Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know that it's overanalyzation to question the blatant plot hole. And I have very little faith in Moffat anymore about resolving things. He tends to just brush them aside. Take the "How did Sherlock survive" thing. Completely glossed over by just showing people's theories and then having John ask Sherlock if he'd ever tell them how he survived and he never does. It's irritating. Like I said, I understand we're in a time travel show where time can be rewritten, but it's not fair to have these plot lines that seem important and then just do exactly jack squat to resolve them or alert us to the fact that the timeline has changed. I'm probably coming across as more angry than I feel, but I just find that to be lazy writing.

I'm glad Clara at least mentioned Jenny...that's been bugging me for a few years now.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I agree I think moffat has lost his spark in the writing department she use to be brilliant fantastic even but season 7 was such a let down that I feel he is losing his edge this season was a lot better he went back into making those big episodes and that storyline go trough out the season which I love .. But I hope he steps it up for season 9 or he leaves soon his not doing justice to the show . And we have this great doctor played by a great actor being used in not the best storylines .. Saying that this session was a lot better there were just a lot of things left unexplained that's not cool ..

Clara and Danny .. I don't know if we will get a happy ending but if she's pregnant would be a cute addition .. I think the doctor would try and help her but yes it would change the time line and maybe that's how clara would leave ? , cause she would never meet the doctor or she would of left with danny awhile ago

Ps the who rant that clara made about doctors timeline aka Jenny and all ( they should really bring her back ) how did she know that was it cause she's the impossible girl and she saw it ? Does she remember all her life times ?
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

This was probably the most bittersweet ending of NuWho ever. Nothing truly changed between Danny and the Doctor, they still had their issues. Danny still died and Clara lost him. The Doctor and Clara's parting was based on lies.

And I'm kinda okay with the less happy ending that we're used to. Because it shows that not even the Doctor can fix everything or save everyone. It is more realistic than some of the other endings we got.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I don't know that it's overanalyzation to question the blatant plot hole. And I have very little faith in Moffat anymore about resolving things. He tends to just brush them aside. Take the "How did Sherlock survive" thing. Completely glossed over by just showing people's theories and then having John ask Sherlock if he'd ever tell them how he survived and he never does. It's irritating. Like I said, I understand we're in a time travel show where time can be rewritten, but it's not fair to have these plot lines that seem important and then just do exactly jack squat to resolve them or alert us to the fact that the timeline has changed. I'm probably coming across as more angry than I feel, but I just find that to be lazy writing.

I'm glad Clara at least mentioned Jenny...that's been bugging me for a few years now.
I guess that I'm just so tired over all the "Danny can't be dead" or "Clara has to be pregnant because of Orson" stuff on tumblr. Orson mentioned that both his grandparents traveled through time and space but Danny never actually did so, and I think that Danny saving the kid and bringing him to Clara is bigger than Orson. I think that Orson was introduced to keep Clara with Danny because without him there she would have never had gone to Danny. Maybe Orson was someone that Missy planted? Idk.

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Orson mentioned that both his grandparents traveled through time and space
He said that one of them did, not both - "One of my grandparents, well, great grandparents."

The way I see it though, Danny doesn't have to be alive, and Clara doesn't have to be pregnant, and he can still exist. It's a Sci-Fi show, people are looking for logic where there doesn't need to be any Her being pregnant or him coming back are the easy options, and I think if they ever do explain Orson, they'll use one of them (and if she really is leaving, that will make it look even more likely), but they don't have to.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

This might be a spoiler, but Jenna Coleman is going to be back for the Christmas special so we might get a few answers to our questions.
Personally I think Santa is going to turn out to be a robot.
As for the comment about Clara Who, well people keep in minded Moffet loves to troll the fans with things like this, last season they kept changing the texture of the font for the Show titles.

I was having a great night with friends then I woke up in the morning to find that I had been Bagged and Tagged. And I though to myself at least I didn't get a Tattoo.
jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
When? In the ending?
Old 11-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
When? In the ending?
She mentioned it during the whole speech to the cybermen to keep them from killing her
Old 11-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Absolute Fan

I am now of the opinion that Jenna Coleman should have left after the 'Impossible Girl' storyline of Season 7B was done. I am rather upset to hear she is back for Christmas. What lies is she going to tell the Doctor this time to explain why she is not off with Danny?
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I am now of the opinion that Jenna Coleman should have left after the 'Impossible Girl' storyline of Season 7B was done. I am rather upset to hear she is back for Christmas. What lies is she going to tell the Doctor this time to explain why she is not off with Danny?
Will there be a need for the lies at that point?

I was having a great night with friends then I woke up in the morning to find that I had been Bagged and Tagged. And I though to myself at least I didn't get a Tattoo.
jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I imagine the Doctor will find a particularly cheesy way of bringing Danny home and they go off and live happily ever after on Christmas Day, because we all want to see that lovey dovey happy stuff... Apparently... Or so we keep being reminded by Moff and RTD. No, I would much prefer either Clara to return and just forget this whole Danny thing ever happened (if only I could) or just leave it with a rare bleak and real ending. Kinda like when Tegan left the TARDIS crew.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
See i dont care about the danny storyline as much but they do need a better good bye on a betterr note for thier relationship
Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I imagine the Doctor will find a particularly cheesy way of bringing Danny home and they go off and live happily ever after on Christmas Day, because we all want to see that lovey dovey happy stuff... Apparently... Or so we keep being reminded by Moff and RTD. No, I would much prefer either Clara to return and just forget this whole Danny thing ever happened (if only I could) or just leave it with a rare bleak and real ending. Kinda like when Tegan left the TARDIS crew.
I would have thought the Doctor has suffered enough traumatic moments when past companions have left him. But your point is taken, and I do believe Clara should be written out so they can start afresh with Series Nine. How much futher can the Clara storyline be expected to go? They have really made a muddle of things so far IMHO.
As for happy Christmasy endings I have nothing against them and dont think they have all been happy for the Doctor. Oh well...
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I didn't think last year's Christmas special was all that cheery. If Danny does come back,I'll roll my eyes. People die because that's life and he wasn't Rory. I don't really want Clara to return.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She was still a good companion throughout season 8 imo, so i'm not upset that she stayed. But keeping her on for the Christmas special too does reek of the RTD days where saying "enough is enough" was never an option

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread