Old 12-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We need it.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Yes, definitely! New characters are cool but I always love to see different sides of the Doctor

KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Call me crazy, but I like the original 9th Doctor, the Shalka Doctor. I wish we had seen another animated story with the Shalka Doctor. Accoring to RTD, he is cannon (alll Doctors are cannon, I think is what he said). Afterall, he could be the 9th regeneration, but of a future cycle.

He's an angry Doctor for the most part, but he has funny moments too, and even likes singing!
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
Call me crazy, but I like the original 9th Doctor, the Shalka Doctor. I wish we had seen another animated story with the Shalka Doctor. Accoring to RTD, he is cannon (alll Doctors are cannon, I think is what he said). Afterall, he could be the 9th regeneration, but of a future cycle.

He's an angry Doctor for the most part, but he has funny moments too, and even likes singing!
Orginal as in chris ?
Old 01-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Orginal as in chris ?
No, before Eccleston. In 2003, the BBC weren't interested in celebrating 40 years of Doctor Who, so fans who worked in the animation industry, set about bringing the show back in animated form with a new Doctor. Voiced by Richard E. Grant, at the time, this Doctor was cannon, he was the 9th Doctor. Shortly after completion of the story, the BBC did a U-turn, and decided to bring the show back "properly". Once Eccleston arrive on our screens, it meant that the Shalka Doctor was no longer cannon.

Scream Of The Shalka also featured Sir Derek Jacobi as the Master (years before appearing on tv as a different Master). Though he is the Master, there is a twist.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Oh wow, thanks for that info! Very interesting indeed, I didn't know about it. Always grateful for passionate and talented fans though

KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
No, before Eccleston. In 2003, the BBC weren't interested in celebrating 40 years of Doctor Who, so fans who worked in the animation industry, set about bringing the show back in animated form with a new Doctor. Voiced by Richard E. Grant, at the time, this Doctor was cannon, he was the 9th Doctor. Shortly after completion of the story, the BBC did a U-turn, and decided to bring the show back "properly". Once Eccleston arrive on our screens, it meant that the Shalka Doctor was no longer cannon.

Scream Of The Shalka also featured Sir Derek Jacobi as the Master (years before appearing on tv as a different Master). Though he is the Master, there is a twist.
wow i didnt know that at all !
Old 01-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

There's an interesting backstory to the Shalka Doctor. He had given up his travelling through time & space, and had retired to Gallifrey. He was in a relationship with the daughter of the Lord President. All was fine, until an alien invasion occured. The Doctor and The Master teamed up to save Gallifrey, in pashing back the invasion, The Master destroyed his final regeneration. The timelords send to Doctor away to do their work. However the Doctor isn't alone, as he builds an android of The Master, complete with the Masters consious.

It can't compete with the Eccleston 9th Doctor, but it's an interesting look at where Doctor Who could have gone, had the show not returned in live action form in 2005. I doubt an animated Doctor Who would still be going 17 years on, but who knows....

Come to think of it, i'm surprised that Big Finish haven't picked up Richard E. Grant, it would allow him to build on what he started as the Shalka Doctor. The Shalka Doctor allready has his own rendition of the Doctor Who theme.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was this an audio version?
Old 01-04-2021, 03:10 AM
Extreme Fan

No, I think it was what is called a 'webisode'. An imimated story, 6 episodes long, about 15 mins per episode, and shown on the BBCi website back in 2003. However, in 2013, it was released on DVD as part of the Classic era range.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes that si sweet
Old 01-04-2021, 10:11 AM
Extreme Fan

For the last few months, I have slowy been rewatching the classic era in a random order, first the 3rd Doctor, and recently the 5th Doctor. I finished watching The Awakening. This last series had some of Davisons best stories.I never used to like the 5th Doctor, but he's kind of grown on me. I don't think a Doctor suffered loss quite like the 5th Doctor. It always feels like the more good the 5th Doctor tries to do, the worse things get,
Old 01-06-2021, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I need to.watch more of the classic series
Reply   Post New Thread