you could tell how close and how important they are to each other.
The way Amy was heartbroken over the Doctor and how he finally agreed to take part in the mission because he trusts her.
I loved how they greeted each other as well!
They are my favourite part of the show

I'm still kinda meh on River, but I preferred her in this episode to the others. I still disliked a few of her lines, but overall I liked her!

Rory is still cute and funny.

I loved the funny one-liners. No show does those better than DW!!

And also - holy cliffhanger!! Just wow!!

No show is capable of making me go from sad, to ecstatic in a matter of seconds like DW can! I am so happy it's back!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I felt really sad for River when she told Rory about her and the Doctor. Must be horrible.

But I am just ready for them to tell us who she is. Otherwise it just gets annoying.
|it's about time
Old 04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
I felt really sad for River when she told Rory about her and the Doctor. Must be horrible.

But I am just ready for them to tell us who she is. Otherwise it just gets annoying.
That was pretty sad
Old 04-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

FLAWLESS EPISODE

i actually wanted to cry when the doctor died i thought something was going to be up, because no way would he wait 200+ years to see Amy and Rory again. no way. but i didn't think he was going to die

But obviously, since Matt has signed on for season 7, he wasn't going to stay dead, but how he ~came back was a shocker to me im just wondering if that means he's the final regeneration or do they do something next episode to change that. klsdjflskd mind is still blown

and RIVERRRR i just love her! when she was telling rory about how her and the doctor's timelines are... oh man i felt so sorry for her it's obvious how much she cares for him deeply. i hope a) they tell us who she is, i love the mystery of who she is to the doctor, i just hope it doesn't go on forever and b)they find a way to fix that timeline problem. lol.

amy and rory are still flawless, and OMG SHE'S PREGNANT a little pond is going to be running around, and i so can't wait. ugh, i love them so effing month. they're perfect and adorable. mr and mrs. pond are perfect

MARK SHEPPARD! YES! ugh i love him so much and i love his character so far and just everything, he's perfect. i hope he stays on for more than just these two episodes!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh god where to start? I loved it, it was so incredibly creepy and I love how it's all timey-wimey too (or I guess bumpy-wumpy, like Eleven called it now ).

I always hate giving my opinion on two-parters before I've seen both parts, so I am not going to say too much now either - except that I really love having this show back

Seeing the Doctor die in the beginning? Wow. I can't even... that was just something I didn't ever want to see! Even if it won't happen for another 200 years, but still... Does this mean they actually confirmed that there won't be another regeneration after Eleven now though?! Or I guess they'll somehow rewrite time again... Amy shooting that astronaut at the end might have done it, but then my theory of the astronaut being River wouldn't come true... I don't know, I don't know.

I have to say I am with those who like River a bit more now - still not a HUGE fan but I am definitely starting to like her. Her speech about her and the Doctor was so sad. But yes, give us some answers already. The whole mystery/spoilers bit is starting to get old. And some of her lines really are a bit over the top.

About the end - I wonder if Amy actually IS pregnant or if those creatures are doing something to her? I mean.. first she just felt sick, and we saw that the same thing happened to River when she saw them.. So maybe it's just some way they affect women? I sure hope they don't have some "impregnating the planet" thing going on, because... eww *shudder*.

Speaking of those creatures... I probably find them the creepiest Who monsters yet. The way they look, but also everything else about them. The way you forget them instantly - there could've been one in my room just now and I'd never know! Eeeee. Sometimes I hate living on my own, thanks Moffat they reminded me a lot of The Gentlemen from Buffy - with their suits and long hands and creepy pale faces and the way they didn't talk and somehow moved weirdly. And I always thought The Gentlemen to be the creepiest creatures out of any show - but these guys have pretty much taken their spot.

Some other things that the Jossverse fan in me enjoyed - seeing Mark Sheppard in this episode he was awesome. And that shot of the schoolbus in the desert in the beginning really reminded me of the very final moments of Buffy. Probably not intentional at all, but hey, I enjoyed it

I'm really looking forward to next week, the trailer looked E-P-I-C
Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm squeeing uncontrollably!!

- "The 'he's hot when he's clever face'"

- "I'm a screamer. There's a spoiler for you!"

- "Have we done Easter Island yet?"

The Doctor's face when River implies that she screams when they have sex, that was just brilliant! I laughed so hard! And when he popped her on the nose again, the second time since "The Big Bang!"

So far, this has been one of the best episodes yet!

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
About the end - I wonder if Amy actually IS pregnant or if those creatures are doing something to her? I mean.. first she just felt sick, and we saw that the same thing happened to River when she saw them.. So maybe it's just some way they affect women? I sure hope they don't have some "impregnating the planet" thing going on, because... eww *shudder*.
I don't think it's just women. The woman in the bathroom saw and forgot The Silent three times and never reacted like Amy and River did, so I think whatever is affecting Amy and River is the same thing. Which could mean that they're both pregnant. (River's "screaming" comment would certainly act as a setup for her being pregnant.) But even if they aren't both pregnant, I think the "sickness" is specific to them and whatever it is that's making them both sick, I theorize it's the same thing.

Last edited by Princess Pinky; 04-23-2011 at 02:14 PM
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know, the woman in the bathroom was only exposed to them for a short time - both Amy and River started developing those "symptoms" when they had seen them, then had been away from them for a bit - then saw them again

Maybe I just don't want them to be pregnant
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

I found it a bit weird that Amy was pregnant all of a sudden. When they had that picknick at the beginning she was drinking wine.

And I doubt she had the time to do a test after that? It seems a bit weird
|it's about time
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I knew there was something that was bugging me about it, and that's one thing. Also, she was all "I need to tell you something! I don't know exactly what but I need to tell you something and it's important!" and we know what it should be because the silence told her and us, and then she says that?! Something is not right.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

But the silence wanted her to tell the Doctor everything right? So maybe it was her brain, trying to come up with something else

My brain hurts from this episode.
Is it Saturday yet?
|it's about time
Old 04-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I guess there isn't much use speculating now because everything is going to be turned around next week anyway

But what you pointed out about her drinking wine pretty much seals the deal for me - that she can't actually be pregnant. They made a pretty big deal about the wine too, so that couldn't have been a coincidence at all.
Reply   Post New Thread