Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I like the oh god cant remember the name byt the family of blood i think from season 3 marthas time when the doctor looses his memories and they are at that boarding school that family scared me .. the way the doctor split them up was scary to

I also like Cassandra she was good
I liked Cassandra too! Of the ones most frigtening, my vote must go to The Beast in The Satan Pit. I understand that he scared a fair few kids in the viewing audience...

Your thinking of the Human Nature/The Family of Blood 2 parter, which was awesome in my opinion.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I liked Cassandra too! Of the ones most frigtening, my vote must go to The Beast in The Satan Pit. I understand that he scared a fair few kids in the viewing audience...

Your thinking of the Human Nature/The Family of Blood 2 parter, which was awesome in my opinion.
really the beast ? i didnt think he was well my most scared situation with DW was the episode with Blink first appearance with the weeping angels man they where so scary
Old 01-02-2016, 01:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Makes me wonder what younger viewers would make of classic monsters such as the Malus or the Tractators, both from Peter Davison's time as the Doctor?
Old 01-02-2016, 05:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Makes me wonder what younger viewers would make of classic monsters such as the Malus or the Tractators, both from Peter Davison's time as the Doctor?
See thats what i want to know cause my sister always said dw was a kids show but i never saw it as that
Old 01-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
See thats what i want to know cause my sister always said dw was a kids show but i never saw it as that
It was a family show that the whole family could watch together, that was the intent. It is a fallacy that it is a children's show, one which has haunted the series for many years.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It was a family show that the whole family could watch together, that was the intent. It is a fallacy that it is a children's show, one which has haunted the series for many years.
yer i think some episodes are to scary for me and im an adult
Old 01-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
yer i think some episodes are to scary for me and im an adult
I think but am not sure that the whole idea of it being a show strictly for children came about because of the later Tom Baker episodes, which generally pandered to the younger viewership.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I think but am not sure that the whole idea of it being a show strictly for children came about because of the later Tom Baker episodes, which generally pandered to the younger viewership.
Oh so that was later on kids started to watch it more?
Old 01-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I believe it was originally thought of as a children's show when it started as the BBC wanted an educational show for children...
Old 01-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the Editor.

"Actually, sir. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll resign"
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, as Tim reminds us, it was initially started as an aducational show for children. But by the latter Tom Baker episodes, more kids were watching as the episodes were tailored more to them, with more humor and less adult themes and violence.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I believe it was originally thought of as a children's show when it started as the BBC wanted an educational show for children...
So it was for kids how interesting
Old 01-30-2016, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't think much of the Family of Blood but was so creeped out by what The Doctor did to them. Now that was scary. That was one of the most disturbing scenes in all of Who history.

Daleks are really creepy when you think about the mutilated person that is inside of the machinery. Imagine what was done to Oswin during that dalek full conversion. She was probably mutilated and amputated and hacked and dismembered until all that was left was....I'm not even sure how much body is needed to keep her alive and functioning inside the casing. You can actually lose most of your face and brain and everything below your belly button plus both arms and still be alive. It reminds me of the Unwind book series by Neal Shusterman.

I needed more episodes about The Beast. I was so fascinated. We keep going to the end of the universe. I think it's time we saw more of the beginning of the universe.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 01-30-2016 at 03:47 AM
Old 01-31-2016, 05:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I didn't think much of the Family of Blood but was so creeped out by what The Doctor did to them. Now that was scary. That was one of the most disturbing scenes in all of Who history.

Daleks are really creepy when you think about the mutilated person that is inside of the machinery. Imagine what was done to Oswin during that dalek full conversion. She was probably mutilated and amputated and hacked and dismembered until all that was left was....I'm not even sure how much body is needed to keep her alive and functioning inside the casing. You can actually lose most of your face and brain and everything below your belly button plus both arms and still be alive. It reminds me of the Unwind book series by Neal Shusterman.

I needed more episodes about The Beast. I was so fascinated. We keep going to the end of the universe. I think it's time we saw more of the beginning of the universe.
family of the blood is a very scary episode shows a very dark side to the doctor
Old 02-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

I think the clockwork ships were interesting. Powered with the brain of infamous women. Marie Antoinette. Madame de Pompadour.

The Doctor saved Reinette (when she was 37) but wasn't able to save Marie (beheaded at 37).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread