Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
See I'd go for the Brigadier- it would be an interesting character change, given how he started. I mean, he committed genocide on the Silurians, so to have him as the voice of reason against genocide would have been really interesting. Plus the developments on earth featuring his daughter again would have added extra reason for the Brigadier to be the one.
true but the only problem with him is the new era of whovians dont really no him .. i only knew him trough you tim showing me the classics otherwise i didnt know who he was . i remember in the episode of DW when they said he died at that time i didn't know who he was so i was confuse even though i knew it was his friend i didn't know how important he was to the doctor until now .. and now im sad

saying that both him and sarah would of made it perfect to some up al the classics with teh new
Old 10-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
true but the only problem with him is the new era of whovians dont really no him .. i only knew him trough you tim showing me the classics otherwise i didnt know who he was . i remember in the episode of DW when they said he died at that time i didn't know who he was so i was confuse even though i knew it was his friend i didn't know how important he was to the doctor until now .. and now im sad

saying that both him and sarah would of made it perfect to some up al the classics with teh new
Firstly, I agree most New Who fans don't know who he was but that is why I'll never forgive RTD for not bringing him back when he had the chance and secondly, to me, it doesn't matter whether people know him. Nicholas Courtney sparkled and he would have just won over a completely new audience.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Firstly, I agree most New Who fans don't know who he was but that is why I'll never forgive RTD for not bringing him back when he had the chance and secondly, to me, it doesn't matter whether people know him. Nicholas Courtney sparkled and he would have just won over a completely new audience.
i agree with that it woundt be to hard to add him in they did with sarah jane
Old 10-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
i agree with that it woundt be to hard to add him in they did with sarah jane
Sarah Jane and the Brig met again years after the classic series in a SJA adventure that aired during the spinoff's second season. Enough gravitas was there to let new viewers know he was, like Sarah, someone special in the world of Classic Who. Had Nick Courtney not been so ill during those final years, it is possible he could have made more appearances both on the SJA and the New series. That just wasn't to happen though due to his failing health. I am one fan amongst several who can't help but feel cheated.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Sarah Jane and the Brig met again years after the classic series in a SJA adventure that aired during the spinoff's second season. Enough gravitas was there to let new viewers know he was, like Sarah, someone special in the world of Classic Who. Had Nick Courtney not been so ill during those final years, it is possible he could have made more appearances both on the SJA and the New series. That just wasn't to happen though due to his failing health. I am one fan amongst several who can't help but feel cheated.
Yeah especially when he could have easily returned in any number of episodes over the Tennant era. I'll be forever annoyed at RTD for not including him when he had the chance.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah especially when he could have easily returned in any number of episodes over the Tennant era. I'll be forever annoyed at RTD for not including him when he had the chance.
Same here! Especially as he was more than willing to make the return appearances if he was asked to.
Sadly we are left with a comic book story where Ten meets the Brig which isn't even canon as far as I am aware of, but is quite good. A shadow of what could have been....
Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Same here! Especially as he was more than willing to make the return appearances if he was asked to.
Sadly we are left with a comic book story where Ten meets the Brig which isn't even canon as far as I am aware of, but is quite good. A shadow of what could have been....
thats something .. its annoying cause he would of been amazing they brought SJ back but i feel they did that in order to do her own series but later on they had Jo to they could of had him to
Old 11-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
That was my point. I'm convinced that had they been alive, they would have done that and not Billie Piper.
They could asked Noel to come back too or even Catherine.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
They could asked Noel to come back too or even Catherine.
There's a long list
Old 02-25-2015, 12:24 AM
Absolute Fan

If Elisabeth Sladen had lived and so had Nick Courtney, the two would have been reunited on her spinoff series more times than just the one.
Think of the possibilities, think of the story potential.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
If Elisabeth Sladen had lived and so had Nick Courtney, the two would have been reunited on her spinoff series more times than just the one.
Wow that would of been amazing
Old 02-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I would have invested in the relevant DvDs for sure. Sarah Jane and the Brig...ah yes two classic Who luminaries together again...maybe someone can write more books with them together having an adventure in them? They did do a few adaptations on televised SJA so why not some original novels?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I would have invested in the relevant DvDs for sure. Sarah Jane and the Brig...ah yes two classic Who luminaries together again...maybe someone can write more books with them together having an adventure in them? They did do a few adaptations on televised SJA so why not some original novels?
yes seeing as they both aint with us anymore would be nice to do it trough a novel
Old 04-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread